Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

To think the big Junior clubs could have been in the LL from the start.
This is probably the most prudent point of it all, which in all honesty is the sadest part.

17 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Suppose i better apologise to Burnie_man and LLL and any other pyramid guys. Respect for all the info.

The rebels have won.

As I said in my opening post, poor leadership has lead to this.  The SJFA could have played a major part in the Pyramid but refused to do so, the majority of the membership refused to do so. They only wanted it on their terms and nothing else. They were fed nonsense. They were and are lead by donkeys.

It could have been different, and there is no pleasure to be gained to see an old Association such as the SJFA potentially slide into obscurity, but it now has to happen for the good of the clubs and the good of the game.

11 minutes ago, BS7 said:

Why not have 4 seeded conferences based on league places this season, as a transition season, to allow any other interested teams to enter too? Conference places to settle league placement for following season. Eosfl has been very inventive in coming up with these type of solutions.

Is P & B now twinned with Cloud-Cuckoo Land??

This sort of suggestion is nuts and will NEVER  happen!

Do you REALLY imagine the Premiership clubs would accept being forced to play a season in a 'Conference' made up of just 3 of their main rivals and 4 clubs from each of the lower divisions just to accommodate a handful of newbies?

Read my lips - i.t.w.o.u.l.d.n.e.v.er.h.a.p.p.e.n !!!!

1 minute ago, archieb said:

Do you REALLY imagine the Premiership clubs would accept being forced to play a season in a 'Conference' made up of just 3 of their main rivals and 4 clubs from each of the lower divisions just to accommodate a handful of newbies?

It.will happen if the 63 sides joined wosfl

20 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

To think the big Junior clubs could have been in the LL from the start.

That's the sad part.  The LL started with 12 clubs and 4 places were offered to SJFA clubs. You know the rest.

If there had been encouragement from the SJFA, and had they bought into it all, it would have been so much different.

1 minute ago, archieb said:

You're assuming everyone would move over to the WoSFL.

And can you really call them 3 of their main rivals. When the 16 teams that make up the Premiership this year would see 3 of the clubs changed over anyway through promotion and relegation.

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

That's the sad part.  The LL started with 12 clubs and 4 places were offered to SJFA clubs. You know the rest.

If there had been encouragement from the SJFA, and had they bought into it all, it would have been so much different.

And the boundary between the HL/LL probably wouldn't have been what we know it to be. As if there was representation from non-league Angus and Tayside clubs combined with the then SFL Angus clubs that were soley complaining. The boundary would have been sorted back then.

8 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

You're assuming everyone would move over to the WoSFL.

Yes I am because if you take the trouble to check back through the sequence of posts, THAT was the suggestion I was originally answering:

"cant have a conference set up if you bring in the entire 4 divisions of the West juniors."

8 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

And can you really call them 3 of their main rivals. When the 16 teams that make up the Premiership this year would see 3 of the clubs changed over anyway through promotion and relegation.

A piffling detail

Edited by archieb

2 minutes ago, archieb said:

Yes I am because if you take the trouble to check back through the sequence of posts, THAT was the suggestion was originally answering!

A piffling detail

Pointing out the details in one reponse, while dismissing them the next.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

11 minutes ago, archieb said:

In the east it happened without a second thought.

4 minutes ago, archieb said:

Seems far-fetched that would happen just for Glasgow Uni and Bonnyton's benefit. 

1 minute ago, theesel1994 said:

I wonder how the Junior clubs would have voted on the four options if they voted what they thought was best for their own clubs and there had been no interference/recommendation from the West Region.

Also, remember, it wasn't meant to be a vote.

As I understand it each organisation being consulted was meant to discuss the 4 options and give feedback on the pros and cons of each.

3 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

So from what I can gather from a list of applicants to the WoS: (Will edit this when/ if it does change)

Very Likely/Confirmed Applicants: Clydebank, Kilwinning Rangers, Whitletts Vics, Rutherglen Glencairn

Likely Applicants: Irvine Meadow, Glasgow Uni, Girvan, Cumnock, Petershill,

Possible Applicants (that haven't pinned their mast yet): Strathclyde Uni, Oban Saints, Pollok, Bonnyton Thistle, Darvel, Fauldhouse Utd, Rossvale

Don't know: Everyone else

Reluctant: Auchinleck Talbot

Quite Unlikely Applicants: St Anthony's, Kilbirnie Ladeside, 

Updated.

Congrats to Glencairn for taking the leap of faith.