Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

10 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

No but if we build more indoor astros, increase the number of qualified coaches and focus on kids development we might. 

Spend the money on these things instead of forcing dugshit national league football.

See Iceland.

The government has no interest in doing this - their cash would be required.

9 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

Ok, because there is a better way to do it: form a league between Aberdeen and Dundee areas now, affiliate to the pyramid (Like EoS is) so that clubs can get licensed, but with a view to ultimately growing it in parallel with the HFL, not necessarily as a feeder. 

Same as what is being proposed (as a potential long-term solution) for LLW and LLE.

Problem solved, travel nightmare averted.

Or you let promotion & relegation play out and for the most part a lot of isolated geographic outliers will likely fall down the pyramid.

Fort William won't be long for the Highland League. Strathspey Thistle couldn't compete in the North Region and I believe never played Super League level. There's another that will fall rather than climb.

No different than how Threave and Hawick have been relegated.

A trip to Wick in the Highland League is not guaranteed to happen.

14 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

How much money could we repurpose into these areas by reducing the number of teams playing nationally?

Somebody said £600k of cash private money was distributed to 10 SFL 2 clubs last season. 

That's a full size 3G.

Put one on each pitch every year and in a decade you have 10 more 3Gs.

So you get1000s more hours of football playing time all year round which is needed for kids to develop.

Edited by Che Dail

33 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Ive asked if Clydebank have a plan B, it’d seem that there isnt one besides whatever the sjfa agree. I wouldnt expect any proactivity from us in helping to set anything up or otherwise. Given what happened last time im not surprised or shocked by this. I can’t see any west clubs sticking their heads above to say they’ll join a west league any time soon. Seems pig headedness and threats to not leave the flock (from the sjfa) will prevent progress.

Bankies seem to suffering from a bit of the Stockholm Syndrome! You even have a guy who attended EoS meetings last year and criticising the SJFA at such meetings due to their threats, now sitting at the top table of the WRJFA!

Listen, this new league can be set-up for next season, there's no major blockers to that happening and obviously has the full backing of the LL  (and probably EoS and SoS).  TJ can't stop clubs speaking to the LL to obtain more information.   ERJFA clubs spoke to and attended EoS meetings last season to gather more information before deciding to move.  The SJFA can't prevent clubs from talking to people!

As far as Licencing timescales are concerend, if this league get's off the ground then you're immediately eligible to begin the Licence process, and for some clubs a target date of February 2021 for an audit and June 2021 for confirmation of Licence at SFA AGM is achievable.  Scottish Cup entry for 2021-22.  We're lead to believe Petershill and Cumnock are just waiting to push the button. Others it may take another season or two. Either way, you're in the process if you want to be in 6 months time.

Edited by Burnie_man

10 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

One 3G pitch a year with no associated coaching changes. That will make zero difference.

What, do you want a 32 page detailed report with financial analysis?

I gave you a simple response to a simple question to illustrate the point in principle: money is being burned needlessly.

Edited by Che Dail

Bankies seem to suffering from a bit of the Stockholm Syndrome! You even have a guy who attended EoS meetings last year and criticising the SJFA at such meetings due to their threats, now sitting at the top table of the WRJFA!

- its not stockholm syndrome, its understandable why we are taking the view we are, the damage people tried to do as a result of 2 years ago would have put us out of business, also there has been no official approach from anyone, but we can’t be the ones to set anything up. Also im not entirely convinced that part about a bankies board member on the wrsjfa committee criticising the sjfa at an eosl meeting is correct, Matt Bamford has served Clydebank (and I hope he continues to) very well and ive never heard a negative word from him about any rival organisation nor his own. I’ve said many negative things about the sjfa in his presence and the guy is a maintains a professional measured stance. Im pretty certain he hasnt been to any such meetings, but stand willing to correct that if proven wrong.

Listen, this new league can be set-up for next season, there's no major blockers to that happening and obviously has the full backing of the LL  (and probably EoS and SoS).  TJ can't stop clubs speaking to the LL to obtain more information.   ERJFA clubs spoke to and attended EoS meetings last season to gather more information before deciding to move.  The SJFA can't prevent clubs from talking to people!
As far as Licencing timescales, if this league get's off the ground then you're immediately eligible to begin the Licence process, and for some clubs a target date of February 2021 for an audit and June 2021 for confirmation of Licence at SFA AGM is achievable.  Scottish Cup entry for 2021-22.  We're lead to believe Petershill and Cumnock are just waiting to push the button. Others it may take another season or two. Either way, you're in the process if you want to be in 6 months time.

- i dont think Petershill or Cumnock would appreciate you posting that on here if you’re implying they’d leave for a WOSL. I just cant see the wosl happening for next year, I’d like it, but its just not going to happen tbh.

