Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

7 minutes ago, stanley said:

Honestly think you damage things with these types of posts.  Jc comes on here and posts genuinely asking for advice and gets a hostile reaction from you.  You do it to others as well.

Clubs have stayed junior for various reasons and are gradually moving over.  They should be accommodated in the seniors like the EoS have done not told "You didn't have the nerve to join so get to the bottom of the queue".

FWIW I think they should join the EoS not WoS just don't see the need for replies like your one.

Well if they get into the west and we draw them in a cup I wont be going.

I think it's perfectly acceptable to have a stance on this if you stand back and let one do it you will have complete chaos

Just now, AlanCamelonfan said:

I think it's perfectly acceptable to have a stance on this if you stand back and let one do it you will have complete chaos

Yeah and I agree with you on that.  There should be boundaries in place so that clubs can't pick and choose between EoS and WoS.  I just think you discourage rather than encourage junior clubs to join the seniors with your posting style.

I can't see the logic in a WoSFL going down the road of accepting clubs from EoS territory eg. West Lothian.
If that was the case, Blackburn could apply to WoS to safeguard tier 6 next season, and probably be guaranteed entry given we're a Licenced club.  It would get messy.
Makes no sense, there's needs to be a Salt n Sauce line between EoS and WoS.  I'm sure there will be more than enough interest from genuine west area clubs.
With Dunipace now in EOS a dividing line is fairly straightforward to create & impliment. Some co-ordinate between Forth & Harthill (or Greenrigg).

As the bodies who will be overseeing the creation of a WoSFL I would imagine that the LL and the EoSFL will view things in a pretty straight forward manner - quite correctly teams from the WRSJFA will be eligible for the new WoSFL and teams from the ERSJFA that are south of the Tay will be eligible for the EoSFL. Any other approach is similar to the geographical overlap argument that they were strong on and quite rightly prevented the ERSJFA being a competitor league to the EoSFL at Tier 6.

Just now, stanley said:

Yeah and I agree with you on that.  There should be boundaries in place so that clubs can't pick and choose between EoS and WoS.  I just think you discourage rather than encourage junior clubs to join the seniors with your posting style.

I think I'm quite the opposite I've posted the pros a million times the difference that it's made to camelon.

I've always advocated and encouraged fauldhouse to join eosfl. 

I also believe it should be tier 7 conferences for next season to get this over the line

2 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
6 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
I can't see the logic in a WoSFL going down the road of accepting clubs from EoS territory eg. West Lothian.
If that was the case, Blackburn could apply to WoS to safeguard tier 6 next season, and probably be guaranteed entry given we're a Licenced club.  It would get messy.
Makes no sense, there's needs to be a Salt n Sauce line between EoS and WoS.  I'm sure there will be more than enough interest from genuine west area clubs.

With Dunipace now in EOS a dividing line is fairly straightforward to create & impliment. Some co-ordinate between Forth & Harthill (or Greenrigg).

Eastern borders of North and South Lanarkshire is the easy guide.

39 minutes ago, jc1 said:

We as a club now need to look at the possibilities west or east

I'm sure either will be possible if the club adopts a particular stance in favour of one or the other... but in the long-term I think you'd be far better off pursuing the EoS route rather than WoS.

You're bound to have plenty contacts at East region clubs - just give them a bell and ask away? or email the league reps noted on the EoS website.

Good luck! 

22 minutes ago, stanley said:

Honestly think you damage things with these types of posts.  Jc comes on here and posts genuinely asking for advice and gets a hostile reaction from you.  You do it to others as well.

Clubs have stayed junior for various reasons and are gradually moving over.  They should be accommodated in the seniors like the EoS have done not told "You didn't have the nerve to join so get to the bottom of the queue".

FWIW I think they should join the EoS not WoS just don't see the need for replies like your one.

Everyone concerned has been very patient with the juniors, the pyramid is starting to function and you are welcome to join but if not get on with your own brand of football and we'll get on with ours

‘Hi Tom, i’ve got some round holes that I need pegs for can you help?’

