Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 hour ago, Robert James said:

Given your local knowledge, are you of the view that some of the West Lothian Juniors will apply to join the new West league, rather than remain in the ERJFA, or join the EoSL ?

Also, does anyone know if Glenrothes Strollers have made sufficient improvements to their ground, to make it compliant with EoSL standards ? 

The Strollers haven't done any work to build a fence round their ground. 

My information at the time was that their application to join the EOS last year was a reaction to Glenrothes juniors application. The fact they didn't send any rep to the EOS meeting last year suggests they weren't that serious. 

3 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

I've said before, there's a place for Junior football if it slightly relaxed it's ground criteria (it must have done if Linlithgow Rose CFC can play at a sports centre) and encouraged in some decent amateur teams. There's going to be clubs who simply want to stay Junior.  Maybe a formal hook up with SAFA.

Interesting subject.
Rossvale contacted the Junior association to ask if they could have an U23 team join the league at the bottom tier and were knocked back.
This could also be considered if junior teams leave the junior ranks for the seniors.  Many could add a team back into the juniors.

Interesting subject.
Rossvale contacted the Junior association to ask if they could have an U23 team join the league at the bottom tier and were knocked back.
This could also be considered if junior teams leave the junior ranks for the seniors.  Many could add a team back into the juniors.

Do you really think an Organisation with so much bitterness (to the point they used racist terms to describe them) for teams that leave them will allow reserve / youth sides back into their league?

1 hour ago, patriot1 said:

The Strollers haven't done any work to build a fence round their ground. 

My information at the time was that their application to join the EOS last year was a reaction to Glenrothes juniors application. The fact they didn't send any rep to the EOS meeting last year suggests they weren't that serious. 

Yes I heard that they didn't attend

25 minutes ago, geo87 said:

Do you really think an Organisation with so much bitterness (to the point they used racist terms to describe them) for teams that leave them will allow reserve / youth sides back into their league?

If people want to take things personal or hold a grudge, bitterness etc... then I'm sure they don't do to well, as a person or association lolol.

its an idea which would help to improve their league, especially if quite a few junior teams left the league. I don't really care if they would want to do it or not.  It was an idea which was put forward and they knocked it back and that was even before all this carry on in past month.  Rossvale asked for and U23 team and their first team was still in the top junior west league

If they had ambition... would they not join the EoSFL?

I see why the answer appeals to you to be east of Scotland, and both leagues are ambitious however as both a step up from amateurs, just in the manner of facilities and how they are run and how they don’t pay to play etc. Juniors may not be what it used to but I’d say it’s still better than amateurs. There is not a huge gap between top amateurs and lower places junior sides. East of Scotland sides as well.

The Ground Requirements for EoS are slightly higher than that of the Juniors.

Best bet would be a season at Juniors, then move to EoS when you fulfill that criteria.

I would say definitely the correct approach as no doubt juniors will get lumped in regardless at some points, so can be a shortcut for ambitious clubs.