Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

31 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Surely Wigtownshire would still have been aligned with Dumfries as D&G was a regional council and Wigtownshire became a districr council. Look on the bright side, when the bridge across the Irish Sea is built the Dumfries to Stranraer line might be reopened 😁.

Anyway apart from Girvan, and Ayr United Reserves for a brief time in the 40s, have any other Ayrshire sides played in the SoS? I'm just curious (excluding Bonnyton of course).

No others.

4 minutes ago, never been to scotland said:

I take it we are up to 16 then! Nice.

I think once TJ and his management committee meet tomorrow and put out their statement then come Friday night that 7premier club's will turn into 12 maybe more.

Pure hunch......
Colville Park will be next to come out.
Wouldn't say so as they had to withdraw from the league this season after a player exodus & also their gaffer going to Darvel. Pretty sure their ground isn't enclosed either.

In other news, in a much needed boost to the much maligned , abused and denigrated SoS, it has been revealed that Chic Charnley is coming out of retirement to once again ply his wares in Bonnie Galloway.

(He might even play some football too)

As his old team Tarff Rovers are sadly no more, he's decided to head for SubTopical Creetown, where a confirmed extra 23 souls are preparing to watch his 2nd debut in the South.

Trammanford Park will never have seen the like.

Now back the real world ;)

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Pyramid Statement

12/02/2020 By Media Team

The latest Pyramid Working Group Update

Following the statement issued on 7 February 2020, numerous informal contacts have been made by Clubs interested in the formation of a new West of Scotland League [WoSFL] at Tier 6 in the Pyramid. This shows clearly that there is an appetite for such an expansion of the Pyramid. The Scottish Lowland Football League [SLFL], in conjunction with the East of Scotland Football League [EoSFL] can now lay out the high level plan to introduce the WoSFL by the start of season 2020/2021.

The next step will be to invite Clubs to register an Expression of Interest to George Fraser, Chairperson of the SLFL by Sunday 1 March, to geo_fraser @hotmail.co.uk. Any expressions of interest must include the contact details of at least one club official.  These will be treated in the strictest confidence. Clubs should not contact the newly formed email address relating to WoSFL, this Is not run by either the SLFL or EoSFL.  At the same time the Clubs are welcome to ask any questions on how the Pyramid works currently as the informal contacts suggested this would be useful. The sending of the Expression of Interest does not of course commit any Club to any particular course of action, but it would be very helpful if we could gauge as closely as possible the actual level of interest in the WoSFL.

The next again step will be to invite Clubs to complete by Tuesday 31 March 2020 an Application to Join the WoSFL. Once again these will be treated in the strictest confidence. The process surrounding these applications will be announced by Friday 6 March 2020.

This plan is to allow every Club at all grades in the SLFL area the opportunity to progress through the Pyramid. There will of course be issues such as geographical integrity to be considered with the introduction of a third Tier 6 League alongside the EoSFL and SoSFL. This and any other consequences will be addressed in a respectful, constructive and orderly way.

Issued by –

George Fraser [Chairperson SLFL] and John Greenhorn [Chairperson EoSFL]

Woo hoo !

17 days , they better get their skates on.

7 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
22 minutes ago, wow-wee said:
I think once TJ and his management committee meet tomorrow and put out their statement then come Friday night that 7premier club's will turn into 12 maybe more.

Petrie about to break their wee hearts?

Had their chance and blew it. Could almost be a song lyric...

4 minutes ago, morley said:

So I wonder who does own that email address that was circulated over the past week for declaring interest. Conspiracy theory here I think! 

I posted a while that I’d bought the domain, used the email to see if there was enough interest after the TJ “West aren’t interested” statement, the data was then passed to the LL and it’s went towards making this decision 

4 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Had their chance and blew it. Could almost be a song lyric...

Think the best song for the sjfa would be letter from America from the proclaimers  sjfa no more 😀

Edited by wow-wee