Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 minute ago, Ross. said:

From our point of view, until we have the facilities available, it is just noise. I hope you are correct, and suspect you probably are, but if we can't meet the basic requirements then it's no good to us.

Holm Park more than meets the requirements of tier 6, where a Licence is not required. 

3 minutes ago, Ross. said:

From our point of view, until we have the facilities available, it is just noise. I hope you are correct, and suspect you probably are, but if we can't meet the basic requirements then it's no good to us.

Clydebank already has the requirements to join the pyramid. You'd walk into the SOS or EoS that actually exist and any yet to be WoS.

If you're just delaying because you wouldn't get licensed straight away. Right now you wouldn't get licensed until June 2021. Further delays it's June 2022.

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

Holm Park more than meets the requirements of tier 6, where a Licence is not required. 

We'd need to hope that those requirements remain the same should they decide to start a West League at that level. Long term we have plenty to work on, both on and off the park.

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

Clydebank already has the requirements to join the pyramid. You'd walk into the SOS or EoS that actually exist and any yet to be WoS.

If you're just delaying because you wouldn't get licensed straight away. Right now you wouldn't get licensed until June 2021. Further delays it's June 2022.

For me, EOS and SOS do not make sense to us. I also don't think we are delaying anything. We are working at things for the long term, not just to meet immediate requirements. I'm hoping that the footballing authorities also take the long term view and a WOS League that feeds in is ready sooner rather than later.

For me, EOS and SOS do not make sense to us. I also don't think we are delaying anything. We are working at things for the long term, not just to meet immediate requirements. I'm hoping that the footballing authorities also take the long term view and a WOS League that feeds in is ready sooner rather than later.

The EoSFL probably is a vessel that has sailed as far as Clydebank is concerned, Tier 7 or even Tier 8 entry as it would have to be next season isn’t what the Club will or should have in mind. The SoSFL is likely to give Tier 6 access straight away but might not be the ideal place for the Club to compete if at a later date a WoSFL became a reality.

Much better, really, for Clydebank and clubs similarly minded to be in the Pyramid to be in a vanguard of clubs looking to set up a WoSFL, either by dint of their own efforts or in conjunction with any help that may be offered by the LL and/or EoSFL. As has been said, the set-up of the LL itself and the huge transition of ERSJFA clubs to the EoSFL at the outset of last season were each done in a quicker timescale than that which is available to west clubs now.

30 minutes ago, Ross. said:

I'm not saying join the EoS or SoS just that leagues within the pyramid Clydebank would be able to enter as they have no ground concerns on that from. So they would walk into a WoS as well.

Sitting outside the pyramid planning to be ready for licensing is a potentially risky. Take the cautionary tale of Dalkeith Thistle. First club to announce their EOS application in January 2018. Everyone considered them a cert for a license even with the introduction of floodlights as they already had them.

Got rejected due to other factors. Now looking like June 2020 before they're licensed. Two and a half years after announcing their plan to go senior.

40 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

If your info is accurate that will make for an interesting meeting at the end of the month, because Option Z is only likely to be viable if the LL splits or is split. Hopefully we'll get to see the minutes again.

My information is that the LL would run the WoSFL for an initial period to get it off the ground.  I assume that there would be no objections from EoS and SoS to this.

The SJFA/WRJFA/ERJFA backing of option Z is dead in the water as the LL are not interested in splitting, and given the SJFA have so far refused to back the other option of WRJFA coming in on their own next season (and the WRJFA themselves haven't either), the door is wide open for a new WoSFL and the SJFA/WRJFA wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Then the question arises on the HL/LL boundary.  I don't have any info on that, but if the LL are not bothered either way about it (maybe they are, I don't know), then maybe it opens the door to a bit of horse trading over it which could see the door open to Tayside clubs in the LL and therefore EoS  (this is my own personal thoughts of what could transpire).  I doubt the HL would be bothered too much.  I'm not a fan of moving the boundary, and I have no idea what the EoS think of it,  but a bit of give and take to get a settlement might happen.

"Let the LL set-up and run a new WoSFL, and we'll be relaxed over boundary"  could be the way the conversation goes  (my thoughts) NRJFA hook up with HL (probably with little movement between the two after BoD are HL, but opportunity is there none the less).  Job largely done.

SJFA continue with NRJFA and what remains of WRJFA and ERJFA.

Anyway, will be an interesting couple of weeks.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I'm not saying join the EoS or SoS just that leagues within the pyramid Clydebank would be able to enter as they have no ground concerns on that from. So they would walk into a WoS as well.

Sitting outside the pyramid planning to be ready for licensing is a potentially risky. Take the cautionary tale of Dalkeith Thistle. First club to announce their EOS application in January 2018. Everyone considered them a cert for a license even with the introduction of floodlights as they already had them.

Got rejected due to other factors. Now looking like June 2020 before they're licensed. Two and a half years after announcing their plan to go senior.

