Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

3 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

The LL has support from EoS and SoS to form a WoS, the LL runs it for 2 seasons and then hands it over to WoS club officials  (or maybe sooner, who knows). EoS could assist with rules and regs as they can simply mirror them, they have offered before.

Good with me.

Cap it at 16 so the SFA or SJFA don't complain over the cost of running the discliplinary.

Everyone then knows it's a single division and applicants don't get scared over the uncertainty.

Confirm WoS Champion qualifies for the 2021-22 Scottish Cup

Define how the LL pyramid playoff will work.

WoS League Cup as an end of season cup

South Region Challenge Cup ( clubs from LL, EoS, SoS, WoS and Glasgow University all enter)

Alba Cup (clubs from WoS and SoS that do not participate in the 2020-21 Scottish Cup).  winner contests the South & East of Scotland Cup-Winners Shield for Scottish Cup 2021-22 entry.

Use the EoS application form and process. Have the EoS and SoS set the same deadline of March 31st or April so that there isn't a mad scramble for any rejected applicants.

Promotion to the Lowland League. Two routes to qualifying for the Scottish Cup. A league campaign and 3 cups to compete in. Should be good enough, clear enough to attract enough applicants that the doubters can throw a wrench in.

Something to bear in mind was that people were trying to peddle the scare story that the EoS couldn't possibly accomodate more than 32 clubs when the mass defection of ERSJFA clubs happened only for a three conference format to be brought in. If they invite applications, think the only issue would be that there would need to be a minimum number to make it viable. Once that's reached a way can be found to make any number of clubs work one way or another.

3 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

If there is enough interest they would make a call on what would be best, either two leagues, maybe conferences like the east. Who knows, until they have club numbers we won't know, I'd suspect though they would have demand for a straight league format, which is a reasonable request to be fair.

For me you go for the one league in the first season. Show that it is definitively happening with the barest minimum and that there's a clear plan in place. 10 teams play each other x3 for a 27 game season. Hell 8 teams 4x a season. Don't leave any room for doubt and delay.

The closed off nature should scare the likes of Auchinleck and Pollok that they have to enter or be left behind. If more than 16 end up applying there's a discussion to be had. I'm just not sure there will be much demand from West League One and League Two level to reach a tipping point. Look at how many have stayed in the East for the last 2 years.

To me this is the start of the end of junior football as we know it. Clubs will go to the wall. Some will say if they cant stand the heat then leave.. . I remember Talbot on the brink, I remember Hurlford on the brink. It was the local competition and enthusiasm that revived these teams.  Common sense and history dictates that it is impossible for all clubs to be successful .Stop this shameful manipulation of the junior product that is unique in football

17 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

I'd agree but if there multiple interest, say 32 clubs, from mtiole West leagues who goes into the top league and the bottom one?

That's why I prefer the idea of capping it at 16. I just don't see it getting close to a number big enough to throw uncertainty in the mix of what the league would look like.

There's a lot of clubs that don't see the pyramid or licencing as applying to them. Lets face it. Floodlights, toilets and cover are going to get brought up in this. Even though licencing isn't required. That's going to put clubs off with small committees and no money. You've also got a couple of groundsharing situations that might see clubs feel prevented from applying. If Cumbernauld United don't apply, do Kirkintilloch Rob Roy feel that they can? Rossvale and Benburb? That's 3 current Premiership and a promotion chasing Championship club. Those you would want in a WoSFL.

Mate, get a grip. They are football clubs who play against other football clubs.

That will continue.

There is nothing intrinsically valuable about the "grade" and the committees and support they have had will not disappear, why would they?

I presume you are hating Talbot sweeping up everything, yeah? Because after all, not every club can be successful.

To me this is the start of the end of junior football as we know it. Clubs will go to the wall. Some will say if they cant stand the heat then leave.. . I remember Talbot on the brink, I remember Hurlford on the brink. It was the local competition and enthusiasm that revived these teams.  Common sense and history dictates that it is impossible for all clubs to be successful .Stop this shameful manipulation of the junior product that is unique in football

Surely you are kidding?

How is junior football unique compared to say the East Of Scotland or South Of Scotland? At the end of the day it's all non-league football played at a regional level for an affordable price of admission that survives & thrives off of the back of hard working volunteers. Senior & junior non-league have much more in common than they do differences.

19 minutes ago, sweep said:

And it's that dinosaur attitude that will drag every other club down with you !

10 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

And it's that dinosaur attitude that will drag every other club down with you !

This pyramid will never come to fruition in the foremat proposed. Junior football is unique in its presence. This is not a dinosaur attitude this is a realistic view. Time will reveal

On the latest Voice of the Juniors podcast they got talking about the 2pm kick off times. The two hosts and the guest came out in preference for staying at 2pm.

One of the hosts mentioned how when he was at Wishaw there was a guy that would to Wishaw for the 1st half and then leave to go see Motherwell. So keeping the 2pm kick offs means keeping his £6 and possible pie n bovril type purchases. Which is fine I guess as there's probably others like that, but its not like that would of been an extra £10 every week though would it. Is every Wishaw home game the same time and day as every Motherwell home game? No.

But that's the fine margins some people focus on.

So unique that you yourself admit that your own club rely on the visits of Auchinleck, Glenafton and Cumnock at the start of each season to survive.

You work it out.

This pyramid will never come to fruition in the foremat proposed. Junior football is unique in its presence. This is not a dinosaur attitude this is a realistic view. Time will reveal
What is unique about junior football that makes it any different to eos or LL or HL or spfl football?

What do you mean the pyramid will never come to fruition in the proposed format? By this do you mean the sjfa and some junior fans won't get what they want?

7 minutes ago, sweep said:

If I remember correctly it was you and a few others that were shouting about when the adl disappeared it was all doom and gloom and Lugar would fold but they are still here and as long as they are people out there willing to put there time and effort in to keep the club going I'm sure Lugar will be there for a long time coming .

45 minutes ago, sweep said:

Stop talking pish. Camelon vs linlithgow rose is the same game it was. Had anhigher attendance as a senior game why because the fixture is known when it's about. Our travel is 14 miles less per game. Our average attendance has.jumped from 100-175 alright most of that had came from youth teams and encouraged the kids and their parents to come along. In 2016 we were 2 weeks from going to the wall as a junior club until more or less a new committee started coming in. If wrsjfa.came in as is nothing would change now your likely to end up with teams like yours struggling why because of tj and the grade

56 minutes ago, sweep said:

The beginning of the end was two years ago when clubs moved in the east - but just look at the benefits leaving junior football has brought them, whilst still basically playing the same clubs.

No clubs have gone to the wall in the east.

Nobody is saying clubs have to leave, instead clubs are being presented with an option to join the pyramid because the SJFA can't negotiate one themselves.

Impossible for all clubs to be successful, but the Junior setup prevents successful clubs from going further.

Please explain how the junior product is unique (without mentioning admission prices, because other leagues are the same).

Edited by Ginaro

1 hour ago, sweep said:

This is absolutely fantastic 🤣🤣🤣

On 23/01/2020 at 14:52, Tutankhamen said:

So far only one team (Dunipace) has broke ranks and bolted out the West Juniors to the East of Scotland league.

The reaction from the rest of the West Region was on par with a 103 year old great aunt dying in a care home that nobody had visited for 30 years.

Most never even noticed they'd gone.

The old aunt is in a better place now that's for sure

2 hours ago, sweep said:

Your club can remain Junior, those with ambition can move Senior.  Give clubs the choice.