‘I’ve got some perfectly good square pegs here’

‘No good I need round pegs’

‘What’s wrong with square pegs, square pegs are ideal’

‘Forget it, I’ll get my own’

‘My square peg plan has been bizarrely rejected, i ask all to stand with me and not go for the round pegs, how do you know they’ll work? Probably in short supply too, Are the they even pegs? Square pegs are the best option just now’

Edited by parsforlife

42 minutes ago, Black & Red Socks said:

As the bodies who will be overseeing the creation of a WoSFL I would imagine that the LL and the EoSFL will view things in a pretty straight forward manner - quite correctly teams from the WRSJFA will be eligible for the new WoSFL and teams from the ERSJFA that are south of the Tay will be eligible for the EoSFL. Any other approach is similar to the geographical overlap argument that they were strong on and quite rightly prevented the ERSJFA being a competitor league to the EoSFL at Tier 6.

I just wish they would get on with accepting applications and getting things moving

3 minutes ago, the sniper said:

Fauldhouse are attempting a trade deal to become part of north Lanarkshire so were are eligible for the wos league in return west Lothian recieve shotts and a lifetime supplies of bells pies

Sounds good, done deal 😂

1 hour ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

You're perfectly entitled to your view, and I agree they should go east, but I don't think JC1 is asking anything strange here. They are currently just exploring all options. There is a decent chance that they'd be told they can't go west anyway. And even if they can, I wouldn't be surprised they'd still decide they'd be better off east even when starting a bit lower (that would be my view if I was involved at Fauldhouse). I just think your original post to a manager who is just asking for contacts was a bit ott.

I really dont see the point in a LL2 other than to keep the uni teams and vale of leithen at an artificially high level. 
Have you watched any games with these teams to make such a statement?

If Fauldhouse thought about the bigger picture then they shouldn't have an issue with a season in the EOS at tier 7. If they are significantly better than the other teams then they should skoosh the league, but they will have several Cup competitions against clubs from higher leagues to test themselves. 

Both Kelty and Bonnyrigg progressed after a season of games against lower quality opposition in the EOS and they just took it in their stride. 

Quite bloody right big man.
Imperative to get ALL the available options before you and the committee.

If it means testing the boundaries, literally, on what will be accepted or not then so be it. People are calling for details and clarity.

A West Lothian club enquiring about a WOS league will certainly test the water.

[emoji1319][emoji1319][emoji1319]

As I said we are trying to get as much info as possible and see what ALL our options are

1 hour ago, jc1 said:

As I said we are trying to get as much info as possible and see what ALL our options are

WOS - let's say it's fairly popular so conferences are used as there's more than say 16 clubs. What if you don't finish up in the top half and end up in tier 7 for season 2021-22?

WRJFA - if they somehow got in at tier 6 - would you join if it meant you were in West League Two?

EOS - probably going to be in tier 8 to begin with (unless conferences are used at tier 7 again)

ERJFA - Need to consider what happens if more clubs leave the East Region because basically, there is no status quo scenario. Already one club down and more could leave.

5 minutes ago, Marten said:

You're perfectly entitled to your view, and I agree they should go east, but I don't think JC1 is asking anything strange here. They are currently just exploring all options. There is a decent chance that they'd be told they can't go west anyway. And even if they can, I wouldn't be surprised they'd still decide they'd be better off east even when starting a bit lower (that would be my view if I was involved at Fauldhouse). I just think your original post to a manager who is just asking for contacts was a bit ott.

I agree Marten

There's been plenty of talk throughout the thread about the (hard) Highland/Lowland border but it seems to me that affiliations within the areas are a bit more fluid.  That has been true in the past for EoS/SoS clubs and would continue to be the case with SoS/WoS clubs having an adjustable border depending on club preference. To me there is a difference too between a new applicant and an existing senior club looking to move West. If the WoS league needed applicants to make a minimum number then a bit of flexibility on the geography should be considered.