Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Lurker said......No follow ups to bizarre posts by the usual suspects.

Thought you were away for a few days and aren't replying?

What a fantastic climb down you have had sir.

Keep going around in circles though. You remind me of a frog jumping from pod to pod to pod.

It was a very surprising detail for him to include as it hinted strongly that the SFA now see the WOS scenario as the only solution.
The bit about Iain McQueen of the SJFA asking Petrie three times what comes next only to be told there were going to be no more PWG meetings was also something that was a very surprising inclusion on TJ's part. The teasing out what comes next bit at the end suggests a deep state of denial over what just happened.
Only problem I'm highlighting is the timeline of somebody starting to organise a WOS for next season.
No, you sir are trying to muddy waters, misrepresent facts and are actively trying to make yourself look impartial to everyone, all this whilst throwing around consistent bollocks about things you clearly have no understanding of and zero involvement in.

The tone of TAJ's epistle is completely wrong for a formal communique with member clubs. Colloquial language interspersed with a dose of self-pitying butthurt and lacking a great deal of self-critique. Mon the Junyurs. 
EOS BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don’t think I have ever read anything of that sort in my life (football or day job). This is something that is supposed to give clubs proper information not someone’s interpretation of event. I would find this offensive if I had received this at the club. This is why there should have been proper minutes and should have been a statement from the SFA explaining the outcome, even if that was ‘we can’t get and agreement so we have decided that we are to end attempts at amalgamation’.

Only way forward is a WOSFL.

14 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Only problem I'm highlighting is the timeline of somebody starting to organise a WOS for next season.

Jan 31st 2013 the Lowland League didn't exist.

Jan 31st 2018 Dalkeith Thistle if I remember rightly had been the only club to announce their application to the EoSFL. All the speculation was around could the league get to 18.

Jan 31st 2020 Nope a WoSFL can't be done! It's unprecedented!

22 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

It was a very surprising detail for him to include as it hinted strongly that the SFA now see the WOS scenario as the only solution.

The bit about Iain McQueen of the SJFA asking Petrie three times what comes next only to be told there were going to be no more PWG meetings was also something that was a very surprising inclusion on TJ's part. The teasing out what comes next bit at the end suggests a deep state of denial over what just happened.

See, I feel like this is why you’re attracting flak. You’re making suppositions based on TJ’s inclusions - all the while, his main “adversary” has completely rebutted this account.

The timeline is absolutely challenging, I agree. It would need to be supported by the EoS as volunteered previously. Expect BSC and Caley Braves to submit their reserve sides too - Glasgow Uni as a licensed club might well join the discussion alongside Bonnyton. It would only take 6+ Junior sides to commit to a WoS initially.

Edited by Born To Run

1 hour ago, Tutankhamen said:

No chance of it being the SoSL.

Think a lot of people have forgot the most important factor during all these discussions, THE FANS! speaking to many west region premiership fans over the last two seasons,  they are almost unanimous in their judgement of our standard v present lowland league, most agree a bit like the tail wagging the dog if we had to feed into this league, most top juniors would more than hold their own in the lowland league.

There are a lot of attractive fixtures for west junior fans geographically, local derbies, and glasgow v ayrshire, we already have a good product, top league and some championship attendances, are more than a match as well, don't get the big push for this, wouldn't cross the road to watch buffs v  nithsdale at tier 7 if we were to amalgamate, or v Dalbeattie star at tier 6, sorry not for me, by the time any team achieved SPL2 via the present set up we would be bored to death.

1 minute ago, Born To Run said:

See, I feel like this is why you’re attracting flak. You’re making suppositions based on TJ’s inclusions - all the while, his main “adversary” has completely rebutted this account.

The timeline is absolutely challenging, I agree. It would need to be supported by the EoS as volunteered previously. Expect BSC and Caley Braves to submit their reserve sides too - Glasgow Uni as a licensed club might well join the discussion alongside Bonnyton. It would only take 6+ Junior sides to commit to a WoS initially.

If six West Junior sides break ranks it will be a landslide.

The following West Junior meeting at Hampden will be held held round a table in the Montford pub.

Wondered how long this would take....

