Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 minute ago, superbigal said:

If it is formed as a totally new wosfl then the west region juniors are in an identical situation to the ersjfa.
The lowland league and new wosfl would be able to veto any juniors in pyramid in same geographical territory.
The west sjfa has got to negotiate for a piece of running this pie or it is doomed like the remaining east to be outwith progression.

Too late, PWG is dead so there isn't a forum to seek agreement with the Pyramid leagues.  Also the WRJFA/SJFA would need to seek agreement from its members to drop the "all-in or none in" approach which TAJ again re-iterated in his most recent email.

They will be able to concentrate on looking after those clubs who don't want to move, which at the moment appears to be the majority or at least a significant chunk.

3 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

I can't help but thinking that Juniors being allowed in the Scottish FA Cup may have led to its own downfall. Talbot are pulling further and further away from the rest of the Junior clubs financed by their Scottish FA Cup money. The only way Junior clubs can compete is access to that same money so going down the Licenced route. Maybe the new league will be a damp squib, who knows, but I think the Senor Cup entry has led to where we are today.

You'll have to agree that Beechwood Park is now one of the best grounds at our grade, with a playing surface to match. There's only two seasons Talbot have had really good pots from the Scottish Cup, 2011-12 and 2018-19, both boosted by games at Tynecastle, plus the BBC at Beechwood last season of course. A lot of money has gone into the regeneration project from both their runs, it's never gone on splashing out on players - the fans and playing set up do that themselves with their own fundraising scheme - and the ground is now ready for the floodlights come the end of the season. 

Talbot are not doing all this for nothing. Whenever something concrete comes out, instead of just notifications of intent, Talbot will act appropriately. No need to rush right now.

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Too late, PWG is dead so there isn't a forum to seek agreement with the Pyramid leagues.  Also the WRJFA/SJFA would need to seek agreement from its members to drop the "all-in or none in" approach which TAJ again re-iterated in his most recent email.

They will be able to concentrate on looking after those clubs who don't want to move, which at the moment appears to be the majority or at least a significant chunk.

So when is this further news from the LL due, before or after tomorrows meeting?

8 minutes ago, Hillview said:

Yeah I've emailed that, not had a reply is that just basically a number gathering exercise?

Once the next stage of the plan has been made clear the teams that have emailed in will be invited to a meeting to have a chat about moving it forward

12 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

it is getting a bit like this  By 23 April the Red Army had surrounded Berlin,[310] and Goebbels made a proclamation urging its citizens to defend the city.[307] That same day, Göring sent a telegram from Berchtesgaden, arguing that since Hitler was isolated in Berlin, Göring should assume leadership of Germany. Göring set a deadline, after which he would consider Hitler incapacitated.[311] Hitler responded by having Göring arrested, and in his last will and testament of 29 April, he removed Göring from all government positions.[312][313] On 28 April Hitler discovered that Himmler, who had left Berlin on 20 April, was trying to negotiate a surrender to the Western Allies.[314][315] He ordered Himmler's arrest and had Hermann Fegelein (Himmler's SS representative at Hitler's HQ in Berlin) shot.[316]

4 minutes ago, TFW said:

You'll have to agree that Beechwood Park is now one of the best grounds at our grade, with a playing surface to match. There's only two seasons Talbot have had really good pots from the Scottish Cup, 2011-12 and 2018-19, both boosted by games at Tynecastle, plus the BBC at Beechwood last season of course. A lot of money has gone into the regeneration project from both their runs, it's never gone on splashing out on players - the fans and playing set up do that themselves with their own fundraising scheme - and the ground is now ready for the floodlights come the end of the season. 

Talbot are not doing all this for nothing. Whenever something concrete comes out, instead of just notifications of intent, Talbot will act appropriately. No need to rush right now.

I agree it is one of the best grounds - do you think the club would be anywhere near where it is without the Senor Cup (I'm sticking with this spelling)  money though. It has put it in a position to attract the best players which wins them the League and/or Junior Cup and the money that brings on its own.

As for how Talbot will act - if a WoSFL comes along and Talbot are not part of it I'll eat a pot noodle without any water being added. They know the route to the Scottish Cup money will soon be cut off to Junior clubs.

3 minutes ago, parkcircus said:

Once the next stage of the plan has been made clear the teams that have emailed in will be invited to a meeting to have a chat about moving it forward

Can I ask since I think it was just Kilwinning's twitter that directed people to WOSFL.co.uk. 

