Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 minute ago, Tutankhamen said:

Some seriously out of touch folks on here if they think the West Juniors are linking up with the South of Scotland League 

I think it's no more than a back-up, maybe for the likes of Clydebank if a WoS doesn't happen, but it seems there's every chance it will.

5 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Who gets priority at Holm Park at the moment when both clubs are SJFA members? The same applies to Cumbernauld/Rob Roy, and Benburb/Rossvale. Plus there's also Montrose Roselea.

Normally it's the club higher up the pyramid gets priority - which is which Alloa get priority over BSC Glasgow and Edinburgh City get priority over Spartans (despite it being Spartans ground).

It isn't that hard to organise fixtures to cope with groundsharing now the West has a competent fixtures secretary.

Image result for cheryl cole ok gif"

5 minutes ago, sweep said:

Glad to see that someone thinks straight

To be a joonyur man do u have to ignore the facts and cover ur ears.

Can I point out if everyone joined at tier 6 youd still get your league cup game.vs auchinleck buy what would u do if auchinleck left to join a wosfl. Would lugar fold?

3 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Some seriously out of touch folks on here if they think the West Juniors are linking up with the South of Scotland League 

No doubt the same thing was said about the East Juniors linking up with the 10-team East of Scotland League back in 2017 but here we are :)

50 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I'd look at a map.   The SoS is supposed to cater for Dumfries & Galloway mainly, but have taken in some waifs and strays due to the lack of WoSFL.  They are also an old established league.

Not much difference in Burntisland or Kelty have to go to Coldstream, Peebles, Tweedmouth, Eyemouth.

The EoS was an old established league that accepted in a mass of applicants and changed the league completely.

Everything's set up in terms of the pyramid structure and how it would operate.

Any West club winning the SoS championhip would fancy beating the EoS Premier champion in a two legged playoff. Kelty, Bonnyrigg and Bo'ness could all be in the Lowland League, leaving Linlithgow as the last EoS team to have won the East Region Super League.

If the South & East Cup Winners Shield retains its Scottish Cup place then a West club would surely fancy their chances against a Crossgates/Sauchie who are some of the top EoS clubs that might contest the Alex Jack Cup.

I'm sure the West clubs preference is in creating something new, not reinventing something that already exists but it can't be dismissed.

1 minute ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

To be a joonyur man do u have to ignore the facts and cover ur ears.

Can I point out if everyone joined at tier 6 youd still get your league cup game.vs auchinleck buy what would u do if auchinleck left to join a wosfl. Would lugar fold?

I was using the Talbot game as an example of how it would affect junior teams in East Ayrshire. 

2 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

For me that is utterly shambolic. I mean this is what allows misinformation to get out there. It doesn’t need to be verbatim but it needs to accurately reflect the discussion.

I think it's passed that really. 

Even if the LL, EOSFL and SOSL were being obstructive - and I don't think they are - the SFA will side with the licensed members.

The SJFA will never deliver anything constructive, and its really up to the junior clubs to either sit down and shut up, or move to another league.

Junior Groundhog day.

Hence my reply [emoji6]

Sweep was suggesting a be a member of the SJFA a junior team has to have priority on the park, if Syngenta hire the park from Dunipace who are sole tenants/owners then that's clearly not the case.

It had already been pointed out that 3 Junior clubs share with 3 Senior clubs (Bo'ness, Sauchie and Sygenta). The EoS issue a fixture list and the Junior club works around that.    
[emoji2955] syngenta don't share our park. They let it/hire its use from us [emoji12]

Just now, AlanCamelonfan said:

Yes I know which is why I'm asking because you could potentially lose this game next season or year after where as weat in at tier 6 youd still have the game 

Who told you we would still have the game? Was it the man that told the west juniors that the LL league would back option z . There has been NO decision taken on that

7 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Not much difference in Burntisland or Kelty have to go to Coldstream, Peebles, Tweedmouth, Eyemouth.

The EoS was an old established league that accepted in a mass of applicants and changed the league completely.

Everything's set up in terms of the pyramid structure and how it would operate.

Any West club winning the SoS championhip would fancy beating the EoS Premier champion in a two legged playoff. Kelty, Bonnyrigg and Bo'ness could all be in the Lowland League, leaving Linlithgow as the last EoS team to have won the East Region Super League.

If the South & East Cup Winners Shield retains its Scottish Cup place then a West club would surely fancy their chances against a Crossgates/Sauchie who are some of the top EoS clubs that might contest the Alex Jack Cup.

I'm sure the West clubs preference is in creating something new, not reinventing something that already exists but it can't be dismissed.

Yeah, but these clubs all came from the EoS catchment area, and weren't using it as a passage of convenience until they got themselves sorted.

It's an option of course, but only if a WoS fails.

3 minutes ago, sweep said:

Who told you we would still have the game? Was it the man that told the west juniors that the LL league would back option z . There has been NO decision taken on that

Because everything would remain the same or are you telling us sjfa are wanting lugar to go bust

2 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Because everything would remain the same or are you telling us sjfa are wanting lugar to go bust

Who told you everything would remain the same and when was the meeting held to discuss this?

39 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Who knows if the SoS even want 20 clubs from outwith their traditional catchment area.

If there's 20 clubs, form a WoSFL.

Fair enough. I'd hope for more though. I thought my suggestion allowed an evening out of standards and an opportunity for the more ambitious SoS to move over, rather than have the anomalous division having a promotion place that not many of them might want.