Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

14 minutes ago, Sunrise said:

I’m personally baffled the clubs didn’t realise the West Region’s assurances the other bodies were happy for two Lowland Leagues was disingenuous.

Yes, the principle of "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me" should have applied here.

I’m personally baffled the clubs didn’t realise the West Region’s assurances the other bodies were happy for two Lowland Leagues was disingenuous.

(Yes, I’m aware I stood up at the meeting stating we supported option W instead. Perhaps I was naive to not forcefully question them, too.)

10 minutes ago, Shannon said:
31 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:
Irvine Meadow has just retweeted it as well.

That's just myself as a supporter retweeting big news from a rival team. It is not the feelings of the Meadow committee. I don't know their stance to be honest at the moment.

Does say official twitter account though 🙈

3 minutes ago, Sunrise said:

(Yes, I’m aware I stood up at the meeting stating we supported option W instead. Perhaps I was naive to not forcefully question them, too.)

I guess some people just want to believe. And when you've got the President of the Region up there representing the most publicly pro-pyramid club, it's kind of hard to call them out.

Just now, Marshmallo said:

LongTimeLurker is going to tell us that this is good for the SJFA, actually, and the SFA's actions are consistent with the West Juniors in at tier 2.

It is good for the SJFA. More clubs leave, the bigger the severance pay TJ can give himself from whatever's left of the slush fund. One helluva retirement party!

Does say official twitter account though [emoji85]

Shouldn't I retweet big breaking news from the Juniors from our rivals that will interest our supporters and followers?

Will I just bury my head in the sand and pretend it isn't happening [emoji23]

3 minutes ago, never been to scotland said:

Who else is likely to be announcing soon? Cumnock?

It's maybe getting a bit late for anymore. It will interesting to see how things go tomorrow and what the SJFA response will be publicly.

You can imagine TJ getting asked by the press for some quotes and i'm sure all the blame will put on everyone else.

Why would TJ negotiate anything that potentially loses him his cushy wee salaried number with the SJFA, an office at Hampden and all the perks that go with that?