Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

5 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Yeah, but these clubs all came from the EoS catchment area, and weren't using it as a passage of convenience until they got themselves sorted.

It's an option of course, but only if a WoS fails.

Really, so when did the EoS have Fife and Perthshire teams for a prolonged period of time prior to the pyramid and licencing? Stirling only joined in 2008. There's more precedence of Dumfries and Galloway being a EoS catchment area than there was Fife until recently. Annan, Gretna 2008, Dalbeattie Star and Threave Rovers.

Groundshares are commonplace, and easily accomodated.
Indeed.

Apparently what was an issue for the Bankies, was not for Syngenta when the SJFA are in a rush to absorb teams in the East. They rent our park on a match by match basis. They most certainly don't own or have priority over it.

So that's not even a thing in the juniors.

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Fair enough. I'd hope for more though. I thought my suggestion allowed an evening out of standards and an opportunity for the more ambitious SoS to move over, rather than have the anomalous division having a promotion place that not many of them might want.

It could happen.  I imagine every option is on the table for clubs to explore.

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

Really, so when did the EoS have Fife and Perthshire teams for a prolonged period of time prior to the pyramid and licencing? Stirling only joined in 2008. There's more precedence of Dumfries and Galloway being a EoS catchment area than there was Fife until recently. Annan, Gretna 2008, Dalbeattie Star and Threave Rovers.

Fair point, but those clubs moved from the SoS into a stronger league.  Would they SoS want to be seen as a passage of covenience again for much stronger clubs? who knows.  We might never find out.

5 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Indeed.

Apparently what was an issue for the Bankies, was not for Syngenta when the SJFA are in a rush to absorb teams in the East. They rent our park on a match by match basis. They most certainly don't own or have priority over it.

So that's not even a thing in the juniors.

Linlithgow Rose Juniors don't even play at a ground that matches Junior criteria.

7 minutes ago, sweep said:

Who told you everything would remain the same and when was the meeting held to discuss this?

The West Region has already changed to fit into the Senior calendar. There shouldn't be any of this scaremongering to say entering the pyramid would mean any changes to the current set up beyond the loss of the Junior Cup.

Sectionals, West of Scotland Cup, Champions Cup can all remain. That's within the remit of the West Region committee and members as it always has been. The EoS even had their own Sectional League Cup last year that was the start of the season.

4 minutes ago, gogsy said:

If the West region juniors entered pyramid as a whole at tiers 6-9 then the only people that could get rid of Sectional LC would be the West Region Juniors.

100% correct. It cannot be discussed until it happens. If it ever does

So in your wealth of knowledge who would get priority at Holm park if Clydebank left the juniors .The sjfa rule  states that the member club Must have priority. Clydebank would no longer be a member club

Both clubs have equal share over the priority of the park. The SJFA allowed and accommodated a BSC/Maryhill groundshare so it’s entirely feasible. Id hope the people behind Yoker would get behind a WOSL anyway. Anyway the SJFA rule is nonsense.

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

The West Region has already changed to fit into the Senior calendar. There shouldn't be any of this scaremongering to say entering the pyramid would mean any changes to the current set up beyond the loss of the Junior Cup.

Sectionals, West of Scotland Cup, Champions Cup can all remain. That's within the remit of the West Region committee and members as it always has been. The EoS even had their own Sectional League Cup last year that was the start of the season.

You use the word scaremongering. Was that the same Scaremongering when I said opition z would never be accepted

5 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Both clubs have equal share over the priority of the park. The SJFA allowed and accommodated a BSC/Maryhill groundshare so it’s entirely feasible. Id hope the people behind Yoker would get behind a WOSL anyway. Anyway the SJFA rule is nonsense.

I have already stated that I appreciate teams wanting to better themselves. I spoke at the West meeting last year and expressed my concerns about the way the west was going about the Pyramid.  The whole thing is a total shambles but their will be a solution for teams like Clydebank and others who want to better themselves but all we seem to get on here is hypothetical writings. Constructive dialogue must prevail. My only concern is the impact on smaller teams

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

Fair point, but those clubs moved from the SoS into a stronger league.  Would they SoS want to be seen as a passage of covenience again for much stronger clubs? who knows.  We might never find out.

I don't think we will ever find out.

Let's face it the majority of the EoS clubs from the original 13 (even replacing Kelty for Hawick), knew that they would be relegating themselves to the bottom of any future EoS league structure. Which turned out to be the case as known of them made the EoS Premier Division this season.

The same applies to the SoS if they had to make that choice. Stranraer and Caledonian Braves might actually prefer it for their reserve sides being able to go up and down divisions and stronger cups. Braves even have the potential headache in future of being relegated to a WoSFL while having their reserves in the SoSFL. Both at Tier 6.

Bonnyton Thistle would maybe prefer it to. So there's 3/15 liking the idea.

Threave Rovers get knocked as not interested in the pyramid, yet joined the EoS in the pre-pyramid days and signed up for the Lowland League. They would probably like the challenge of going up and down divisions. Mid-Annandale find the time to field a u20 team. Uppers do as well, although I heard at the time that was more of a youth team taking on the name for entry.

There might be enough to let it pass if it ever happens. They never said no to East Kilbride, Edusport Academy or Bonnyton Thistle. They were all seen as just using the SoSFL as a stepping stone.

11 minutes ago, sweep said:

You use the word scaremongering. Was that the same Scaremongering when I said opition z would never be accepted

The week before the the West Region meeting I said that the region are probably going to vote for Option Z said even though there wasn't a chance in hell of it passing the PWG.

You cannot call it scaremongering when it turns out to be a fact.

Also, if the premise is that the West Region enters the pyramid intact. What's the reason for the Sectional League Cup being scrapped? You know, who's doing it and why?

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The week before the the West Region meeting I said that the region are probably going to vote for Option Z said even though there wasn't a chance in hell of it passing the PWG.

You cannot call it scaremongering when it turns out to be a fact.

Also, if the premise is that the West Region enters the pyramid intact. What's the reason for the Sectional League Cup being scrapped? You know, who's doing it and why?

It  may not be scrapped. This would need to be decided

Just now, sweep said:

It  may not be scrapped. This would need to be decided

Why does it need to be decided? Entering the pyramid doesn't change local cup competitions. The SoS and EoS kept all of there's when they signed up for the LL pyramid play-off.

Are people talking about it being scrapped now? Because I know with the league restructuring there were those that wanted it scrapped back then. Unless they're talking about scrapping it now, then entering the pyramid changes nothing.

1 hour ago, sweep said:

So in your wealth of knowledge who would get priority at Holm park if Clydebank left the juniors .The sjfa rule  states that the member club Must have priority. Clydebank would no longer be a member club

They could always ask Yoker to evict us, again...

52 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

No doubt the same thing was said about the East Juniors linking up with the 10-team East of Scotland League back in 2017 but here we are :)

Hardly considering it is the same geographical area.

Unless of course you think Cumbernauld is nearby Castle Douglas.