Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

A LL source.

More than enough licenced clubs already. Makes the application that much easier as you'd be looking for 16 out 20+ and as they're mainly based in the EoS it's easy to base on league standings.

SoSFL vs.EoS First is still advantage EoS but isn't as dramatic. 

Can totally understand them going that route for a LL2. Thankfully they've got a WOSFL on the agenda first though.

11 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

More than enough licenced clubs already. Makes the application that much easier as you'd be looking for 16 out 20+ and as they're mainly based in the EoS it's easy to base on league standings.

SoSFL vs.EoS First is still advantage EoS but isn't as dramatic. 

Can totally understand them going that route for a LL2. Thankfully they've got a WOSFL on the agenda first though.

I really dont see the point in a LL2 other than to keep the uni teams and vale of leithen at an artificially high level. 

On 31/01/2020 at 22:00, djorkiev said:

Think a lot of people have forgot the most important factor during all these discussions, THE FANS! speaking to many west region premiership fans over the last two seasons,  they are almost unanimous in their judgement of our standard v present lowland league, most agree a bit like the tail wagging the dog if we had to feed into this league, most top juniors would more than hold their own in the lowland league.

There are a lot of attractive fixtures for west junior fans geographically, local derbies, and glasgow v ayrshire, we already have a good product, top league and some championship attendances, are more than a match as well, don't get the big push for this, wouldn't cross the road to watch buffs v  nithsdale at tier 7 if we were to amalgamate, or v Dalbeattie star at tier 6, sorry not for me, by the time any team achieved SPL2 via the present set up we would be bored to deathwhat

So if tj persuades rod that it’s a mistake and not to back what the ll is doing. The outcome for the west clubs is another year outside the pyramid. That’s the reality folks don’t see an upside for the clubs in current scenario. 

18 minutes ago, falkirktv said:

So if tj persuades rod that it’s a mistake and not to back what the ll is doing. The outcome for the west clubs is another year outside the pyramid. That’s the reality folks don’t see an upside for the clubs in current scenario. 

It's gone too far for that to happen.

6 minutes ago, jc1 said:

We as a club now need to look at the possibilities west or east

You shouldn't be going west to jump the queue. Your in the east you should go their whether its tier 7 or 8. You shouldn't get to bypass things because yous didnt have the nerve to do it before and I like fauldhouse 

16 minutes ago, jc1 said:

As I said we are trying to get as much info as possible and see what ALL our options are

Parkcircus on here probably.

Eosfl.com in the committee section for the league has an email for David Baxter, believe he's still Secretary for both EoS and LL so could point you in right direction for both considerations.

Secretary@slfl.co.uk

Leaguesecretary@eastofscotlandfa.co.uk

Edited by FairWeatherFan

22 minutes ago, jc1 said:

We as a club now need to look at the possibilities west or east

Guessing that East would be accepted without a problem by the EoS but what about the West? If controlled by Lowland League in the first instance would they allow a Lothians side in?

If ERSJA southern clubs now opt for the EoS then, at least, they will know where they stand for the years to come and can plan accordingly.

Edited by Dev
update

4 minutes ago, jc1 said:

As I said we are trying to get as much info as possible and see what ALL our options are

On the EoS website, front page, links to the criteria;

https://www.eosfl.com/

Membership applications.

Entry Criteria and Application Forms for membership of the East of Scotland Football Association and the East of Scotland Football League can be accessed here and here and when complete should be submitted to -

leaguesecretary@eastofscotlandfa.co.uk

Currently, the member clubs are being canvassed on league structure for next season, which will either be no change (ie new entrants would start in one of the Conferences), or move to a Premier - First - Second set-up with new entrants starting in the Second.

18 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

You shouldn't be going west to jump the queue. Your in the east you should go their whether its tier 7 or 8. You shouldn't get to bypass things because yous didnt have the nerve to do it before and I like fauldhouse 

Honestly think you damage things with these types of posts.  Jc comes on here and posts genuinely asking for advice and gets a hostile reaction from you.  You do it to others as well.

Clubs have stayed junior for various reasons and are gradually moving over.  They should be accommodated in the seniors like the EoS have done not told "You didn't have the nerve to join so get to the bottom of the queue".

FWIW I think they should join the EoS not WoS just don't see the need for replies like your one.

18 minutes ago, jc1 said:

Ur options are straight forward eosfl or ersjfa

If eosfl was letting you in at tier 6 you wouldn't contemplate going to the west

Nothing personal I like u. Ur a good poster and you promote your team well on here but that's just silly letting yous go west

10 minutes ago, Dev said:

Guessing that East would be accepted without a problem by the EoS but what about the West? If controlled by Lowland League in the first instance would they allow a Lothians side in?

If ERSJA southern clubs now opt for the EoS then, at least, they will know where they stand for the years to come and can plan accordingly.

I can't see the logic in a WoSFL going down the road of accepting clubs from EoS territory eg. West Lothian.

If that was the case, Blackburn could apply to WoS to safeguard tier 6 next season, and probably be guaranteed entry given we're a Licenced club.  It would get messy.

Makes no sense, there's needs to be a Salt n Sauce line between EoS and WoS.  I'm sure there will be more than enough interest from genuine west area clubs.

19 minutes ago, jc1 said:

Good luck to you guys, I genuinely hope you'll make the move as I enjoyed it the few times I watched Fauldhouse and I wouldn't like to see you left behind (even if that's your own choice). I hope it works out well.