Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

So now we sit back and see who publicly declares an interest today? They wouldn't release this statement without knowing some clubs would come forward to get the ball rolling. Right? RIGHT?
5 so far as per a higher up at Kilwinning. Kilwinning, Cydebank + 3 others not yet made public.

3 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

So now we sit back and see who publicly declares an interest today? They wouldn't release this statement without knowing some clubs would come forward to get the ball rolling. Right? RIGHT?

Right. This is happening - they aren’t waiting and gambling on declarations of interest post statement, put it that way.

Not every team will put their heads above the parapets at this time. We'll see whether a league is going to be set up in time for next season(fingers crossed) and then what the closing date for applications is. Only after that date will we know how many and who. 

Don't forget the East juniors move two years ago started as a trickle before becoming a torrent. 

So in other words expect another 1000 pages of rumour, speculation, conjecture, posturing, mud slinging and general mayhem on this thread between now and the start of next season🎉🎉

2 minutes ago, Born To Run said:

Right. This is happening - they aren’t waiting and gambling on declarations of interest post statement, put it that way.

What's the next step?  I guess they are going to have to ask for applications at some point and set a deadline date.   EoS is 31st March so I'd expect something similar.

Just now, Burnie_man said:

What's the next step?  I guess they are going to have to ask for applications at some point and set a deadline date.   EoS is 31st March so I'd expect something similar.

That’s my expectation, yeah. Keeps things aligned and manageable.

I suspect any interested parties who haven’t already been in touch will be e-mailing now. There is also an outside chance of the SJFA trying to shut this down by offering to take up “Option X”...we’ll see.

6 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
11 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

5 so far as per a higher up at Kilwinning. Kilwinning, Cydebank + 3 others not yet made public.

You would imagine Bonnyton would be interested.

14 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

Not every team will put their heads above the parapets at this time. We'll see whether a league is going to be set up in time for next season(fingers crossed) and then what the closing date for applications is. Only after that date will we know how many and who. 

Don't forget the East juniors move two years ago started as a trickle before becoming a torrent. 

So in other words expect another 1000 pages of rumour, speculation, conjecture, posturing, mud slinging and general mayhem on this thread between now and the start of next season🎉🎉

Only 1000? Not too bad then...

27 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Pyramid Statement

The current system works well for clubs in the East and South of the Lowland League catchment area however there is an obvious gap in the West of the country, both Leagues feel strongly that a West of Scotland league at tier 6 is therefore required to allow clubs in all grades within that area the opportunity to participate in the Pyramid should they so wish. As a result, we now plan to take the process forward, respecting the interests of all clubs and bodies but ensuring that every club in the Lowland area has opportunity to progress through the Pyramid.

Issued by –

George Fraser (Chairperson,SLFL), and John Greenhorn (Chairperson, EoSFL)

"both Leagues" meaning EoSFL and SoSFL or SLFL and EoSFL? It reads like the former but would have been nice to see SoSFL name at the bottom of the statement too.

1 minute ago, PastyMan said:

"both Leagues" meaning EoSFL and SoSFL or SLFL and EoSFL? It reads like the former but would have been nice to see SoSFL name at the bottom of the statement too.

I wondered that aswell recognising that in theory are the SoSFL already not meant to be cover for the West. Not that it works or they particularly wanted to be. 

8 minutes ago, PastyMan said:

The SoS were siding with the SJFA in the PWG meetings according to some of the stuff that has appeared on here, so think it's definitely just LL and EoS at this point.

That’s my expectation, yeah. Keeps things aligned and manageable.
I suspect any interested parties who haven’t already been in touch will be e-mailing now. There is also an outside chance of the SJFA trying to shut this down by offering to take up “Option X”...we’ll see.
I think the WRJFA should look after their members who wish to remain Junior and respect those who want to leave and join the pyramid. Give clubs the choice.

I think the WRJFA should look after their members who wish to remain Junior and respect those who want to leave and join the pyramid. Give clubs the choice.
Agreed. I think the WRSJFA coming in as a full structure ship has well and truly sailed.

Like the East it will be two league's with all clubs having a choice.

And actually, that's probably best all round and certainly what RP wanted, no one being forced to play in a league they don't want to.

45 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Pyramid Statement
Features
07/02/2020 By Media Team
Official Statement regarding the latest update from the Pyramid Working Group

It is with regret that recent talks at the Pyramid Working Group (PWG) ended without any consensus on a way forward for the introduction of a West of Scotland League at Tier 6.

The Scottish Lowland Football League (SLFL) and East of Scotland Football League (EoSFL) are strongly committed to the principle of having a structure in place that allows clubs from all parts of the country to find their level in Scottish football. Both Leagues fully support the expansion of the Pyramid in a constructive and orderly way that allows this to happen.

The current system works well for clubs in the East and South of the Lowland League catchment area however there is an obvious gap in the West of the country, both Leagues feel strongly that a West of Scotland league at tier 6 is therefore required to allow clubs in all grades within that area the opportunity to participate in the Pyramid should they so wish. As a result, we now plan to take the process forward, respecting the interests of all clubs and bodies but ensuring that every club in the Lowland area has opportunity to progress through the Pyramid.

Issued by –

George Fraser (Chairperson,SLFL), and John Greenhorn (Chairperson, EoSFL)

Boom!  Image result for pics of sinking ships SJFA holed below the water?

Agreed. I think the WRSJFA coming in as a full structure ship has well and truly sailed.

Like the East it will be two league's with all clubs having a choice.

And actually, that's probably best all round and certainly what RP wanted, no one being forced to play in a league they don't want to.
Correct, add in the fact non-Junior clubs are also interested.

1 minute ago, Ross. said:

Strong on intent, light on detail.

Can't expect much more at this point. They're putting it out there and probably making sure nobody tries to end it before it begins.

This should see a spike in interest though which will help figure out what the plan is going to be.

45 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

What does it matter to the Eos and SoS leagues if the West want to get the ball rolling or want to continue the petty demands for a higher placing for the West teams.

It won't happen, no West team should automatically get a higher placing than Bo'ness, Lithgae etc. or start higher than where Bonnyrigg did,  East teams are thriving and it's of little import to them that committees and blazers in Ayrshire, Glasgow etc. are trying frantically to maintain their wee positions of power.

Junior game's a bust flush, even a great tournnament like the Scottish is a shadow of its former self, glorified WoS cup now with the addition of Tayport and Lochee.

Got some sympathy for the Tayside clubs but the West juniors have to  realise it's not exclusively their ball anymore.

Edited by RobM