Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

7 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Well if there are two or three or ten clubs in the West Region juniors who are now fed up and seriously wanted to join the pyramid, what would be the best course of action, contact Lowland league executive and ask that they are interested in joining, preferably joining in a new WOS division ?

Make contact with the LL, a number already have.  Expect further announcement from LL this week.

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

Make contact with the LL, a number already have.  Expect further announcement from LL this week.

That was actually my next question.
If there were enough of an interest for a 10 team WOS division would expect the LL to announce it straight away or hold off. If only a handful then an announcement that teams have applied but no where they are going.  if it was the case that so many teams decided to approach the LL for inclusion in the pyramid, there is no doubt, if enough to start with then may would follow right after

I'm not Fudgie...

Clearly don't know me then lol! and I'm sure some would read into it I'm distancing myself. Fudgie thinks I'm talking for the club others are saying I'm questioning it. Gotta love speculation. My motivation was to simply question what if any evidence there was to back up what's being said as truth. 

1 hour ago, Killiepiyo said:

So in somewhat collective summary what folk are saying is there was no recommendations by the pwg and it is false because the whole thing fell apart before they could. TJ lied regarding this to everyone. However there is no direct evidence of this but folk have told other folk and a chairman tweeted something that may have been to do with it?

😂

I'll try again.

IF there was a recommendation from the PWG it could ONLY have come about as a result of a consensus across ALL the participating members.
This would mean that the LL, EoS, SoS, SFA, HL and SJFA had ALL reached agreement.
Do you see?
We do NOT have that consensus
Therefore, we do NOT have a recommendation by the PWG

There is your proof!

Lt Columbo 🙂

4 minutes ago, PastyMan said:

😂

I'll try again.

IF there was a recommendation from the PWG it could ONLY have come about as a result of a consensus across ALL the participating members.
This would mean that the LL, EoS, SoS, SFA, HL and SJFA had ALL reached agreement.
Do you see?
We do NOT have that consensus
Therefore, we do NOT have a recommendation by the PWG

There is your proof!

Lt Columbo 🙂

I'm not doubting the logical workings of your average group however you have one public statement saying there were recommendations that were rejected and others saying there were none then quoting a tabloid. Until the concerned parties come out and respond not going to get much further the night 

5 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

I'm not doubting the logical workings of your average group however you have one public statement saying there were recommendations that were rejected and others saying there were none then quoting a tabloid. Until the concerned parties come out and respond not going to get much further the night 

Both stated by TJ. 

I think that's people are getting at but you're failing to see. 

Edited by RampantFM

5 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Well today we reached 1,000 pages and 20,000 posts, heading for 1m views.

Then the Talbot statement to spice things up and a LL meeting.

What will tomorrow bring 😂

Hopefully a bilateral understanding that suits everyone and implements a full pyramid to suit everyones paticular requirements. 🤷‍♂️

23 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

This looks fun. My turn

Prediction with zero inside info: exact same as the junior refugees in heading to the EoSFL. Clydebank and Kilwinning will apply to SoSFL and there'll be an avalanche of other clubs joining and the SoS will split into conferences. Only difference is once they've created their top division after a year they'll split the lower tiers by region. The new SoS premier league will rename itself the West of Scotland league with Central, Ayrshire and South of Scotland below. Everyone is surprisingly happy and how smoothly it all transitions.

Auchinleck win the 10 team West Region Super League 38 points ahead of Muirkirk as their committee discusses the benefits of moving to the senior leagues. 

Pretty much, except there will only be 3 leagues, Premier with West and SoS below.

i'm assuming a roughly 50/50 split between those leaving SJFA West and those staying.

13 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Well today we reached 1,000 pages and 20,000 posts, heading for 1m views.

Then the Talbot statement to spice things up and a LL meeting.

What will tomorrow bring 😂

Yes let's leave it at that, as my Ovaltine is getting cold.

However, if no news tomorrow, we can always discuss the Future of the East Juniors instead. For example, will the ERJFA discontinue its North/South divisional divide, and reinstate a vertical structure with an integrated Super League, instead ?   Never a dull moment on here !

Time to sleep !

12 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Yes let's leave it at that, as my Ovaltine is getting cold.

However, if no news tomorrow, we can always discuss the Future of the East Juniors instead. For example, will the ERJFA discontinue its North/South divisional divide, and reinstate a vertical structure with an integrated Super League, instead ?   Never a dull moment on here !

Time to sleep !

Don't forget the North Region as well; although it seems many in the SJFA would like to. Hopefully we'll some fruitful discussions with the North Caledonian League and Highland League.

7 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Have you asked for evidence that the SFA and the LL both backed "option Z"?   at no point did the LL ever agree to split, complete fabrication but clubs were told that at the WRJFA meeting. Misled? lied to? make up your own mind.

Still waiting on what PWG recommendation the LL and EoS rejected.

As I have mentioned here on at least a couple of previous occasions, without the comments seemingly able to garner much traction... The SFA and the LL cannot possibly have "both backed Option Z", because the SPFL refuse to sanction more than two regional Level5 feeder Leagues if the 'Team42' promotion/relegation playoff opportunity was to remain in force.

Hopefully a bilateral understanding that suits everyone and implements a full pyramid to suit everyones paticular requirements. [emoji2369]
So explain why the current pyramid structure, which in case you aren't aware is running very well at the minute, should change anything (sjfa want it to change pretty much everything) just to get the juniors on board?

If you join a gym do you get to decide what classes are on throughout the week? If joining a book club is it always your book choice that gets reviewed? Or better yet do any of us get to determine the terms and conditions of anything we join, be it a music site or streaming site?

The answer is no. You join something in the manner it is already set up or you dont join. The juniors are wanted, but aren't really deemed the massive draw some seem to think they are for the current set up to want to change everything it does just to bring them on board.

5 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

So explain why the current pyramid structure, which in case you aren't aware is running very well at the minute, should change anything (sjfa want it to change pretty much everything) just to get the juniors on board?

If you join a gym do you get to decide what classes are on throughout the week? If joining a book club is it always your book choice that gets reviewed? Or better yet do any of us get to determine the terms and conditions of anything we join, be it a music site or streaming site?

The answer is no. You join something in the manner it is already set up or you dont join. The juniors are wanted, but aren't really deemed the massive draw some seem to think they are for the current set up to want to change everything it does just to bring them on board.

Was that a question, demand, lecture or all three? 

40 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Was that a question, demand, lecture or all three? 

Talking about the possibility of 3 teams, village sides such as Nithsdale, kello and Glenafton could never expect to rise far in any sort of pyramid. This new setup will see a few former giants become nothing more than wannabes! 

3 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Is it any wonder things broke down or otherwise with such hostility surrounding the subject? Here's hoping cooler heids prevail. 

It’s no wonder the pwg was such a waste of time when the sjfa turned up with their decision and weren’t willing to negotiate anything other than what was already rejected.

1 minute ago, pipedreamer said:

It’s no wonder the pwg was such a waste of time when the sjfa turned up with their decision and weren’t willing to negotiate anything other than what was already rejected.

This. To support the association now is just folly.