I'll be honest, I got a little confused with the licensing requirements for Tier 6 versus what we want to put in place in the near future to ensure we are compliant for anything above that. Very different things. Doesn't change the overall view. Long term we need to look after ourselves and ensure that when the opportunity arrives to join the pyramid via some form of WOS league we are ready and able to go for it.

7 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

My information is that the LL would run the WoSFL for an initial period to get it off the ground.  I assume that there would be no objections from EoS and SoS to this.

Wouldn't surprise me. Its technically George Fraser's baby after all. Dating back to the BSC email a little over two years ago.

10 minutes ago, Ross. said:

I'll be honest, I got a little confused with the licensing requirements for Tier 6 versus what we want to put in place in the near future to ensure we are compliant for anything above that. Very different things. Doesn't change the overall view. Long term we need to look after ourselves and ensure that when the opportunity arrives to join the pyramid via some form of WOS league we are ready and able to go for it.

There are no licensing requirements for Tier 6. You could get away with a public park with certain features put in place.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The point being that clubs cannot even begin the licence process until they are within a Pyramid league. Just ask Cumnock and Petershill. Clubs have to move first of all and then they have until approx. the next February to get the application completed and approved (?) so enter for 2020/21 for a licence from summer 2021.

Delay by a year and its' 2022 before a licence can be achieved.

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

The SJFA/WRJFA/ERJFA backing of option Z is dead in the water as the LL are not interested in splitting, and given the SJFA have so far refused to back the other option of WRJFA coming in on their own next season (and the WRJFA themselves haven't either), the door is wide open for a new WoSFL and the SJFA/WRJFA wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Then the question arises on the HL/LL boundary.  I don't have any info on that, but if the LL are not bothered either way about it (maybe they are, I don't know), then maybe it opens the door to a bit of horse trading over it which could see the door open to Tayside clubs in the LL and therefore EoS  (this is my own personal thoughts of what could transpire).  I doubt the HL would be bothered too much.  I'm not a fan of moving the boundary, and I have no idea what the EoS think of it,  but a bit of give and take to get a settlement might happen.

"Let the LL set-up and run a new WoSFL, and we'll be relaxed over boundary"  could be the way the conversation goes  (my thoughts) NRJFA hook up with HL (probably with little movement between the two after BoD are HL, but opportunity is there none the less).  Job largely done.

SJFA continue with NRJFA and what remains of WRJFA and ERJFA.

Anyway, will be an interesting couple of weeks.

North Juniors would have no reason to remain subject to the SJFA. If they wanted they could just go it alone as a part of the Highland League Pyramid.

Clubs must keep in mind the dates for meetings for licence sign off aswell. If you go into tier 6 in the August you might not get an audit until the following year dependant on the numbers in play. I'm sure I'm right in saying it is june/July that the sfa have stated will be when licences are approved or rejected.

Meanin any delay could push your club back as much as 2 full seasons, depending on application timing and audit.

1 minute ago, G4Mac said:

Clubs must keep in mind the dates for meetings for licence sign off aswell. If you go into tier 6 in the August you might not get an audit until the following year dependant on the numbers in play. I'm sure I'm right in saying it is june/July that the sfa have stated will be when licences are approved or rejected.

Meanin any delay could push your club back as much as 2 full seasons, depending on application timing and audit.

I'm not clued up on this but if true then this is important that all committees should follow up and make sure they know the days if said clubs move to the pyramid.

4 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Scotland won't jump 30 places in the world rankings if Elgin are playing Brora instead of Annan.

No but if we build more indoor astros, increase the number of qualified coaches and focus on kids development we might. 

Spend the money on these things instead of forcing dugshit national league football.

See Iceland.

Ive asked if Clydebank have a plan B, it’d seem that there isnt one besides whatever the sjfa agree. I wouldnt expect any proactivity from us in helping to set anything up or otherwise. Given what happened last time im not surprised or shocked by this. I can’t see any west clubs sticking their heads above to say they’ll join a west league any time soon. Seems pig headedness and threats to not leave the flock (from the sjfa) will prevent progress.

3 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

That's not an explanation, mate.

Ok, because there is a better way to do it: form a league between Aberdeen and Dundee areas now, affiliate to the pyramid (Like EoS is) so that clubs can get licensed, but with a view to ultimately growing it in parallel with the HFL, not necessarily as a feeder. 

Same as what is being proposed (as a potential long-term solution) for LLW and LLE.

Problem solved, travel nightmare averted.

Edited by Che Dail

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Ive asked if Clydebank have a plan B, it’d seem that there isnt one besides whatever the sjfa agree. I wouldnt expect any proactivity from us in helping to set anything up or otherwise. Given what happened last time im not surprised or shocked by this. I can’t see any west clubs sticking their heads above to say they’ll join a west league any time soon. Seems pig headedness and threats to not leave the flock (from the sjfa) will prevent progress.

Granted, it would be interesting to see how we were prevented from using Holm Park at this point...

8 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

No but if we build more indoor astros, increase the number of qualified coaches and focus on kids development we might. 

Spend the money on these things instead of forcing dugshit national league football.

See Iceland.

How much money could we repurpose into these areas by reducing the number of teams playing nationally?