Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

7 minutes ago, Jeek said:

Have to assume Bonnyton will be watching with particular interest.

Was down there recently with our U20's decent wee set-up but not quite there yet with Licencing.  Although, there was a suggestion that they have been looking at sharing Rugby Park  (a bit like Heston Rovers sharing Palmerston).

18 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Watch and see what 'new' strategy TJ comes up with now, to try to frustrate a west pyramid !,    

At this stage I think he has fucked himself for options. Given how awkward he has made it so far, I can't imagine there are many involved in this who would want to entertain him again. Especially not when it looks like some of the clubs he claims to represent are waiting to tap in an open goal and jump ship without him. As far as I can see it is a win win situation for the SFA/LL. A WoS league that is completely free of the SJFA but is open to their clubs and indeed starting with some of their best known is probably the dream scenario for the folk who will be running things.

19 minutes ago, Marten said:

Alternatively, create a tier 6 WoSFL for which SoSFL clubs can also apply and the SoSFL who don't, drop down to tier 7. I can't imagine a massive influx from the SoSFL, maybe Threave, Bonnyton & Braves SoS? That's 3 clubs in the WoSFL to help reach the numbers needed. Add to that possible amateurs or youth clubs (like Colts & BSC) applying (might be their last chance to jump ahead of certain big juniors) and a decent amount of WoSFL clubs can be easily achievable.

There are lots of SFA Platinum Quality Mark community clubs in the west of Scotland. Maybe one or two might be tempted if a new avenue to develop is opened.  Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts are an example in the east.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/football-development/club-services/club-accreditation/roll-of-honour/

Many others at Gold, Silver etc.

11 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Although, there was a suggestion that they have been looking at sharing Rugby Park  (a bit like Heston Rovers sharing Palmerston).

Thought Rugby Park is getting a grass pitch again. Would of thought that would prevent it.

Also, just please no. Palmerston and Broadwood are bad enough without adding another 10,000 empty seats. 

5 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Thought Rugby Park is getting a grass pitch again. Would of thought that would prevent it.

Also, just please no. Palmerston and Broadwood are bad enough without adding another 10,000 empty seats. 

A new 3g was relaid before the start of the season.

I don't mind a game or two at a proper stadium, better than a cage.

On 31/01/2020 at 06:58, Cameron Wilson said:

Finally some real developments. For a long time I've been scratching my head as to why at least one west region teams didn't speak out about the impasse sooner. But well done to Kilwinning and Clydebank for finally standing up. With their latest rejection of common sense proposals, the SJFA have proven themselves to be utterly incompetent and backwards. 

That's one of the things that bemused me. Had they handled this differently, he would have had a job and an honorary position for life. It's been  colossal mismanagement and mistake compounded by more mistakes and lies.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

That's one of the things that bemused me. Had they handled this differently, he would have had a job and an honorary position for life. It's been a colossal management and mistake compounded by more mistakes and lies.

Pretty much.  We could rake over events of 2011-2014 all day long but it all ends in the same thing, the SJFA and many of its clubs, some of whom are now in the Pyramid, f*cked it up due to ego, ego that the Juniors were much better that the sh*t in the LL.  Nobody had any vision.  The SJFA could have run all tiers below tier 5 but thought they were better than that.

However we are where we are and there's never been a better opportunity to implement real change for the good of those clubs who want to progress.

The thing to remember about the South of Scotland League is there is a lot history. It's not held down tradition.

Only 13 are first team clubs. The vast majority having played in the league less than 20 years. Then a club like Threave might be a traditional SoS club but they've left for the EoS and LL in the past.

An eventual merger between a West league, mass West applications, or shuffle down the tiers can certainly be done at some point.

54 minutes ago, Marten said:

If the HFL, NRJFA & NCL agree a pyramid in the north it would really show the incompetence of SJFA / TJ in this. The one region they have "forgotten" about could end up being the only one moving into the pyramid intact...

Yeah Niall from Tain St.Duthus informed us on fitba north about impending talks in the north.

Would be great to finally have a pyramid below the SHFL and if I was the NRJFA I would jump as they aren't even quoted as far as TJ and his cohorts are concerned!!

The NCL are already pyramid friendly especially great run clubs like St.Duthus.

6 minutes ago, Ross. said:

At this stage I think he has fucked himself for options. Given how awkward he has made it so far, I can't imagine there are many involved in this who would want to entertain him again. Especially not when it looks like some of the clubs he claims to represent are waiting to tap in an open goal and jump ship without him. As far as I can see it is a win win situation for the SFA/LL. A WoS league that is completely free of the SJFA but is open to their clubs and indeed starting with some of their best known is probably the dream scenario for the folk who will be running things.

