Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 hour ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

Keep hearing about this potential WoS league on here, whilst I like the idea it's only on here that it's mentioned.

Who would run it? Have any clubs actually stated they would join it?

Everything around here is going to be rumours, gossip and speculation for the next week.

The next PWG meeting is on the 29th. Check back on the 30th for relatively new guesswork.

I wonder how much the West Region management's decision to recommend Option Z to their clubs was influenced by the now departed General Secretary.

Option W was the obvious recommendation if the West Region management were solely looking at the interests of the west clubs instead of considering all of the junior teams in Scotland as a whole. It does seem to me that option Z was chosen so the juniors would stick together and not go into the pyramid piece by piece. I just wonder whether the management's position was influenced by one person in particular, or whether it was a unanimously agreed decision. I guess we'll probably never know.

With the demographic of the West Region management now changing, would their approach be any different ? Mibbes aye, mibbes naw. I'm speculating.

10 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I wonder how much the West Region management's decision to recommend Option Z to their clubs was influenced by the now departed General Secretary.

Option W was the obvious recommendation if the West Region management were solely looking at the interests of the west clubs instead of considering all of the junior teams in Scotland as a whole. It does seem to me that option Z was chosen so the juniors would stick together and not go into the pyramid piece by piece. I just wonder whether the management's position was influenced by one person in particular, or whether it was a unanimously agreed decision. I guess we'll probably never know.

With the demographic of the West Region management now changing, would their approach be any different ? Mibbes aye, mibbes naw. I'm speculating.

I believe the same as you do on this matter Glens.  I suppose it doesn't matter if its one mans influence or the whole junior management but what has been happening over the past couple of years and recently most people just don't  trust them anymore and think they are only looking after their own self preservation of power and not the good of junior clubs and or Scottish Football.  Why isn't there a statement from SJFA stating why this is the decision, why haven't the West Region Association or the East Region Association/ North region etc...  came out with a statement stating the reason behind this choice, (or have they already done so ?)

Did anyone really expect an institution thats been around for 100 odd years to just go away without a fight.

The clubs will toe the SJFA line whether they believe what they are being told or not (and most of them probably don't)until such times as the SFA/PWG tell them different then things will start to happen.

34 minutes ago, santheman said:

Did anyone really expect an institution thats been around for 100 odd years to just go away without a fight.

The clubs will toe the SJFA line whether they believe what they are being told or not (and most of them probably don't)until such times as the SFA/PWG tell them different then things will start to happen.

So far only one team (Dunipace) has broke ranks and bolted out the West Juniors to the East of Scotland league.

The reaction from the rest of the West Region was on par with a 103 year old great aunt dying in a care home that nobody had visited for 30 years.

Most never even noticed they'd gone.

So far only one team (Dunipace) has broke ranks and bolted out the West Juniors to the East of Scotland league.

The reaction from the rest of the West Region was on par with a 103 year old great aunt dying in a care home that nobody had visited for 30 years.

Most never even noticed they'd gone.

Perhaps a better simile would be "like a 103 year old great aunt dying in a care home who now has a new lease of life and is looking alive again in their new surroundings".

I suspect that at least a few people have noticed . [emoji6]

12 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Perhaps a better simile would be "like a 103 year old great aunt dying in a care home who now has a new lease of life and is looking alive again in their new surroundings".

I suspect that at least a few people have noticed . emoji6.png

Hes not going to accept that because him and his son cant accept the change

24 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

I for one have noticed.

Top notch facilities, a cracking website and a thriving community club.

An example to all of what can be done if we're given the chance.

39 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

I've met a few regulars at Junior games that didn't know Dunipace had left the Juniors. One guy thought they'd joined the East Juniors!!!

14 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

I've met a few regulars at Junior games that didn't know Dunipace had left the Juniors. One guy thought they'd joined the East Juniors!!!

to be honest, it doesn't matter if no one in the west noticed, as they are obviously only interested in their own team and don't look at how Dunipace is doing.  been up there 7 times this season, due to the youth team, they have an excellent  U19s team, and a superb development U20s team. Spoke to a couple of committee members who are over the moon how its worked out and every fan from Dunipace from what I've heard are really happy Dunipace moved and the community looks closer than I ever remembered it in regards to the team.

Will this happen to every team who jumps senior, not sure but Dunipace are definitely in a better position and growing, the youth section has never looked so vibrant.

I will say, regarding location, the committee and fans say that with their location the travelling and distances are not that different to what they are used to in the West, so it wouldn't have mattered in that respect if they were in the West region but by all accounts they are all happy that they made the move.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Hypothetical question. What would the reaction of other clubs be were the likes of Pollok or Talbot to stick their necks above the parapet and say "We're having some of that" Would it be a game changer?

1 minute ago, TFW said:

Hypothetical question. What would the reaction of other clubs be were the likes of Pollok or Talbot to stick their necks above the parapet and say "We're having some of that" Would it be a game changer?

If Talbot had moved to the South of Scotland when they looking at getting licenced, the leagues would look like they do right now.

Shit, maybe we got it wrong if your imaginary census returned those results! [emoji1787]

39 minutes ago, TFW said:

They're waiting on several clubs big guns going for it and it will turn into a stampede. Unlike the East there isn't a Tay Bridge scenario. So you haven't got the Tayside clubs locked in. Pollok bolt and the rest of Glasgow would follow same as if Talbot said we're for the off the Ayrshire teams would follow.