Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 hour ago, zenon said:

Here's how I would sort out the North of Scotland issue. 

Tier 6 - Premier Division - champions promoted to HL if licensed, 2 relegated

Tier 7 - First Division - 2 promoted, 3 relegated

Tier 8 would be regionalised

Second Division West - champions promoted

Second Division East - champions promoted

Second Division Tayside - champions promoted

That just won't work as the area is too large for that. Best would be Tayside joining the NRJFA & tier 6 becoming NCL & North Superleague (with Tayside included). Tier 7 below the North Superleague can be a first division for Tayside and one for the current North region clubs.

1 hour ago, zenon said:

You think you can create 2 divisions worth of teams underneath the Highland League that covers Luncarty to Lerwick?

1 hour ago, andy25 said:

Talbot wont wait and anyone who thinks they will are seriously deluded

I'd be very surprised if Talbot will wait indeed, I guess they have already enquired with the LL just in case. I could even see Talbot putting in an application and then wait until it's clear how many clubs will join. The application can always be cancelled with them staying junior if just a handful of clubs move.

As of today the juniors have sent their note of interest in joining any new west league that would allow ourselves access to the pyramid system.

If this system goes ahead it could be put in place by next season.

But more will be made clear of who will be running it and the initial set up hopefully by this week.

A return to EDC or the north of the city is something that I am sure everyone at the juniors would love to see.

And we believe that discussions with the academy committee, council, councillors & trust is the only way we will find out if say huntershill can be funded to bring it up to the standards required for the juniors to even play premiership junior football, never mind senior football.

A joint effort by all parties surely is something that should be looked at to see if EDC are in anway shape or form interested in creating something very special at the hub.

I will be happy to get involved with you guys for a chat initially to lay out a plan to hopefully get answers from the council at least.

There will also be one more member of the juniors committee happy to join me in discussions.

At present the juniors are sharing with benburb juniors over in the south side of the city.

This has worked out tremendously well for ourselves. We intend also to speak to them very shortly to see what their thoughts are regarding the pyramid system and also any works that maybe required within their complex.

I would like to ensure all parties that we are more than willing to put all efforts behind this but we must also protect ourselves at the same regarding any possible move away from new tinto park.

If the council agreed to any refurbishment for huntershill then this work would have to be fully completed before we would commit ourselves to leaving a perfectly good complex.

We all know too well being given promises by local governments and mp's can change very quickly.

Yours sincerely
Dom McInally
Rossvale fc

Edited by FairWeatherFan

25 minutes ago, Marten said:

That just won't work as the area is too large for that. Best would be Tayside joining the NRJFA & tier 6 becoming NCL & North Superleague (with Tayside included). Tier 7 below the North Superleague can be a first division for Tayside and one for the current North region clubs.

That would  be lopsided, 16 Tayside Juniors (Scone are south of the dividing line), 32 North Juniors.

43 minutes ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

That would  be lopsided, 16 Tayside Juniors (Scone are south of the dividing line), 32 North Juniors.

Better than a separate Tayside league on tier 6 and to have regionwide leagues for North & Tayside would mean too much traveling for the smaller teams.

11 minutes ago, Marten said:

Better than a separate Tayside league on tier 6 and to have regionwide leagues for North & Tayside would mean too much traveling for the smaller teams.

I'll clarify.

If you have a combined North/Tayside Superleague at Tier 6, say 16 teams, so 8 from each region, it leaves 24 teams in the North, ie too much for one league.

2 hours ago, zenon said:

You'd be struggling to get 5 leagues worth out of (currently) 57 teams.

3 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
56 minutes ago, wow-wee said:
They sent one out to all the club's today I've read it but don t have it to post.

Be very interesting reading given one club's read it & gone ahead with stating their intentions to the public.

It is it's the same old lets stick together everything will be ok  blah blah blah

6 minutes ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

I'll clarify.

If you have a combined North/Tayside Superleague at Tier 6, say 16 teams, so 8 from each region, it leaves 24 teams in the North, ie too much for one league.

I understand, I should have been clearer in my post, in the area of the current NRJFA there would be a tier 8 league as well. 

On 09/02/2020 at 21:04, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Interesting subject.
Rossvale contacted the Junior association to ask if they could have an U23 team join the league at the bottom tier and were knocked back.
This could also be considered if junior teams leave the junior ranks for the seniors.  Many could add a team back into the juniors.

Your talking absolute nonsense regarding Rossvale Juniors they havent approached nobody at the Sjfa regarding this so your so called know it all about them is all bluff sir stop spreading daft rumours 

Edited by Valemafia

23 hours ago, geo87 said:

From teams that have just left them to join EOS?

Don’t think I made that clear in my previous post tbf

Bo’ness Sauchie & Linlithgow.

You can argue over the direct links of those clubs but there’s very little doubt if clubs leave to join the WoS and then a year after enter a youth/reserve team in the juniors they will be accepted with the misinformation campaign claiming those clubs were coming back after finding the pyramid not to work.

Ladeside committee are for the pyramid ( or so they say ) but are still under impression that super negotiator TJ will lead the juniors to the promised land.  Will they apply without SJFA and the clubs joining en masse ? Doubt it. Personally a would leave the juniors asap.
The fans really don't understand what is going on , you have committee men on here asking questions...what chance do fans have ffs
Post of the day.

The time has come tae just have fitba IMO, same as every other nation