Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

To be fair to Talbot, they have always been consistent in their approach. They stated multiple times that they are happy with the status quo, but will react to changes as they don't want to be left behind.

This is where I’m a wee bit confused. You’re right in stating that they have a consistency of approach - but if they state that they will react when they feel they are going to be “left behind” does that not mean that they realise they are already in a position from where they can be “left behind”? i.e. the position they are in is not as far advanced as the position they could be in? Ergo, happy to be flat track bullies?

19 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

Have you any information that Talbot are in talks with the LL?

I don't know whose expressing an interest or not but honestly, if every junior committee had any savvy and understanding, they would all express and interest and what is that, solely expressing an interest to find out what's on offer. it gives every club information of what could happen.

if Kilwinning do it great, if Auchinleck do it great, if Pollok do it great, Clydebank do it great. Doesn't mean any of them will take up what's on offer or they all might take up what's on offer.

An expression of interest is exactly that and no team should think bad of themselves or anyone should think bad of a team for doing so

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Is this correct. So we can clear things up.

The SFA have completely gave up getting SJFA into pyramid? There is no chance of this happening now?

SJFA are no longer having talks to enter the pyramid? But seem to be saying to Kilbirnie, St Anthony's, maybe Talbot and others that talks are ongoing? Is this then inaccurate?

In my opinion all teams in the top two leagues of the West should express an interest to join to at least get as much information as possible and not be out of the loop on the new league before making a big decision. I can see teams having EGMs with supporters 2 weeks before deadline then to decide I would presume.

Scottish Junior Cup- SJFA if they don't take the huff as inevitably that West of Scotland League is happening should invite next season's breakaway West and all current East of Scotland teams to participate in Junior Cup. Would help the prestige and I am sure most teams would love to get involved in this.

The West Region has been loyal to SJFA for years and wanted to get into pyramid intact but whatever the reasons it's not happening so clubs will have to apply to new West of Scotland League to be a part of the pyramid? Is this correct?

7 minutes ago, Boswelldriver said:

Not sure Jim, I think too many egos on here would love to see Talbot falter.

Most probably Annoyed that Talbot are non committal

Maybe people think that from a position of strength Talbot should be leading, but it looks like they will sway with the wind. See you in the WoSL ⚽

The SFA have completely gave up getting SJFA into pyramid? There is no chance of this happening now?

SJFA are no longer having talks to enter the pyramid? But seem to be saying to Kilbirnie, St Anthony's, maybe Talbot and others that talks are ongoing? Is this then inaccurate?

In my opinion all teams in the top two leagues of the West should express an interest to join to at least get as much information as possible and not be out of the loop on the new league before making a big decision. I can see teams having EGMs with supporters 2 weeks before deadline then to decide I would presume.

Scottish Junior Cup- SJFA if they don't take the huff as inevitably that West of Scotland League is happening should invite next season's breakaway West and all current East of Scotland teams to participate in Junior Cup. Would help the prestige and I am sure most teams would love to get involved in this.

The West Region has been loyal to SJFA for years and wanted to get into pyramid intact but whatever the reasons it's not happening so clubs will have to apply to new West of Scotland League to be a part of the pyramid? Is this correct?

The PWG (Pyramid Working Group) has been dissolved due to being unable to reach an agreement for various reasons. This has been confirmed by the LL & EOS. TJ did also confirm this in the leaked email sent to clubs. So for all intents & purposes SJFA entry is dead in the water. As to why TJ is now saying otherwise my own view is it's to try & sway clubs from exploring other options & also to keep the fiefdom intact.

To pursue a place within the pyramid clubs in the WRJFA will need to leave & join the new WOSFL which is only at the expression of interest stage. I agree that clubs should at least state their interest to the WOSFL as it's non-commital & let's clubs find out what's what. On that they can make a judgement of remaining junior or switching to senior status like the 30 or so out east.

6 hours ago, holmparkheroes said:

Talbot’s priority is Talbot, as it should be. Buffs and Bankies are washing nothing in public, they are being upfront and honourable and leading the way.

I think it’s noteworthy that in the east the two ex juniors to progress fastest are the ones who embraced. Others who were reluctant movers haven’t fared so well.

i think the lesson from the east is once one, two big clubs make the move, the games up.

This could be viewed as a one off chance for west clubs to go in at tier 6. If they don’t, it might be tier 7 at best when they do move.

Although, it would make sense if the juniors reviewed their position and opted to move to wosfl as one. 

2 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Probably not.  This league needs a clean break from the SJFA/WRJFA.

100% agree for having a new West League free from Junior control.

Very good news for the pyramid, especially if there is enough clubs to set up this league in time for 2020/21.. 

3 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Oban Saints fancied applying to this new West of Scotland League.

A top amateur club, it would also provide the pyramid with its first team from Argyll and Bute.

Good to see that the Lowland League and George Fraser in particular have acted with the utmost dignity and maturity that hasn't befitted some of the other Blazers mentioned in this thread.

It would be splendid if Oban Saints joined the West League. This fits in with my personal ambition that the Scottish pyramid should cover all parts of the country.  A new addition to the NCL next season, could be Scourie FC (North West Sutherland) , and that is both stunning and very remote. (The North Caley has been positive about joining the pyramid).

Edited by Robert James
post sent in error before completed

4 hours ago, never been to scotland said:

Are discussions still ongoing? Surely the WOS announcement wouldnt have been made if the juniors still had a chance of coming in.

No more PWG meetings planned, and I think you'll find St Anthonys are the club of one of the leading SJFA blazers.

http://www.theants.co.uk/ants-match-secretary-felix-mckenna-sworn-in-as-sjfa-president/

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

No more PWG meetings planned, and I think you'll find St Anthonys are the club of one of the leading SJFA blazers.

http://www.theants.co.uk/ants-match-secretary-felix-mckenna-sworn-in-as-sjfa-president/

Big Time Blazer.

With the exception of the Clydebank rep the rest will go along with the Ants chap and drag it out forever. Doubt the Ants would even mention but for the Big Blazer at the club.

8 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

St.Anthonys, some clubs are not awake to the situation..................SJFA furiously lobbying behind the scenes no doubt.

Club Statement – Pyramid

February 7, 2020

Whilst we appreciate clubs becoming increasingly vocal with regard to leaving the West Region of the SJFA,  We feel clubs should give the Association every chance to try and gain entry to the pyramid through the Juniors and while discussions are still ongoing with the SFA we as a club will back the West Region to the hilt.

Stay strong & support the Juniors

Who’s mentioned leaving the West Region? No one

4 have publicly mentioned they’d like more information regarding a new WOSL

St Ants statement is inaccurate and it’s this sort of thing that drives clubs apart.

The LL and EOS have no planned meetings involving the SJFA 

The SFA have been invited (supposedly) to the SJFA Management meeting next week, but this is only gossip based as no statement or plan has been sent to clubs from the SJFA or West Region.

Kilwinning Rangers still haven’t been contacted officially in any form by the SJFA to explain the path ahead despite other clubs statements mentioning talks are on going, we can only act on the information we have and that so far is an email from the SJFA saying the PWG hasn’t delivered any outcome 

Edited by parkcircus

8 hours ago, Shannon said:

TJ and Rod Petrie both have offices in Hampden. They pass each other in the corridor. "Morning Rod", says TJ.  "Morning TJ" says Rod.
Ergo this can be presented as "talks are ongoing".

However, talks to enter the Pyramid involve more than Rod and TJ and took place, formally, through the Pyramid Working Group. That ended without any consensus and with no prospect of consensus or plans to reconvene it.