Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 hour ago, Valemafia said:

Unsure ask the bread guy he likes to speak for everyone 🤣🤣

I do not speak for anyone and actually most on here know this, even the ones for or against the juniors /pyramid etc..
I'm not a 50 year old guy sitting behind a computer who high fives himself when I post something thinking I've put someone down.
I don't do anger online or get upset at people being nasty or condescending. Some are genuinely just blinkered or argumentative but if those people actually work for a junior committee in an online capacity, marketing etc..., then they have serious issues that need to be looked at and I genuinely feel sorry for them as I'd expect they cause more harm to their club than good.  I just want to see Scottish football improve.

The whole problem since day one of this pyramid carry on is that too many people are power struggling, its so obviously beyond belief.   Obviously with the inept constructive meetings the West All-In looks unlikely, which I would have loved to happen so now lets the junior teams who want to progress and try to become bigger allowed to join the pyramid and the ones who are happy the level they are at then should be allowed to stay.

With this I believe the youth development in the West will take off as junior teams look to bring their youth sections into the development league fold and this will hopefully be for the better, giving younger lads the view of a clear pathway to senior football and more chance of wanting to be involved in football than the terrible season we have had at youth level with teams folding.

Oh and never in my wildest dreams from a young lad at 10 year old following the Bens until recently, would I even have thought there was a chance of the Bens joining the senior league. Don't think it will but suppose its there for them if they wanted it.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread
my bad, spelling again

3 hours ago, Marten said:

Interesting as well that he now suddenly does mention the north, despite forgetting about them previously. Maybe he is scared that they will leave en masse if they indeed reach an agreement with the HFL?

A north agreement is believed to be close, as is one with the NCL.

But unless the SJFA/TJ  officially drops his "all in" approach for the remaining ERJFA clubs, there can be no agreement, and the 'stand-off' will continue, year on year.

The leading West clubs won't accept another year where they are NOT in the pyramid.

The West clubs who don't wish to join the pyramid, can stay as they are, with a limited restructuring. Or they could (either now or later), become a junior  'feeder' league to the senior West (pyramid) League.   

1 hour ago, Ped said:

It's ok lads hes invited rod petrie along on Thursday this is the same guy who already tried and failed to push through option zzz he has no say on how the lowland or east vote so what's the point on champion this guy 

I would wager that the Lowland Reps won't be invited to attend as well, even if it only for a Q & A session, before leaving the meeting !!! 

What makes you say that?
There is no requirement for any theoretical LL2 to be a licensed league. When the idea initially came up, it was very much as an unlicensed Tier 6 league.
Regardless, if the WoS gets set up LL2 isn’t  happening for the foreseeable future.
Any LL2 will most likely be a licensed league, or else what would the point be to call it a LL subsidiary and not just say it's a wosfl? A landing place for currently licensed clubs and a place for newly licensed clubs to apply to join once it is formed.

Nothing official but what has been discussed during numerous other conversations.

When do we expect the LL to make their next statement.  I still dont understand why, to stop all of the current debate and silly TJ statements, they didnt just finish their previous statement with a link to an application for the new league and a deadline for such applications.  That surely would have killed all this SJFA stuff dead in the water. 

4 minutes ago, honestman54 said:

When do we expect the LL to make their next statement.  I still dont understand why, to stop all of the current debate and silly TJ statements, they didnt just finish their previous statement with a link to an application for the new league and a deadline for such applications.  That surely would have killed all this SJFA stuff dead in the water. 

Agreed, ‘note of interest’ is not applying. Two very different things. Hopefully sorted asap