Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

2 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

No clubs in the juniors are currently licensed. (Girvan apart).

The SFA set a June review date for any licence to be passed by the board and ratified. A february 28th deadline is also set for the licensing department to sign off after a club is audited.

This would mean that many sjfa clubs would need to get things in place between now and next February if they were to be signed off for their licence in june 2021. I doubt everyone would meet these tight timescales given that none are currently playing in a pyramid league.

You don't need a license to play in Tier 6.

Clubs wouldn't only need them for promotion to the LL.

Yep I know that, however the original question was about clubs who could get into the LL.

You are right there is no licence requirement for tier 6 but clubs who wanted to push for licence should know of the new sfa deadlines for licence applications.

1 hour ago, ArabAuslander said:

So from what I can gather from a list of applicants to the WoS: (Will edit this when/ if it does change)

Very Likely Applicants: Clydebank, Kilwinning Rangers, Whitletts Vics

Likely Applicants: Irvine Meadow, Glasgow Uni, Girvan, Cumnock, Petershill,

Possible Applicants (that haven't pinned their mast yet): Strathclyde Uni, Oban Saints, Rutherglen Glencairn, Pollok, Bonnyton Thistle, Darvel, Fauldhouse Utd, Rossvale

Will apply If everyone Else does: Auchinleck Talbot

Don't know: Everyone else

Quite Unlikely Applicants: St Anthony's, Kilbirnie Ladeside,

43 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Disagree with Talbot being unlikely they said a while ago they’ll see what others do, Talbot will go if the other big clubs go. Can’t really blame them they’ve probably got the most to lose joining the pyramid the Juniors works well for them and they are the dominant team so would probably rather this all just went away. However they’re clearly well run at board level and despite their Junior rallying call I’d be amazed if their board weren’t keeping tabs on both scenarios. They’ll go if the floodgate opens as they won’t want to be left behind.

I'm not sure if AA's post was entirely serious.

30 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

Personally speaking I want my team to be playing Talbot,Beith,Pollok,Meadow,Largs etc and all the rest.

Under whatever banner that may be.

I suppose a lot of people will think like that, which is why once a few clubs go, plenty of others can follow. Wait and see I suppose...

Was there any slightly dubious about it?
The reason I ask is I made a post a day or so ago and couldn't find it again on the board. The only way I could find it was someone had responded to it and I could get to it via the notifications.
It was taken down 5 mins after i posted it but basically saying well done 2 the clubs whos stood upto the dinosaur that is TJ.

Mon the papers

On 9 June 2017 at 15:14, Burnie_man said:

Just throwing this out there for discussion.

As expected we've seen Kelty jump ship, maybe one or two will follow in the next couple of seasons but I can’t see a trickle becoming a flood for various reasons, particularly in the West.

However, that doesn’t mean that there aren’t a significant percentage of clubs out there who would like to see a proper pyramid structure in place which wholly involves Junior clubs, and for these clubs to work towards gaining an SFA Licence and work their way up that structure, participating in the Scottish Cup.

Currently, the SJFA don’t appear willing to engage in serious discussions with the SFA, or even open a debate internally with members on this issue.

So what do Junior clubs do next? what is the long-term future of Junior football?  Do nothing and hope that we only lose a handful of clubs and carry on unchanged, or begin an honest and open discussion between member clubs about how to integrate with the pyramid.

These are serious questions that now need asked but I doubt we’ll hear much about it at the upcoming AGM, it’ll be more head in the sand stuff and no leadership.

Suppose i better apologise to Burnie_man and LLL and any other pyramid guys. Respect for all the info.

The rebels have won.

Edited by Tutankhamen
Tom and Scott losers

Suppose i better apologise to Burnie_man and LLL and any other pyramid guys. Respect for all the info.

The rebels have won.

To be fair, this was never about 'rebels' winning.

This was about junior clubs being able to set themselves free from being constrained by playing in sjfa leagues with no chance to progress beyond the sjfa.

The clubs who want to play in the pyramid should have the facility to do so, the others who want to remain in the sjfa should have something in place for them to remain in the sjfa.

All that being said, fair play to rutherglen and the others who have came out and highlighted their interest.

9 hours ago, honestman54 said:

cant have a conference set up if you bring in the entire 4 divisions of the West juniors.  

Why not have 4 seeded conferences based on league places this season, as a transition season, to allow any other interested teams to enter too? Conference places to settle league placement for following season. Eosfl has been very inventive in coming up with these type of solutions.

Something for all West clubs to keep in mind with hoping that the SJFA will find a resolution. There's still going to be the issue with the East Region and the HL/LL boundary. After a year and a number of clubs become licenced you would also see the SFA Scottish Cup take priority over the Junior Cup.

With the leagues taking priority over the Junior Cup as well, its a competition that will have to change. Replays, two legged semi finals will probably be scrapped. Those play a part in the revenue generation of the SJFA, so as an organisation it will take a hit regardless. You would also see clubs get promoted to the Lowland League not to be replaced for a while.

Staying Junior still means change.