Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

18 minutes ago, andy25 said:

You know everything else though...

I do not know *anything*. I have an opinion. Having an opinion is not knowing. Talbot have made public statements about 'knowing their place'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43574188

" We see ourselves as a junior football team, we've no ambition to play senior football."

Talbot could be in the Championship if they so wished to be. They have that potential. Size of town irrelevant.

We might have a better idea later tonight^^^

2 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
26 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:
Supporting the SJFA in these circumstances is like hanging on to the railings as the Titanic sinks, just because the band on deck have yet to play your request.

Celine Dion with a rendition of 'My Grade Will Go On'?

More like this:

They might have the potential but they don't have the infrastructure.
I have no wish to see Talbot playing senior football but I realise that if they dont join the pyramid then they will be left behind.

I do not know *anything*. I have an opinion. Having an opinion is not knowing. Talbot have made public statements about 'knowing their place'.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43574188
" We see ourselves as a junior football team, we've no ambition to play senior football."
Talbot could be in the Championship if they so wished to be. They have that potential. Size of town irrelevant.

I love the way everybody on here is so concerned about the talbot, more so than their own teams, as usual theres only one show in town, everybody trying to slag us but they all want to play us on a saturday to get a decent crowd instead of just a dozen of your own supporters

I love the way everybody on here is so concerned about the talbot, more so than their own teams, as usual theres only one show in town, everybody trying to slag us but they all want to play us on a saturday to get a decent crowd instead of just a dozen of your own supporters
I think you may have misread some posts to be fair......

4 minutes ago, geo 1909 said:

Can’t say I give much of a thought to what you will do here. My club has made their feelings clear in public and that is my only concern with it. If others see a different(And in my opinion incorrect) path from here, good luck to them.

6 minutes ago, geo 1909 said:

12 minutes ago, geo 1909 said:

Errrrm, I don't think I am, so don't say everybody when FACTUALLY that aint true
The statement is wrong and is insinuating that both LL and EOS are to blame for the juniors not joining the pyramid which is a total fabrication of the truth.
if your club is going to decide to stay junior give a true reason,  they shouldn't try and make up lies or untruths

As I said previously, I don't know why some are slogging Talbot if they want to stay with an association who has treated their members the way that have done so regarding the pyramid carry on then that's is up to them, nothing wrong with that.  But to make knowingly inaccurate statements, that's another thing

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

But when you go back to when he was giving his 'kosher' news update about the SJFA being at Tier 6 he only described the SFA Board as agreeing in principle. Which isn't a directive is it? Its more a lets try and make this happen.

image.thumb.png.ad3af9a309da0c09f28f63c9e7e43e8c.png

So to be clear there was no directive, no sfa support but an agreement to try and work out a solution until the sfa had it pointed out to them they didn't know their own set up and its processes.

Now the sfa who apparently back the sjfa, guaranteed tier 6 and had a directive have walked away from the PWG, disbanding it and essentially ceasing any chance if the sjfa entering at any point in the near or distant future.

So in short, lurker was talking bollocks and has been for pretty much a year.

15 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

Any club that relies on away gates to survive has an incredibly precarious business model.

It's not purely about away supporters - high profile opposition is needed to keep/boost home and neutral attendees too.

Caledonian Braves' reserve side isn't going to do that!

No just find it quite sickening your sycophantic statement when your club’s actually doing the same as every other club but is just trying to play both sides.

5 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

So to be clear there was no directive, no sfa support but an agreement to try and work out a solution until the sfa had it pointed out to them they didn't know their own set up and its processes.

Now the sfa who apparently back the sjfa, guaranteed tier 6 and had a directive have walked away from the PSG, disbanding it and essentially ceasing any chance if the sjfa entering at any point in the near or distant future.

So in short, lurker was talking bollocks and has been for pretty much a year.

Basically.

The extent of any "directive" can actually be summed up perfectly in TJ's own words.

the Board agreed that the SFA should lead and facilitate a meeting.

That was it. Essentially start the PWG meetings again with the SJFA and senior leagues and try and work out a way for the Juniors to join. That's all.

That's why the first meeting had a straw poll to see if the pyramid leagues were even okay with the idea of the juniors joining.

image.thumb.png.c685cf43778a8a46ca5b3601d72ff175.png

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

Interestingly, Talbot's statement is still not on their official club website or Twitter, it only appears on their Facebook as far as I can see.

Having said that, Talbot's website also says their next match is away to Glencairn, when the match is actually at Auchinleck. emoji849.png

It's not a one guy does everything approach, It's three with different commitments. Press release is extactly this

"Following the decision of the Lowland League & East of Scotland League not to support the recommendations of the Pyramid Working Group, this would have allowed the Scottish Junior FA to Join the Pyramid System. Auchinleck Talbot FC wish to confirm that we will support the SJFA in their efforts to find a solution to this matter.

In the meantime ATFC will continue to work towards achieving Club Licensing in preparation for any possible future changes to the Structure of our game, we can assure our fans that they will be kept informed at the earliest opportunity of any developments, and that we will consult with them before any decision is made on the future of the Club.@

Henry Dumigan

Secretary

Auchinleck Talbot FC

2 minutes ago, crfc said:

The sosl and ll saying no is out of fear of losing clubs to a new set up with a wosl I see teams leaving to join a wosl set up ..

Why would teams leave the lowland league to go to a west of scotland league? Sosfl losing teams they probably arent bothered about they get to keep their wee league

9 minutes ago, crfc said:

The sosl and ll saying no is out of fear of losing clubs to a new set up with a wosl I see teams leaving to join a wosl set up ..

It's not clear that the sosl actually did that. It's only the ll and eosl that are consistently stated by people on both sides of the argument as having said no to the SJFA (no idea why some people still can't grasp that this is different from the west region entering alone) becoming involved with the pyramid and entering fully intact.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

It's not clear that the sosl actually did that. It's only the ll and eosl that are consistently stated by people on both sides of the argument as having said no to the SJFA (no idea why some people still can't grasp that this is different from the west region entering alone) becoming involved with the pyramid and entering fully intact.

TAJ stated in his communique earlier that the SoS wanted the Juniors in. It's EOS and LL that are the perceived bad guys.

Edited by cmontheloknow

16 minutes ago, crfc said:

You believe that?  No club will be leaving the LL to drop down a level, and I can't think of any club in the EoS who would even be eligible to join a WoS, Dunipace perhaps but they seem happy where they are, so it's a bit of an odd comment to make. Bonnyton might go WoS, maybe.

The LL and EoS want to see a WoS league in place, they have no axe to grind with Junior clubs joining the Pyramid otherwise why suggest a WoS in the first place.  They are looking to give clubs a choice in the west, stay Junior or join the Seniors.

TAJ's email and Talbot's statement have been noted by those leagues, and neither are accurate or helpful.

Edited by Burnie_man