Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

25 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

LongTimeLurker is going to tell us that this is good for the SJFA, actually, and the SFA's actions are consistent with the West Juniors in at tier 2.

The SJFA have played a blinder here by getting the Buffs and Clydebank to draw public attention to the intransgience of the Lowland League and EoS - there can be no doubt now that the weight of public interest will help the SFA force through their desired plan for the SJFA to enter intact at Tier 3 in parallel to League 1.

Just now, GNU_Linux said:
2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:
yessss. They've gone public!
image.png.96360ded28209f7a0d7193be11f4da55.png
image.png.d76d8b7d9475abafa83ab9498ee0e4ba.png

Imagine the cranial collapse when whatever club they support declare they want to go offski as well

They've gone private again, so i'm guessing he's monitoring this thread more closely than the people he considers saddos talking about the same things.

I hear the ScottishJuniorFitba twitter is going a bit radge 🤣

Locked his account, whats the point raging about something when no one can see the meltdown [emoji23]

You can imagine TJ getting asked by the press for some quotes and i'm sure all the blame will put on everyone else.

“It’s all the fault of the EoSFL and the LL. We wanted to move into the house upstairs from the EoSFL and next door to the LL but when they didn’t accept that we wanted to redecorate their living rooms, rip out and replace their kitchens and bathrooms and put new carpets down throughout both their houses we knew they were going to be awkward”.

It's maybe getting a bit late for anymore. It will interesting to see how things go tomorrow and what the SJFA response will be publicly.
You can imagine TJ getting asked by the press for some quotes and i'm sure all the blame will put on everyone else.

Perhaps he’ll find inspiration from some of Lurkers posts on this thread, there’s any number inferring that it’s all the fault of the EOSFL or the LL.

Just now, Marshmallo said:

Get that statement written baby!

Not down to me unfortunately, but personally I think any club that hangs around out of misguided loyalty after being consistently misinformed for years now is scoring a huge OG...it won't just be the West Premier teams that will have a decision to make IMO.

As a fan of an English non-league club, I've been lurking on this site since I heard, through a very obscure series of events which I won't bore anyone with, about Kelty switching grades (including me  finally understanding what 'Junior' actually meant).

I have to say that's it's been an interesting watch (most of the time), but I have finally decided to post in order to congratulate Clydebank and Killwinning Rangers on having the brass neck and/or balls of steel to stick their heads above the parapet, and front out the SJFA.

Best of luck to them both and those who follow in their wake.  Extra kudos for Clydebank who have experienced unpleasant threats of reprisals before.

39 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

image.png.d76d8b7d9475abafa83ab9498ee0e4ba.png

In response to that tweet about clubs, Cumnock replied saying the twat was wrong. Though technically the tweet says "looking to get rid of the juniors" - not sure any club wants to do that. But things may have moved on since yesterday afternoon...

3 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

In response to that tweet about clubs, Cumnock replied saying the twat was wrong. Though technically the tweet says "looking to get rid of the juniors" - not sure any club wants to do that. But things may have moved on since yesterday afternoon...

Yeah, I clocked that.

As for not wanting to get rid of the Juniors. I'm afraid that's just going to happen by default at this point. I don't see the SJFA being able to get back in on this, and it's going to have to be a breakaway of some kind. I'm not sure how you can back peddle this because of all the issues relating to getting the juniors as a whole into the pyramid.

While everyone's talking about who's next in the West, what happens in the East is just as important. If the West clubs are moving, there's not much point in some East clubs staying. They at least know where they're going if they're South of the boundary.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

LongTimeLurker is going to tell us that this is good for the SJFA, actually, and the SFA's actions are consistent with the West Juniors in at tier 2.

Have you read the SPFL rules and regulations? There is nothing to suggest THE SJFA can’t enter in tier 2, and indeed if you look at reserve league cup regulations section 2b you can see the spfl board have final say on matters, who’s going to stop it?

those statements are absolutely huge, I know we were talking of someone needing to stand up but I didn’t expect such strong public statements so soon. I talked of energy earlier and it’s clear these clubs have it in abundance. It puts west teams in the pyramid for next season a near certainty.