Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

2 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Well Kilwinning seem to be believe what was written on here...

Funny reading a comment on Auchinleck's facebook - "The two clubs who have put their heads above the parapet so far are serious under achievers at our level" - I do recall similar things being said when Dalkeith etc made public their intention to move two years ago.

Screenshot_2020-02-03 (13) Kilwinning Rangers FC - Posts.png

Quoting Facebook comments, intentions and a snap shot of Kilwinning confirming the PWG was disbanded is not evidence of Kilwinning beilving everything written on here?

9 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Taking my questioning a tad personal pal, not my intention. I'm just asking for some evidence outwith i heard this or that as there is very serious implications if folk are lying

I'm not taking it personal, I don't get embroiled in some of the crap that comes on here. I usually just put a point across either agreed with or not agree with and chat about topics with my own view.  The thing is, I only know of four people at said meeting who were told the same thing but there must have been more that received the same information.

It worries me if any Auchinleck fan/supporter concur with their football team statement when you know factually that the Junior association stopped the West region from joining the pyramid.   Officially, Lowland league, East of Scotland and am I correct in thinking the South of Scotland all stated they would welcome and allow the whole West Region junior teams to join the pyramid system which clearly the Auchinleck statement is untrue.  If I was a fan, I wouldn't contact my team and tell them to change the wording as it is while inaccurate.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

55 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Good listen, and fair points.

Yes, I very good presentation of the here and now.

What I don't understand is why the media hasn't sought an on the record interview with the SFA hierarchy, to clarify its position following the PWG meeting. This is especially important, as there are no official Minutes (apparently).

9 minutes ago, Born To Run said:

There was no “veto”.

The SJFA put forward a suggestion, the LL put forward an alternative. That was the whole point of the PWG - to provide a place for the relevant parties to talk and negotiate.

The only promise that I’ve seen was TJ assuring member clubs that it was essentially a done deal, despite not knowing if the others would agree.

The statement is "Following the decision of the Lowland League & East of Scotland League not to support the recommendations of the Pyramid Working Group" So the PWG did not make recommendations?

7 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Taking my questioning a tad personal pal, not my intention. I'm just asking for some evidence outwith i heard this or that as there is very serious implications if folk are lying

The west Region was offered to enter the pyramid while a solution to the rest was sought, option W in the list of proposals for discussion,  Tom Johnstone blocked this. the tier 6 juniors proposal was included at the insistence of him, even though it was rejected unanimously the previous year.

He knows fine we’ll what he’s doing and as long as there are sheep in the west who will follow him blindly, he’ll continue to stifle progression in order to keep is cushty job. 

WRSJFA would have entered the pyramid intact next season, except for one man’s veto, and it wasn’t the LL or EoS...

10 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Have you asked for evidence that the SFA and the LL both backed "option Z"?   at no point did the LL ever agree to split, complete fabrication but clubs were told that at the WRJFA meeting. Misled? lied to? make up your own mind.

Still waiting on what PWG recommendation the LL and EoS rejected.

3 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I'm not taking it personal, I don't get embroiled in some of the crap that comes on here. I usually just put a point across either agreed with or not agree with and chat about topics with my own view.  The thing is, I only know of four people at said meeting who were told the same thing but there must have been more that received the same information.

It worries me if any Auchinleck fan/supporter concur with their football team statement when you know factually that the Junior association stopped the West region from joining the pyramid.   Officially, Lowland league, East of Scotland and am I correct in thinking the South of Scotland all stated they would welcome and allow the whole West Region junior teams to join the pyramid system when clearly that statement is untrue.  If I was a fan, I wouldn't contact my team and tell them to change the wording as it is while inaccurate.

I'd be the first one to contact the club but if i go along with such accusations saying a guy on p&b said he spoke to someone, that's gonna leave me looking rather silly

1 minute ago, Gimme said:
3 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:
The statement is "Following the decision of the Lowland League & East of Scotland League not to support the recommendations of the Pyramid Working Group" So the PWG did not make recommendations?

No it did not.

Were you personally there?

1 minute ago, Killiepiyo said:

The PWG does exactly as it's acronym says, it's the Pyramid Working Group. It's a meeting of the various interested leagues and associations, facilitated by the SFA. It is a forum for the representatives, not a department of the SFA issuing edicts from on high.

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

Good listen, and fair points.

Yeah actually it was but I was interested the comments that they perceived the west region to think they should go in at the same level as Lowland league, obviously this would never happen but was that discussed by the West region and did they state officially that the top west division should go in at tier 5

2 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

You do realise the PWG consists of SFA, LL, HL, EoS, SoS and SJFA.   Who made the "recommendation", what was the "recommendation", did the LL and EoS turn down their own recommendation?

Either it's a very poorly worded statement or the person writing it doesn't really understand what it is they are writing in their eagerness to have a pop.

In the aftermath of the PWG meeting the Lowland League have apparently been responding with clubs and either had a meeting scheduled for tonight or scheduled one for tonight.

Maybe they haven't made any public comment as they knew they were having a meeting and this would be a topic of discussion.

Keep in mind the SJFA haven't made a public statement on the matter yet either. A leaked email to the SJFA membership is not a public statement.

Just now, Cyclizine said:

The PWG does exactly as it's acronym says, it's the Pyramid Working Group. It's a meeting of the various interested leagues and associations, facilitated by the SFA. It is a forum for the representatives, not a department of the SFA issuing edicts from on high.

Generally speaking working groups are task with making recommendations in my experience elsewhere. So did this fall apart prior to the recommendations being made to the SFA or did it make recommendations that some parties did not agree with>?

2 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

I'd be the first one to contact the club but if i go along with such accusations saying a guy on p&b said he spoke to someone, that's gonna leave me looking rather silly

lolol, its fine,  just say its me, the guy who had two assists against Auchinleck in 1999 to put them out of the league cup quarterfinals 😐

2 hours ago, glensmad said:

Interestingly, Talbot's statement is still not on their official club website or Twitter, it only appears on their Facebook as far as I can see.

Having said that, Talbot's website also says their next match is away to Glencairn, when the match is actually at Auchinleck. emoji849.png

Oops better get that sorted. Also their is a statement its in the club news.

Generally speaking working groups are task with making recommendations in my experience elsewhere. So did this fall apart prior to the recommendations being made to the SFA or did it make recommendations that some parties did not agree with>?

It can't make a recommendation if all/most parties disagree, unless you count "we will meet again" but in this case even that falls apart when the group has been disbanded. This does sound like TJ has presented Option Z at the PWG, it hasn't been agreed and he's making out that this Option Z nonsense came from the PWG itself rather than from one member of the group.

5 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Yeah actually it was but I was interested the comments that they perceived the west region to think they should go in at the same level as Lowland league, obviously this would never happen but was that discussed by the West region and did they state officially that the top west division should go in at tier 5

I’ll try to clarify - I’m Derek (Mozza) from the podcast.

I was more referring to comments made over the last few years, both public and private, in which certain people have stated that the region (at least in part) should enter at Tier 5 as the quality of the Premiership was on par with the Lowland. 

This obviously can’t happen in practice as all Tier 5 sides must be licensed. IIRC the option was included in one of the questionnaires sent to member clubs however.