4 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

...Listen, this new league can be set-up for next season, there's no major blockers to that happening and obviously has the full backing of the LL  (and probably EoS and SoS)...

The one issue that could block it depending on how it is configured is that the SFA would have to sanction any new standalone league and have to sign off on changes to the LL playoff format. If it's created as part of an LL2 with the EoS premier as an east division alongside the "WoSFL" as the west division that shouldn't be a problem though.

Petershill/Cumock - I didn't imply anything, I merely suggested they are ready to push the button on Licencing when they are in a position to do so.  It's been talked about on here for a year or more.

Matt Bamford  (or to be fair, a Clydebank board member if I have the ID wrong) - attended several EoS meetings, and spoke about what the SJFA were threatening them with as a reason they were looking to move at that time.

The very person who threatened the existence of your club has you by the short and curlies it seems.

Do you seriously believe if the LL got the go ahead to set-up a WoSFL, they wouldn't get 12 clubs?

Edited by Burnie_man

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The one issue that could block it depending on how it is configured is that the SFA would have to sanction any new standalone league and have to sign off on changes to the LL playoff format. If it's created as part of an LL2 with the EoS premier as an east division alongside the "WoSFL" as the west division that shouldn't be a problem though.

Correct, it needs SFA approval, just like any other change to the LL play-off procedure.

3 hours ago, Ross. said:

Wasn't at the meeting and haven't really looked in great detail at what was discussed, beyond the fact that we need to continue working on Holm Park before we are in a position to do anything that involves rejoining the senior game.

I'm not entirely sure how this will play out, other than being certain the final destination is somewhere within the pyramid system. Right now I just want us to make sure we have the facilities available and ready so that we can jump in with both feet at the first real opportunity for us to do so. Everything else right now is just noise.

Very interesting, and much appreciated.  Thank you.

RJ

27 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

What, do you want a 32 page detailed report with financial analysis?

I gave you a simple response to a simple question to illustrate the point in principle: money is being burned needlessly.

If you are proposing wholesale changes to the structure of our national sport then that would probably be a good idea yeah.

4 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Don't rule out the possibility of an independent West of Scotland Football League at tier 6 for next season.

If my recollection is correct, David Baxter (LL & EoSL Secretary) offered to organise a 'West League' and coordinate it for one season only, by which time its member clubs could run it themselves. This feels like it was a long time ago, so I'm not sure if this is correct ?

Somebody said £600k of cash private money was distributed to 10 SFL 2 clubs last season. 
That's a full size 3G.
Put one on each pitch every year and in a decade you have 10 more 3Gs.
So you get1000s more hours of football playing time all year round which is needed for kids to develop.
The Scotland captain was a product of that "wasted" League 2 money - who's to say that if Queen's Park weren't playing in a national league with so much exposure, he would have been picked up by Dundee United so quickly?

1 hour ago, Che Dail said:

No but if we build more indoor astros, increase the number of qualified coaches and focus on kids development we might. 

Spend the money on these things instead of forcing dugshit national league football.

See Iceland.

I think you're exaggerating the money being spent on travel. Take Albion Rovers for example. If the 4th tier got regionalised the only really far journey they'd lose is Elgin, Cove already isn't that far and could end up being replaced by a club like Berwick who aren't much closer. These 2 away games against Elgin each season really won't make that much of a difference. And if you take Elgin themselves, yes, they'd lose a long trip to Annan, but they'd probably gain one to Wick and will end up in a much less attractive league.

Some people are trying to run before we can properly walk. Let's first finally get tier 6 and below sorted so the existing tier 5 leagues can become stronger. Any other ideas that are being floated around like automatic SPFL relegation, regionalisation at tier 4, splitting the LL and so on will only ever have a chance of happening  when tier 6 and below are properly in place on a nationwide level so the better clubs will find their way up and tier 5 gets strengthened. For example, regionalising tier 4 is something that has absolutely no chance of happening at present. If tier 5 gets much stronger (like with the strong west teams getting there), clubs in SPFL2 might start feeling threatened and might push for tier 4 to be expanded. Time will tell what will happen, but tier 6 needs to be the focus now, anything else will only be a long term thing.

Edited by Marten

The setting up of a new league doesn’t threaten the juniors (just now) was the opinion of many clubs when the LL was set up and will be the same just now for a new WoSL.

I don’t understand the vailed threats to junior clubs on here from certain posters and then having a go at West clubs (like Clydebank) for not agreeing to what the EoS/LL want. It’s up to each club to decide what to do and nobody (including me) can tell them what to do.

1 hour ago, Che Dail said:

See Iceland.

It's not the primary role of the clubs to produce players for the national team.