Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 hour ago, theesel1994 said:

I can't help but thinking that Juniors being allowed in the Scottish FA Cup may have led to its own downfall. Talbot are pulling further and further away from the rest of the Junior clubs financed by their Scottish FA Cup money. The only way Junior clubs can compete is access to that same money so going down the Licenced route. Maybe the new league will be a damp squib, who knows, but I think the Senor Cup entry has led to where we are today.

Bloody hell, they get into the Copa del Rey now?

I can't help but thinking that Juniors being allowed in the Scottish FA Cup may have led to its own downfall. Talbot are pulling further and further away from the rest of the Junior clubs financed by their Scottish FA Cup money. The only way Junior clubs can compete is access to that same money so going down the Licenced route. Maybe the new league will be a damp squib, who knows, but I think the Senor Cup entry has led to where we are today.
Spot on. I've no doubt Linlithgow getting in, and then getting licenced before the Sfa shut the loophole was the precursor for Kelty and Bonnyrigg moving.

We were getting the best of both worlds, even more than Talbot who have done it on merit for years.

The chance to save the juniors lay with Linlithgow but the Sjfa were to blind to see it. Imo the only way to save it was for all clubs to give up that sfa cup entry and revert to pre-super league table splits.

That would have stood a chance of working imo but the ship has long sailed and now its time to get all those great clubs into the same system.

Non league football in Scotland will be brilliant as soon as its stable, and a non league Cup will be a belter.

Darvel
Pyramid Statement

Darvel Juniors have expressed an interest in joining a potential West of Scotland League (WoSL) at Tier 6 given that there was no following consensus put forward with the Pyramid Working Group (PWG).

It is anticipated that this would act as a feeder league to the existing Tier 5 Lowland League. I think it is with little surprise that we have considered the potential to enter such a league given the level of investment in both our current facilities/playing squad.

We will seek assurances/guidances from the necessary parties in order for us to better understand what our position would be if such a league came to fruition.

The Club will release a statement in due course when we are in receipt of further information, however be assured that we are still dedicated to our SJFA membership at this time.

In the interim Darvel needs to assess our options to ensure we are maximising our potential to play at the highest playing level available to us.

30 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Darvel
Pyramid Statement

Darvel Juniors have expressed an interest in joining a potential West of Scotland League (WoSL) at Tier 6 given that there was no following consensus put forward with the Pyramid Working Group (PWG).

It is anticipated that this would act as a feeder league to the existing Tier 5 Lowland League. I think it is with little surprise that we have considered the potential to enter such a league given the level of investment in both our current facilities/playing squad.

We will seek assurances/guidances from the necessary parties in order for us to better understand what our position would be if such a league came to fruition.

The Club will release a statement in due course when we are in receipt of further information, however be assured that we are still dedicated to our SJFA membership at this time.

In the interim Darvel needs to assess our options to ensure we are maximising our potential to play at the highest playing level available to us.

What is the list of interested clubs that have came out

7 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

What is the list of interested clubs that have came out

Ive got Largs, Kilwinning, Darvel, Irvine Meadow, Clydebank, Whitletts Victoria, Rossvale, possibly Glasgow University, Rutherglen Glencaitn

Edited by honestman54

If it is formed as a totally new wosfl then the west region juniors are in an identical situation to the ersjfa.

The lowland league and new wosfl would be able to veto any juniors in pyramid in same geographical territory.

The west sjfa has got to negotiate for a piece of running this pie or it is doomed like the remaining east to be outwith progression.

I think the new wosfl needs to "claim" its geographical areas asap as part of the process.

8 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

This is where the pyramid takes us!!  why get left behind?

Saw this on the Ayrshire News site, very impressive.  I think Talbot need to make a move now or they will be left behind.  Kilwinning look very ambitious