Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

17 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I dont understand everyone’s rush to demote the sosl etc, why should it even be considered right now?

Yeah that's something that can be sorted in the future or even just looked at to see what and if any changes need made for the better of Scottish football.
Right now, on the agenda is the West region and potential arrival of a WOS league being part of the pyramid

4 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

Any reserve side can always be dressed as a separate "Academy or Community Club"..  There are ways around the issue if Clubs are smart (or devious).  I believe there are a few examples in England and the "sister clubs" even play in the Vase

They still have to be accepted. At the moment I would say its poor for a start up WOSFL to accept teams that will never be able to gain promotion to the LL under current rules. 

On the current list of clubs: 

Confirmed Expressed Interest: Largs, Kilwinning, Darvel, Irvine Meadow, Clydebank, Whitletts Victoria, Rossvale, Rutherglen Glencairn, Maryhill, Drumchapel United PYM 

Suspected of Expressing Interest: Cumnock, Petershill, Glasgow Uni, Pollok, Bonnyton Thistle, Fauldhouse

Edited by ArabAuslander

1 hour ago, TFW said:

Cumnock won the Desmond Cup in 2017-18 when they stopped us winning the title in the last ten minutes. We didn't win the league the season before that. We won it four times on the bounce between 2013 and 2016, but it was 2006 the last time before that. Yes, we're successful, but it's not the perpetual success you're hinting at.

You Talbot guys are a beacon of modesty 😉

In my throwaway last sentence, if only I'd remembered to type "Talbot are becoming like TNS" in place of "Talbot are now like TNS" 🤣

You never argued with the rest of it which is 100% valid.

FWIW I was aware of all that. I'm not into all this polarised thick joonyurs/posh seniors pish. I watch a fair bit of the West Juniors and I'm old enough to remember Talbot when they weren't that good. It took them a good few years after 2007 to get to grips with playing senior clubs and their Scottish Cup record was mediocre. But they're making up for it now. Having watched Tucker as a player I think he's a superb manager and it would have been interesting to see the result with him managing Kelty and wee Barry managing Talbot in the recent cup tie.

On the current list of clubs:
Confirmed Expressed Interest: Largs, Kilwinning, Darvel, Irvine Meadow, Clydebank, Whitletts Victoria, Rossvale, Rutherglen Glencairn, Maryhill
Suspected of Expressing Interest: Cumnock, Petershill, Glasgow Uni, Pollok, Bonnyton Thistle, Fauldhouse

Add amateur club Drumchapel United PYM to the confirmed. Person earlier asking questions is involved with that club.