I agree 100% with your views, and a West league free from the SJFA's involvement, is the ideal outcome.

But we aren't there yet.  TJ & co aren't going to surrender, and only 2 junior clubs have come forward so far. This is just the start of a west pyramid process,  and  there is a lot to do if this new senior league can be delivered in time for next season. 

Will there be enough junior clubs who declare they will join a WoSL in time for season ? Someone needs to coordinate its creation, now.  There is a lot to do, and time is short, as it is February tomorrow.

And there will be pressure placed on all the junior clubs by the SJFA, especially around the 'fear factor'.  IMO new SJFA promises will be issued, to cause delay, and confusion.  I  knew (first hand from the club itself), the pressure that the Bankies were put under when they previously applied to join the EoSL.  However, things have moved on considerably since then, and the SoSL (or the EoSL)  is a safety net for clubs, if the WoSL can't be delivered in time for next season, despite the very best intentions of the interested clubs.

Kilwinning & Clydebank need to be congratulated, and publicly supported now by other clubs, who also want to leave the juniors and join the pyramid. 

4 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Yeah Niall from Tain St.Duthus informed us on fitba north about impending talks in the north.

Would be great to finally have a pyramid below the SHFL and if I was the NRJFA I would jump as they aren't even quoted as far as TJ and his cohorts are concerned!!

The NCL are already pyramid friendly especially great run clubs like St.Duthus.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the idea I'm getting is that the NRJFA clubs generally don't come even close to feeling attached to the "junior" label as some in other parts of the country, they just want to play their football. So for them it wouldn't be that shocking if they go it alone.

4 minutes ago, Robert James said:

I agree 100% with your views, and a West league free from the SJFA's involvement, is the ideal outcome.

But we aren't there yet.  TJ & co aren't going to surrender, and only 2 junior clubs have come forward so far. This is just the start of a west pyramid process,  and  there is a lot to do if this new senior league can be delivered in time for next season. 

Will there be enough junior clubs who declare they will join a WoSL in time for season ? Someone needs to coordinate its creation, now.  There is a lot to do, and time is short, as it is February tomorrow.

And there will be pressure placed on all the junior clubs by the SJFA, especially around the 'fear factor'.  IMO new SJFA promises will be issued, to cause delay, and confusion.  I  knew (first hand from the club itself), the pressure that the Bankies were put under when they previously applied to join the EoSL.  However, things have moved on considerably since then, and the SoSL (or the EoSL)  is a safety net for clubs, if the WoSL can't be delivered in time for next season, despite the very best intentions of the interested clubs.

Kilwinning & Clydebank need to be congratulated, and publicly supported now by other clubs, who also want to leave the juniors and join the pyramid.

I agree with what you are saying, but I don't see that TJ/SJFA have a great deal of leverage left now. Any club who has genuine ambitions of joining the pyramid will no longer believe he can deliver that. The only thing left is for him to threaten expulsion to clubs who apply to leave. That would alienate others in the process.

I genuinely believe now that option Z was floated and put across to the juniors as a likely outcome, knowing it would be rejected elsewhere and this would allow the people dealing with it to shut out the SJFA. TJ has been outflanked by them because he was too busy trying to outflank many of his own to realise what was happening.

1 minute ago, The Mantis said:

Is that breakaway forum still running? Forgot to bookmark it. Can't find it.

From what I understand it is, but has a similar post rate to the last time I looked at the old Scottish Juniors Yahoo group where one guy was still doggedly posting his team's match reports to an audience of nobody.

Turns out there's not much to talk about when you've got to toe the owner's party line...who saw that coming?

A lot of folk signed up initially, but it would seem mostly for shits'n'giggles...given the owner's Twitterplosion last night you can hardly blame them.

2 minutes ago, Ross. said:

I agree with what you are saying, but I don't see that TJ/SJFA have a great deal of leverage left now. Any club who has genuine ambitions of joining the pyramid will no longer believe he can deliver that. The only thing left is for him to threaten expulsion to clubs who apply to leave. That would alienate others in the process.

I genuinely believe now that option Z was floated and put across to the juniors as a likely outcome, knowing it would be rejected elsewhere and this would allow the people dealing with it to shut out the SJFA. TJ has been outflanked by them because he was too busy trying to outflank many of his own to realise what was happening.

Interesting. I hope you are right.

There hasn’t been any information from the SJFA. After it was mentioned on here the Buffs Secretary called Tom Johnstone to confirm the P&B details which he did.
I'd say I'm suprised at TJ not informing his members but honestly I'm not.