Think a lot of people have forgot the most important factor during all these discussions, THE FANS! speaking to many west region premiership fans over the last two seasons,  they are almost unanimous in their judgement of our standard v present lowland league, most agree a bit like the tail wagging the dog if we had to feed into this league, most top juniors would more than hold their own in the lowland league.

There are a lot of attractive fixtures for west junior fans geographically, local derbies, and glasgow v ayrshire, we already have a good product, top league and some championship attendances, are more than a match as well, don't get the big push for this, wouldn't cross the road to watch buffs v  nithsdale at tier 7 if we were to amalgamate, or v Dalbeattie star at tier 6, sorry not for me, by the time any team achieved SPL2 via the present set up we would be bored to death.

Top 4 in the top league of the juniors would hold their own. The LL is a really good standard of football and having seen both levels first hand, is now a better standard for me.

The juniors may think their clubs are better but below the LL is where they will fit best. With the top sides progressing into the LL and the rest remaining where they are right now until they can make further progression.

4 minutes ago, djorkiev said:

But refused to get involved when it formed. The nettle will be grabbed at some point. This year? Next year? Five years time? Ten years? It is inevitable one day. The bullshit from the Powers That Be have muddied the waters big time. That has been a grevious disservice to the SJFA's West Region clubs.

13 minutes ago, djorkiev said:

Turns up nearly a 1000 pages later.

Nice one Tom

Top 4 in the top league of the juniors would hold their own. The LL is a really good standard of football and having seen both levels first hand, is now a better standard for me.  
The juniors may think their clubs are better but below the LL is where they will fit best. With the top sides progressing into the LL and the rest remaining where they are right now until they can make further progression.

Was thinking the same myself. It is any wonder some people think of some Junior fans as being a bit arrogant or of thinking they are somehow special when this sort of thing comes up? It's like the original survey a year or so (seems like a lifetime ago) where one of the options the SJFA proposed was having the Juniors at tier 5! As if they should be allowed to jump to the head of the queue as they are all somehow better than all other non-league clubs. Even now, of of their big ideas was that they should sit parallel with the existing Lowland League rather than feeding into it. As to not wanting to cross the road to watch your own team play a so called lesser light - maybe Ibrox or Parkhead would suit him better. As much as I hated the Pars spell in League One, I enjoyed going to places I wouldn't normally go to, and if Falkrik fans had that kind of attitude they wouldn't be getting decent crowds in League One now either. Strangely enough, play some lower league Junior side from the North or East in the Junior Cup and that attitude goes out the window. It is utterly baffling.

23 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

No it isn’t we are a championship club and would be top 4 in the LL league , there is hardly a game I would open the curtains to watch if it was out my back door , the top junior team the talbot would win that league first time of asking or I would be surprised 

No it isn’t we are a championship club and would be top 4 in the LL league , there is hardly a game I would open the curtains to watch if it was out my back door , the top junior team the talbot would win that league first time of asking or I would be surprised 
Goodness me.

You really wouldn't. You haven't been to a LL game have you?

Top 4 (Talbot are included btw) in the top league would do well. Another 2 to 4 may 'hold their own' but the LL is no canter. Ask Kelly and Bonnyrigg. They maybe sitting 1st and 2nd but it hasn't been a breeze for either so far.

Just now, Darvel legend said:

Maybe worry about being top 4 in the West Region Premiership... it wasn't that long ago you were a dire club yourself. I recall Lok putting 10 past you. Things change in football. Newly monied clubs getting above themselves apart, that is.

Just in case it's before your time or you've forgotten..

[emoji1]

Maybe worry about being top 4 in the West Region Premiership... it wasn't that long ago you were a dire club yourself. I recall Lok putting 10 past you. Things change in football. Newly monied clubs getting above themselves apart, that is.
Just in case it's before your time or you've forgotten..
[/url]  

I also know that if we are lucky enough to get promoted this season our fans would rather we played talbot , Hurlford , meadow , beith , pollok etc than any of the clubs in the LL league , surely they The paying customers should be asked on their views towards this 

Nobody is forcing you to go but I guarantee that if all the clubs you named above moved to a new WOSFL your club would be on your way too!!