Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

I can't help but thinking that Juniors being allowed in the Scottish FA Cup may have led to its own downfall. Talbot are pulling further and further away from the rest of the Junior clubs financed by their Scottish FA Cup money. The only way Junior clubs can compete is access to that same money so going down the Licenced route. Maybe the new league will be a damp squib, who knows, but I think the Senor Cup entry has led to where we are today.

I can't help but thinking that Juniors being allowed in the Scottish FA Cup may have led to its own downfall. Talbot are pulling further and further away from the rest of the Junior clubs financed by their Scottish FA Cup money. The only way Junior clubs can compete is access to that same money so going down the Licenced route. Maybe the new league will be a damp squib, who knows, but I think the Senor Cup entry has led to where we are today.
It's even worse up north. Banks O' Dee have won the league the past four seasons & will most likely win in this season comfortably. The club are already licensed so guaranteed Scottish Cup every season regardless of league finish. The club have never made deep Scottish Cup runs but the money they get from it is miles ahead of what anyone else in the region is getting.

7 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I didn't say anything, you claimed the SFA don't know anything about it.  That isn't true, far from it in fact.

I never claimed that for a minute - stop putting words into my mouth.

I asked if the claim that the SFA knew nothing of this league could put a stop to the formation of the league ergo why apply at this point if its not set in stone to actually happen.

Maybe play the actual post and not the man going forward.

1 hour ago, Junior Pub League said:

How does that tie in with what looks like the SFA knowing nothing of the proposed league? Is there a point in applying if the whole thing is going to be nixed by the Sixth Floor at Hampden?

40 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Who told you the SFA don't know anything about it?

14 minutes ago, Junior Pub League said:

Are you saying that the West League proposal has the 100% approval and backing of the SFA?

3 minutes ago, Junior Pub League said:

I never claimed that for a minute - stop putting words into my mouth.

So how did you come to the conclusion that the SFA know nothing of the WoSFL? I'm not putting words into your mouth.

10 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

Given where we are its no longer, if it ever was, appropriate for junior clubs to be in the SC.

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

So how did you come to the conclusion that the SFA know nothing of the WoSFL? I'm not putting words into your mouth.

Again, you haven't read what I've actually posted.  You are seeing patterns that aren't actually there.

"what looks like...." is not actual confirmation of them knowing nothing, its what I've taken from the information which has been posted in this very thread.

Just now, Junior Pub League said:

Again, you haven't read what I've actually posted.  You are seeing patterns that aren't actually there.

"what looks like...." is not actual confirmation of them knowing nothing, its what I've taken from the information which has been posted in this very thread.

Well you've taken it wrongly, the SFA are well aware of the WoSFL proposal.  No need to go radge.

Ask for notes of interest to gauge the level of interest. Ask for applications once a viable threshold passes on the notes of interest. Present the league for any sort of approval not just the idea of one.

The SFA are already well aware of the concept since it has basically been the EoS stance from the beginning of the PWG sessions and now the LL are on board.

Ask for notes of interest to gauge the level of interest. Ask for applications once a viable threshold passes on the notes of interest. Present the league for any sort of approval not just the idea of one.
The SFA are already well aware of the concept since it has basically been the EoS stance from the beginning of the PWG sessions and now the LL are on board.
Also at the last PWG Petrie said they'd take the option into consideration or something to that effect.

1 hour ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

Exactly.

One or two in here seem to have it in for the SoS for some bizarre unknown reason.

Maybe someone got a knockback from a Kirkcudbright lassie 20 years ago and wont let it go........

The only time most teams moving to the WoS will ever likely play a SOS team or a less attractive EOS team will be in Cup competitions. In the SOS other than maybe Threave, Newton Stewart, (plus Dalbeattie and Gretna once they are relegated from the LL), the size of crowd most SOS teams get while small are no different, indeed arguably higher, than the crowds many of the teams currently get in the lower parts of the West juniors. Teams the big West Junior clubs already could and do face in their own cup competitions. It just feels like scare mongering. 

The WoSL isn't even a goer yet, and we've had 5 pages of what if so and so gets relegated, which league will they go into, will they have a choice, would such and such have to move sideways (so and so not even in the pyramid yet never mind getting relegated from the Lowland)! :lol:

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

The WoSL isn't even a goer yet, and we've had 5 pages of what if so and so gets relegated, which league will they go into, will they have a choice, would such and such have to move sideways (so and so not even in the pyramid yet never mind getting relegated from the Lowland)! :lol:

Think we need a new West of Scotland Football League forum alongside the Lowland, EoS and SoS ones, once that happens it's 100% guaranteed 😬

One team that’s not been mentioned that surely has to be a shout for this league is Gartcairn. It’s hardly like Gartcairn have historic ties to the Junior grade as the first team was only formed five years ago.

Surely they must be looking at other community clubs like EK, BSC and Cumbernauld and fancy their chances, especially considering that Rossvale have expressed interest?

I think very said this before but in terms of the SoS League and where it sits I'd have them as a de facto southern conference of the new WoS League, from next season if possible. Licensed winners play off against any licensed winners of the WoS "North" (whether that is a new WoS League or the WRSJFA Super League) and the winner of that plays the winner of the EoS Premier League, if they are licensed for promotion to the Lowland League until such anytime that there are 2 or more promotion spots. This keeps them at essentially the same level (Tier 6) but in practice means that it'll usually be the WoS team that goes into the play off. It's not ideal and it does look a bit unfair that the EoS champion doesn't have to pre-qualify but it could be a potential solution until a merger/realignment happens once the non-league picture at Tiers 6 and lower settle down.