Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

6 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Hardly considering it is the same geographical area.

Unless of course you think Cumbernauld is nearby Castle Douglas.

Here was Burntisland Shipyard's first league campaign in the East of Scotland League back in 2012-13.

Coldstream, Berwick, Eyemouth, Gala, Kelso, Selkirk, Duns, Peebles and Hawick.

image.png.22918db9453bbdd49c6254231dc47996.png

Tonnes and tonnes of local games for local people.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

34 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I am certain a new league will be formed, but my own personal opinion is that the SoS should be absorbed into the West structure. Ideally to me it's either a region at tied 8 or it becomes a conference within tier 6 of the WoS for one season.

I agree on both points. The SoS covers too small a region to be considered a viable Tier 6 league - that has become even more apparent when you place it side by side with the current EoS. It would be the same story with a new WoS. The place for the SoS as an entity is alongside regional leagues much further down the pyramid. That doesn't mean that all the teams have to be further down the pyramid of course - there would still be opportunities for promotion/integration into a West structure at a higher tier.

29 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Cumbernauld isn't really near Ayrshire either but it looks like Cumbernauld Utd  will be making trips there at least ten times in the league next season. (Travelling times 45-65 minutes)

Stick to the LL forum, you're digging a giant hole.

9 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Kilwinning might fancy a new derby with bonnyton

Aye and Dunipace might fancy playing Muirkirk 

SoSL talk for the West Juniors is for space cadets that know nothing of the West Region.

Nearer reality would be Bonnyton asking to join a new WoSL.

The actual state of that email. If those were official minutes they would be barred from being published. They are laden with accusatory language and I would suggest don't provide an accurate reflection of the night's events.  As a side note, in all my personal dealings with both the LL and eos not once have they ever made a decision based on if they 'like' someone or something. To suggest they have made such a major decision based on this is quite frankly incorrect and schoolboy/scheme mentality.

Quick try and get everyone back onside, tell the clubs the LL and eos don't want or like us....absolute fabrication. Again.

Having been part of the LL meeting that discussed the options available, I feel these minutes must be of a different meeting.

All I can say is that all LL clubs had no real desire to favour any of the four options presented, but were heavily in support of a WOSL possibly under SLFL administration at tier 6. Thus ensuring similar constititution with LL, EOSL and SSOL.

I certainly missed any sign of a dissident minority, whilst there was active and committed conversation.

7 minutes ago, Keltygaz said:

Having been part of the LL meeting that discussed the options available, I feel these minutes must be of a different meeting.

All I can say is that all LL clubs had no real desire to favour any of the four options presented, but were heavily in support of a WOSL possibly under SLFL administration at tier 6. Thus ensuring similar constititution with LL, EOSL and SSOL.

I certainly missed any sign of a dissident minority, whilst there was active and committed conversation.

There you go, the Lowland League supports the setting up of a West of Scotland League.

6 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

There you go, the Lowland League supports the setting up of a West of Scotland League.

Yes, everyone is shocked by the discovery that the very idea floated back in December 2017 still has support in January 2020 by the very people that proposed it.

Shocked! Shocked I say!

Now get actual clubs to propose it, because it went down like a lead balloon when it was sounded out previously.

16 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

...only problem is the "possibly" and it only being taken under consideration as a future option by Rod Petrie if the TJ version of events is to be believed.

For this to happen quickly by next season one out of the SFA, LL, EoS and SoS that can guarantee SFA sanctioning for new divisions under their existing structure needs to start accepting applications ASAP.

Can understand that a public approach by x number of clubs might be needed to initiate that process.

No follow ups to bizarre posts by the usual suspects.

Flashback to the Sunday Mail article in December 2017 when the news of the WoSFL at tier 6 trying to be organised by BSC/LL broke.

On 31/12/2017 at 11:46, FairWeatherFan said:

Couldn't find a link myself or take a good enough photo.

Breakaway league bid stuns west junior sides

Alan Robertson

Junior football is set to be rocked by plans for a breakaway feeder league into the senior game.

Top team Kilwinning Rangers are researching whether the new league is viable and if others follow suit junior football in the west could be devastated.

Junior and amateur sides are being urged to start a new West of Scotland League by Lowland outfit BSC Glasgow.

The set-up would mimic the South and East of Scotland leagues. Clubs would ender the sixth tier of the SPFL pyramid aiming for promotion to the Lowland then League Two in the seniors.

BSC chairman Steven Prince, who wants to put a reserve side in the league, claimed a couple of clubs who have expressed an interest "would be the Man Uniteds of the Lowland League".

Kilwinning have been asked to look into the plan by their committee, management team and supporters' club.

Chairman Colin Boyd said: "In terms of the popularity vote it's come at bang the right time. We've had two home league fixtures in four months so everbody is quite upset at the moment.

"The juniors aren't doing what they're supposed to be doing - we're supposed to have a fixtures until the end of March, we're not getting that.

"There have been games off forever, a lot of clubs are struggling and nobody seems to be able to try and help them.

"The game is just not modernising at all and although personally I don't see this as the ideal solution, we have to look at something that might involve the club in future. I don't think anybody is wanting to get rid of the juniors or the history but everybody is looking over their shoulder now."

Kilbirnie Ladeside confirmed they are not interested in BSC's proposal.

The dramatic move comes as junior chiefs prepare to sit down with the SFA, Lowland and Highland leagues on Thursday to discuss possible involvement of clubs in the pyramid.

SJFA secretary Tom Johnston said: "The difference between ours and BSC's is we are in negotiation, in discussion, about it. It is not somebody with a shotgun picking holes in what is there just now and putting up proposals without any kudos."

1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

...only problem is the "possibly" and it only being taken under consideration as a future option by Rod Petrie if the TJ version of events is to be believed.

For this to happen quickly by next season one out of the SFA, LL, EoS and SoS that can guarantee SFA sanctioning for new divisions under their existing structure needs to start accepting applications ASAP.

Can understand that a public approach by x number of clubs might be needed to initiate that process.

“If the TJ version of events is to be believed”

Let me play Devil’s advocate. Do you believe him? I suspect very few do by the nature of that email.

The Lowland has always been pro-pyramid expansion. It’s issue is in promotion/relegation - need to get that expanded to two automatic spots soon. 

9 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Twice in the past day or so you've said "I'm off for a few days" but still, as a lying fantasist, you cant resist posting. 

7 minutes ago, Born To Run said:

“If the TJ version of events is to be believed”

Let me play Devil’s advocate. Do you believe him? ...

It was a very surprising detail for him to include as it hinted strongly that the SFA now see the WOS scenario as the only solution.

The bit about Iain McQueen of the SJFA asking Petrie three times what comes next only to be told there were going to be no more PWG meetings was also something that was a very surprising inclusion on TJ's part. The teasing out what comes next bit at the end suggests a deep state of denial over what just happened.

Only problem I'm highlighting is the timeline of somebody starting to organise a WOS for next season.