Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

56 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Only under the control of the SJFA. Patience appears to have finally been lost with the way they went about their business and to be honest that is entirely on them.

Hence the setting up of a new league so that the clubs have the option to move if they want, without bringing the organisation with them.

You have to look at it through a lens of how the EoS, LL and SoS operate. It's a collaborative body of league's who work closely aiming to drive the non league game forward.

Evidence would suggest that bringing the SJFA into that group would hinder the ability to move things forward, given their clear distain towards everyone and everything non "joonyur".

Setting up a new league with officials from outside of the SJFA would appear, going by all evidence of the last 10 years, to be the best way to keep that collaboration between the league's/associations to drive the non league game forward in the pyramid.

Been reading this today, the past few pages and it does seemed to turn more as if the EOS, LL and SOS wanted rid of the SJFA.  I didn't see it that way on all the readings on here and other medium and chatting to others.  They wanted the West region to come over as one to start a WOS, (who was in control, no one said, it seemed like the west region association guys would be the men) but with the carry on with the SJFA saying NO unless its all the junior regions join, (which don't think anyone would have bothered about) but in the way that they junior association want.  It does sound like the seniors have just lost patience with the stubborn junior association and now its an open book, if you want your team to come under our umbrella then show your interest.  Everyone is in agreement that there should be a WOS so me personally, I want to see one as soon as.

Nonsense?
Of course it's nonsense.
Who would have thought that those nice guys in the LL and the EOSL could come up with something so machiavellian?
If anyone is wondering why the LL and EoS seem to have tired of the SJFA..........[emoji23]

14 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:
19 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:
Then who are the two members?

The LL and the EOSL are 2 members of the PWG.

See that's the thing I don't think either John Greenhorn or Andrew Renwick are credited with their positions with the EOSFL. Certainly in Renwicks case he's only accredited as EOSFA. 

So there's potentially 3 crossover members. The other members I was looking for suggestions on was the HFL when Alan McRae was both SFA president and potentially still on the HFL board and the Southern Counties FA since there's the potential overlap with the likes of Kenny Murray of Dalbeattie serving on the LL board previously and possibly on the SCFA.

1 hour ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

....made mugs out of Petrie and Maxwell....

That's far from clear. Looks more like Petrie and Maxwell eventually realised they had made a mistake by being seen to back the entry of all three SJFA regions back in 2018, because there was no way they could force it through in the absence of a consensus, so they came up with Option Z as their exit strategy. Option Z was what needed to happen to achieve SJFA entry and splitting the LL was the lynchpin to everything. It's difficult to believe the SFA were taken completely by surprise by LL opposition to having that happen, so if somebody was being conned into believing there was support where there wasn't, it appears to probably have been Tom Johnston. Once Option Z went down in flames Petrie and Maxwell were able to save face by effectively saying, well we tried, and walked away from the PWG process leaving the SJFA high and dry. 

{Edit: as lowenan points out above, time to move in. There is zero chance of the SJFA being involved with the pyramid at this point. If clubs in the west want in, it will have to be on the terms set by the LL}

Edited by LongTimeLurker

They've been lied to.
Ultimately those lies were passed on to the clubs.
There's not a chance in hell the LL et al would've bluffed backing option z.

The west region is not in the pyramid solely down to the SJFA showing zero comprimise at any point. See how they refused to ever go with an option that'd see the west in only.

If David Baxter and Kenny MacLean are still pulling double duty as LL/EOS Secretary and fixture Secretary you can hopefully get both to do triple duty for a year. They would be the perfect people to guide the board in the requirements of senior football.
Then you vote in a board who can be set up to run things in a year. With the likes of Matt Bamford likely coming across he should be able to get enough support to be the inaugural President and has basic experience of fulfilling that role already.

There you go.
From your own fair hand.

The west region is not in the pyramid solely down to the SJFA showing zero comprimise at any point. See how they refused to ever go with an option that'd see the west in only.
The reason that the WRSJFA backed Option Z was down to the fact that they had been assured by the SFA that it had the support of the LL. The EOSL weren't keen on it, but Petrie claimed he would push it through regardless.

10 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

It does sound like the seniors have just lost patience with the stubborn junior association and now its an open book, if you want your team to come under our umbrella then show your interest.  Everyone is in agreement that there should be a WOS so me personally, I want to see one as soon as.

Most posters on here share you view. A West senior League is essential for 2020/21, in my view. It will benefit the ambitious junior clubs, will be popular with the most fans, will probably ensure that most of the best players, remain with their junior clubs....................and will provide an integrated non-league system which must surely benefit Scottish football overall ?

But don't assume that TJ has accepted defeat yet. The West Region has been his favoured child, and he may well be planning an alternative 'last ditch' proposal, which sacrifices the East and North Juniors.....for now.   

Just speculation on my part.

1 minute ago, Beenzon-Toste said:
7 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

The reason that the WRSJFA backed Option Z was down to the fact that they had been assured by the SFA that it had the support of the LL. The EOSL weren't keen on it, but Petrie claimed he would push it through regardless.

This is based on the word of confirmed liar Tom Johnston.

16 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:
25 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
If anyone is wondering why the LL and EoS seem to have tired of the SJFA..........emoji23.png

Not denying it though? Are you?

Of course I am, you're talking a pile of utter shite, accusing people of lying on a public forum, it's like we've wound the clock back 12 months when you were crowing there was a "done deal" in place and I was about to have a meltdown.  It's amusing watching you thrashing around in the same manner. Stop.

1 minute ago, Robert James said:

Most posters on here share you view. A West senior League is essential for 2020/21, in my view. It will benefit the ambitious junior clubs, will be popular with the most fans, will probably ensure that most of the best players, remain with their junior clubs....................and will provide an integrated non-league system which must surely benefit Scottish football overall ?

But don't assume that TJ has accepted defeat yet. The West Region has been his favoured child, and he may well be planning an alternative 'last ditch' proposal, which sacrifices the East and North Juniors.....for now.   

Just speculation on my part.

yeah I get that impression

3 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:
9 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Errm not my understanding, the four committee me members/chairmen I spoke to all stated that it was the west region association member who said they have spoken directly to LL and that the LL said they would back option Z, that's why the four members were happy to go along with this.  At no time where they told it was the SFA who stated this, well to me anyways

12 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:
18 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Did he aye?  Please share the email / letter / minute of these assurances.  If you can't we will all assume you just made it up in your own head.

9 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Errm not my understanding, the four committee me members/chairmen I spoke to all stated that it was the west region association member who said they have spoken directly to LL and that the LL said they would back option Z, that's why the four members were happy to go along with this.  At no time where they told it was the SFA who stated this, well to me anyways

At no point did the LL ever agree to split in half, it's laughable nonsense which people highlighted before any meetings took place. For that to happen, the LL clubs would have to agree it via an EGM/AGM.  I'm sure that would have made some headlines if it had happened.  Whoever told that to the WRJFA meeting was sold a pup.

Edited by Burnie_man

Just now, Burnie_man said:

At no point did the LL ever agree to split in half, it's laughable nonsense which people highlighted before any meetings took place. For that to happen, the LL clubs would have to agree it via an EGM/AGM.  I'm sure that would have made some headlines if it had happened.  Whoever told that the the WRJFA meeting was sold a pup.

yes we are in agreement. I believe those members of the west region teems were told that Option Z was back by the LL in order for them all to be happy for the Junior association to go with Option Z at the PWG meeting.
Everyone  in their right mind outside of the SJFA would know that the LL would not go for that