Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

5 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Sounds pretty appealing!!

Part of me prefers applying to the SoSFL en masse. There's a framework to work with in terms of cups and position in the LL pyramid play-off rules. Can easily change to automatic promotion for SoSFL and EoSFL champions. Have conferences in 2020-21. Hopefully have enough teams for a 16 team Premier with North and South Divisions underneath in 2021-22. Even if the North Division is filled  almost entirely by new clubs applying and the South Division being the current SoSFL clubs.

But i'm sure momentum is going to be behind creating a new league.

25 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

12 clubs = 22 league season

1. SFA South Region Challenge Cup: 82(? depends who else moves but 70 this year plus 12 as a minimum) teams from the LL, WoSFL, EoSFL, SoSFL and Glasgow University.
  2. West of Scotland League Cup: 12 WoSFL teams

Then either of these potentially

• Alba Cup: Any WoSFL club not playing in the 2020-21 Scottish Cup and the likely to be 9 SoSFL clubs that don't play in the Scottish Cup.
  • Scottish Cup: West Premiership winner, Junior Cup winner and Girvan if any of them had moved to the WoSFL.

There's talk about doing away with qualifiers and only having licenced teams in the Scottish Cup. So a WoSFL might not want to enter the Alba Cup. That right now has the winner play-off against the Alex Jack Cup winner for a place in the Scottish Cup. If it still has a qualifying place it might be attractive to the WoSFL and be attractive to the SoSFL members who might get more of a payday against west sides than the one Shield final.

Pretty much sums up what would be available to a WoSFL in July should it get of the ground, although I rather suspect they would end up with  more than 12.

Add in access to SFA club licencing, access to the Lowland U20 Devlopment League,  no such thing as re-instatement, no restriction on size of squads, no restrictions on when you play a friendly, no permits required, SFA do discipline and remember, no lights required at this level.

8 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Here we go, Kilwinning Rangers

image.thumb.png.dda9f7420684b90009cd491d2ef7466b.png

I thought Kilwinning would be one of the clubs to act on this considering how the handled the East changes in 2018.

So there's two. As everyone knows how Clydebank feel on this matter.

EDIT: Also wonder what line the SJFA have given clubs considering it says the were informed.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

Irvine Meadow has just retweeted it as well.
That's just myself as a supporter retweeting big news from a rival team. It is not the feelings of the Meadow committee. I don't know their stance to be honest at the moment.