Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 minute ago, glensmad said:

I get the impression you have your fingers in your ears as you don't really want to understand.

If it revolves around finance, you have nothing to fear, as it would be the status quo for you and the vast majority of West Region teams.

Please read this slowly    If Glenafton Cumnock and Talbot  go to the Lowland. It is not the status Quo for most teams

29 minutes ago, glensmad said:

The proposal supposedly agreed last night was not for current junior clubs to form part of the LL West at tier 5. It was for the West Region clubs to form the feeder in to the tier 5 LL West.

I would be amazed if this happened. It would basically promote the West Region Premier en-masse to a level above their Eastern counterparts.

More likely is that two Lowland League divisions of 12 or 14 are created, requiring an extra 8-12 teams.  Applications are invited from the West Region and South of Scotland (maybe even the East Region juniors depending on the Tayside issue) and maybe more teams are promoted from the EoS Premier.

New applicants are given 12 months to sort their licence out.

The teams are then geographically divided into two leagues. Simples! 

Just now, sweep said:

Please read this slowly    If Glenafton Cumnock and Talbot  go to the Lowland. It is not the status Quo for most teams

Please read this carefully. That isn't going to happen any time in the near future, because it can't under the rules of the proposals.

Go and read the proposals (slowly if necessary) and then come back when you understand them.

1 minute ago, pipedreamer said:

If your club are budgeting based on away crowds, then more fool you. That’s not a very stable way to budget as away crowds will fluctuate depending on the success of that team.

Lugar is about the same size as Blackness. Blink and you miss it. It's not surprising away supports are important to them.

16 minutes ago, sweep said:

You obviously have never been involved with a smaller junior club..

In my opinion The Pyramid would have financial implications for most teams . Like the hire of team buses to Gretna and Dalbeatie . Look at the Cumnock situation if Talbot get in and Cumnock do not.There are loads of examples where teams would be worse off. As I said in my original post we have no objections to teams trying to better themselves but would they be bettering themselves?

You'd have to have several promotions to get to the point you'd be playing Gretna and Dalbeatie. Opening up the top end has little impact on the bottom. You play in a pyramid now, if you haven't noticed. Up is not the only way clubs can go.

Anyway, clubs in the far north of Scotland manage to do these distances without any bother. You don't need to take a bus to all away games.

23 minutes ago, sweep said:

You obviously have never been involved with a smaller junior club..

In my opinion The Pyramid would have financial implications for most teams . Like the hire of team buses to Gretna and Dalbeatie . Look at the Cumnock situation if Talbot get in and Cumnock do not.There are loads of examples where teams would be worse off. As I said in my original post we have no objections to teams trying to better themselves but would they be bettering themselves?

Which teams are going to be hiring buses to Gretna and Dalbeattie?

Cumnock are 12th in the league, do you propose that promotion and relegation is suspended just in case clubs move into a different division than their local rivals?

You've got no objections to teams trying to better themselves, but you don't want to join the pyramid system which would allow clubs to do that? :rolleyes:

Edited by Ginaro

Has anyone realised this plan would involve merging all of the below into the LL West?

BSC
Caley Braves
EK
Cumberland
Dalbeattie
Gretna

I'm not entirely against the idea of region's but it seems a bit daft not to just run this at SoS/EoS as it stands. Open up three relegation spots from the LL with a playoff for third bottom vs runner up in both SOS and EoS. That would quicken up equalisation and give a few bumper crowds.

This isn't hard. The Sjfa are making it hard.

For me if that comment last night is true I'd have walked out. Untenable.

It was confirmed by the chap from Largs who appears to be a very trustworthy and unbiased individual so id believe it.

Hopefully Clydebank will propose (and pass)
  1. a motion of no confidence in the West Management regarding the racism issue
  2.  a motion of no confidence in the West Management regarding their decision to seemingly hold back clubs from progressing and developing.
  3.  announcing they are setting up a West League and are there any other takers.
Its been clear now for years that self interest in relation to having a blazer is more important than the well being of the clubs to management in the West so its time the West clubs took control of their own destiny.
Progressive West clubs could be in the Pyramid at Tier 6 by July, but they need to act now.

I’ll be proposing a motion of no confidence in the proposal of the sjfa towards the pyramid.

8 minutes ago, gwd440 said:

...The teams are then geographically divided into two leagues. Simples! 

Option Z contained wording about the west region and SoS feeding into LL West, and the east region and EoS feeding into LL East, so the geography appears to be fixed. The problem obviously is what happens with the EoS as they won't agree to parallel feeders but if there is no longer an LL because it has split into two leagues maybe they lose their effective veto on changes to the playoff format.

26 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

A six team LL West clearly isn't happening so I suspect the full implications of Option Z have yet to be fully explained to all involved. One thing it likely does is keep the clubs most likely to breakaway like Clydebank inside the junior fold for now because it gives them a shot at tier 5 entry in 2021-22.

Weren't they promised "jam tomorrow" last year too?

10 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Which teams are going to be hiring buses to Gretna and Dalbeattie?

Cumnock are 12th in the league, do you propose that promotion and relegation is suspended just in case clubs move into a different division than their local rivals?

You've got no objections to teams trying to better themselves, but you don't want to join the pyramid system which would allow clubs to do that? :rolleyes:

All the teams in the lowland west if gretna and dalbeatie are in the west

Just now, sweep said:

All the teams in the lowland west if gretna and dalbeatie are in the west

The Lowland West (if it ever appears) would be the 5th level of the Scottish pyramid. I'd expect clubs to be doing that travelling in the division below the national leagues.

1 minute ago, Cyclizine said:

The Lowland West (if it ever appears) would be the 5th level of the Scottish pyramid. I'd expect clubs to be doing that travelling in the division below the national leagues.

Absolutely agree.

If your team are good enough to reach tier 5 of the pyramid, you would have to have some decent level of finance behind you.

This is not a factor for the teams four leagues below that, and a complete red herring.

33 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

A six team LL West clearly isn't happening so I suspect the full implications of Option Z have yet to be fully explained to all involved. One thing it likely does is keep the clubs most likely to breakaway like Clydebank inside the junior fold for now because it gives them a shot at tier 5 entry in 2021-22.

Does it, though?

If all else stays the same in the interim, why is there likely to be any more openness towards "west at tier 5" than there is now?

It just sounds like a way to get them to dangle for another year but it's unclear why doing so should change the attitudes of other parties (ie the SFA, the EoS, the LL) towards "west at tier 5", especially if the west clubs won't do anything that shows commitment to the pyramid first.

31 minutes ago, glensmad said:

But that's not going to happen ! You really don't understand the proposal, do you ?

Why would you need to restructure the leagues?

If a team from the West Premier is promoted to the Lowland League, one should drop into it (the West Premier). I accept that sometimes it will be an East team that finishes bottom of the Lowland League but that should just mean more promotion from lower levels of west (if you want the top league to have even numbers and are less bothered about bottom tier being uneven, that is).

But that's unlikely to happen so much that you lost a net of eight teams!