Is that something the Lowland/EoS directed you to after going through them?

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Can I ask since I think it was just Kilwinning's twitter that directed people to WOSFL.co.uk. 

Is that something the Lowland/EoS directed you to after going through them?

I offered to set it up so all the messages where in one place for the LL

13 minutes ago, TFW said:

You'll have to agree that Beechwood Park is now one of the best grounds at our grade, with a playing surface to match. There's only two seasons Talbot have had really good pots from the Scottish Cup, 2011-12 and 2018-19, both boosted by games at Tynecastle, plus the BBC at Beechwood last season of course.

If you don't think this season is even worth mentioning, it shows how Talbot are now operating in a completely different sphere from the rest of the West clubs. If any West Premier club had made Rd 3 of the Scottish this season it would have had a huge impact on their finances. Seems to me Talbot are now like TNS or whatever they're called, who enter the Champions' league every year by winning the League of Wales in perpetuity. 

If it is formed as a totally new wosfl then the west region juniors are in an identical situation to the ersjfa.
The lowland league and new wosfl would be able to veto any juniors in pyramid in same geographical territory.
The west sjfa has got to negotiate for a piece of running this pie or it is doomed like the remaining east to be outwith progression.
I think the new wosfl needs to "claim" its geographical areas asap as part of the process.

That ship sailed roughly 2 weeks ago when the sfa walked away from any future pwg dialogue.

3 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

I agree it is one of the best grounds - do you think the club would be anywhere near where it is without the Senor Cup (I'm sticking with this spelling)  money though. It has put it in a position to attract the best players which wins them the League and/or Junior Cup and the money that brings on its own.

As for how Talbot will act - if a WoSFL comes along and Talbot are not part of it I'll eat a pot noodle without any water being added. They know the route to the Scottish Cup money will soon be cut off to Junior clubs.

The Building Committee have been in existence for a wee while now. The main stand was purchased and erected way before Talbot had anything to do with the Senor Cup (I do like that phrase) The pitch improvement of a while back took up a huge amount of money when new drainage was added. We have a programme hut that has raised £17,000 plus since it started seven years back, and that's all from fans donations which are then recycled into cash for the Beechwood Regeneration Project. The fans buy into that big style because they can see the continual improvements, new stands, new catering facility, new ladies toilets, and toilets for those less able within the park itself.

As for buying players, the majority of the pot for funding new players, and also extending contracts is from the club's hugely successful scheme where fans, players, management contribute £10 per month for ten months of the year with nothing in return bar a small end of season party. Since it was started in 2004 it has raised over £180,000.

It's like everything the club does, making sure everything's sustainable. We could have gone down the route of others who have vastly overspent, but choose not to, and that's why we played second fiddle to Irvine Meadow for a few seasons in the Super League. It's why, like yourself, I can not see any new WoSFL set up without Talbot in it either.

4 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Is there a possibility of Colt/Reserve/B Teams applying and joining the WoSFL if it's up and running next year? SoS/EoS league already has them

There has been talk of old firm colts on some message boards. How substantiated that is, I don't know. 

8 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

If you don't think this season is even worth mentioning, it shows how Talbot are now operating in a completely different sphere from the rest of the West clubs. If any West Premier club had made Rd 3 of the Scottish this season it would have had a huge impact on their finances. Seems to me Talbot are now like TNS or whatever they're called, who enter the Champions' league every year by winning the League of Wales in perpetuity. 

Cumnock won the Desmond Cup in 2017-18 when they stopped us winning the title in the last ten minutes. We didn't win the league the season before that. We won it four times on the bounce between 2013 and 2016, but it was 2006 the last time before that. Yes, we're successful, but it's not the perpetual success you're hinting at.

Aye but whit flavour of pot noodle? This is vital information.

35 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Are there grounds for giving them the KB considering they're allowed in the other leagues at the same level

As was mentioned to me in the pyramid threod in the EOS group when I mentioned this possibility, the conclusion seems to be any club is open to apply for their reserves/colts including the old firm to play in this new wos league. But would the old firm in particular want to go as low as tier 6 recognising they had tried to be able to go as far as tier 2. Probably not and despite precedence in other tier 6 leagues the wosfl would still be free to choose who ever they want. I would suggest as looks to be the case that there will be enough teams to atleast form 1 league in the wosfl then they don't need to look for 2nd teams to fill gaps so unlikely to accept any. Hard to say though given there isn't actually a wosfl league yet to say no. 

Edited by morley