Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

46 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Players don't get fined in senior football.   Rangers/Celtic players don't get fined per booking/red, neither do Blackburn/Coldstream.

At the end of the season, if any club has an excessive amount of yellow/reds then they may be hit with an overall SFA fine of a few hundred quid.

Really? I thought the SJFA was using the same rules as SFA now. After 6 bookings there's a fine and suspension.

8 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

Really? I thought the SJFA was using the same rules as SFA now. After 6 bookings there's a fine and suspension.

The sjfa refused to drop the fines and continue to fine players and clubs under the “we need to do it to make money” guise

IM asked TJ & IMcQ if they would still impose fines on players, as well as a suspension. TJ stated that they would still impose fines because it does not impact on the incurring or serving of player suspensions.

That was the initial response around still imposing fines. Which was then still questioned by others and led to a more in depth response with the SJFA saying they needed the fines to pay their "volunteers"

AR suggested that discipline for all leagues should be the same and, due to this, felt that fines for SJFA players should no longer apply. TJ & IMcQ explained that the fines are used to generate income for the SJFA and its regions. TJ advised that the SJFA administers its own player discipline and suspensions, mainly through volunteers, and the money generated by disciplinary fines was an essential part of these processes.

29 minutes ago, John S said:

WoSL being formed is best option. Allows teams to choose, joining the pyramid or staying Junior. IMO nothing wrong with clubs wanting to remain in the Juniors.

Except what is going to remain? Look at the wreckage of what you guys left behind. Clubs need to read the runes here.

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

Movement in east, Kirkcaldy heading EoS 20200209_121957.thumb.jpeg.d780ee179d22f7b38a047b1a2ad2940d.jpeg

Another fife club leaving, junior football in the kingdom is disappearing. @Burnie_manare kilkcaldy the club you heard about or is there someone else who hasn’t gone public?

On discipline, how much effort is needed to read 8 match reports and put details into a central system?   Given the SFA used to handle the more labour intensive points system I’m sure they can cope. If not the cost of employing someone is going to be negligible In the annual budget. 

IF the SJFA are still refusing to drop fines then the aren’t operating the same system despite their assurances. It’s just further confirmation that the WJFA can’t just be latched on

Another fife club leaving, junior football in the kingdom is disappearing. [mention=14716]Burnie_man[/mention]are kilkcaldy the club you heard about or is there someone else who hasn’t gone public?
On discipline, how much effort is needed to read 8 match reports and put details into a central system?   Given the SFA used to handle the more labour intensive points system I’m sure they can cope. If not the cost of employing someone is going to be negligible In the annual budget. 
IF the SJFA are still refusing to drop fines then the aren’t operating the same system despite their assurances. It’s just further confirmation that the WJFA can’t just be latched on
Kirkcaldy weren't the club mentioned to me.

There must be some committee members watching BSC v Hibs and thinking their club could have a piece of that.  It's still a trickle in the West but hopefully it'll soon become a steady stream. I'm not convinced it will be a flood. Yet.