Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

7 minutes ago, parkcircus said:

Can’t imagine why teams are looking to leave, my clubs committee are disgusted by the comment made tonight.

I'm glad my team has spoken out about this disgusting statement and hope other clubs show their disgust.

23 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

Have you ever used the rhyme "Eenie, meanie, miney mo...….." as a method of selection when a kid.

If you were of a certain age the "N" word is used in that. It's no longer used but if someone asked me to recite, chances are the word would be out my mouth before thinking about it.

The have used the expression "Nigger in the woodpile" as a whole, not four separate words to come under scrutiny. I'm sure someone said it in the House of Commons a few years back.

I'm sure if I said it at my work I'd be in a bit of bother, no excuse for it at all (if true)

Have you ever used the rhyme "Eenie, meanie, miney mo...….." as a method of selection when a kid.
If you were of a certain age the "N" word is used in that. It's no longer used but if someone asked me to recite, chances are the word would be out my mouth before thinking about it.
The have used the expression "Nigger in the woodpile" as a whole, not four separate words to come under scrutiny. I'm sure someone said it in the House of Commons a few years back.

“catch a tiger by the toe, Ernie meanie money mo’ no n word there.

A racist version might have went around before that but we’re taking 50 years you can’t honestly argue that someone at least in their late 50s would say a racist term without thinking cos they said it as part of a rhyme when they were 5. Anyone who uses such a term without thinking is a racist.

It was said in parliament, and it wasn’t acceptable there either.

3 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

“catch a tiger by the toe, Ernie meanie money mo’ no n word there.

A racist version might have went around before that but we’re taking 50 years you can’t honestly argue that someone at least in their late 50s would say a racist term without thinking cos they said it as part of a rhyme when they were 5. Anyone who uses such a term without thinking is a racist.

It was said in parliament, and it wasn’t acceptable there either.

I'm talking about 50 years ago. Some older people use this forum. Everyone over 50 is racist. I have never heard anyone in the real world use the substitute word "tiger" - mainly because I never hear anyone using the rhyme now. I have only ever HEARD the one version. I'm not talking about people quoting things on a football forum.

No apology was offered, in fairness to Matt, Colin and the others they looked as shocked as the rest of us 
Matt was chairing / controlling the meeting, at the very least he should have rebuked him for his comments and made him apologise.

The comment should be dealt with in the proper manner, whatever level that maybe, if its true what was said then this is a racist remark BUT don't let this hide the decision of the evening, West proposal of option Z.

Correct me if I'm wrong, So this means the Lowland League is split into two divisions East and West, with additional LICENSED member clubs being admitted to make
up the numbers, (and at tier 5 ?) so the EOS winners (tier 6) and runners up would go to LLEast (tier 5) and the WOS winners (tier 6) and runners up would go to LLWest (tier 5).
Only Option Z would involve any clubs necessarily changing Leagues or becoming Senior, or would have any implications for the Licensing process (floodlights etc). 

I want to know, how did all the West clubs come by this decision, were they actually consulted as many of the clubs I've been involved with or connected to one way of the other wouldn't really go for option Z

8 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

The comment should be dealt with in the proper manner, whatever level that maybe, if its true what was said then this is a racist remark BUT don't let this hide the decision of the evening, West proposal of option Z.

Correct me if I'm wrong, So this means the Lowland League is split into two divisions East and West, with additional LICENSED member clubs being admitted to make
up the numbers, (and at tier 5 ?) so the EOS winners (tier 6) and runners up would go to LLEast (tier 5) and the WOS winners (tier 6) and runners up would go to LLWest (tier 5).
Only Option Z would involve any clubs necessarily changing Leagues or becoming Senior, or would have any implications for the Licensing process (floodlights etc). 

I want to know, how did all the West clubs come by this decision, were they actually consulted as many of the clubs I've been involved with or connected to one way of the other wouldn't really go for option Z

The blazers might want the Lowland League to split into two divisions, East and West, but they can't make that happen. It would require agreement from all parties included in promotion and relegation, including the SPFL clubs. Given they didn't want two divisions in the first place, but just one, I suspect they're not going to be agreeing. There is also the issue of club licences, or lack of, for the West Region clubs.

Edited by Cyclizine

9 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

The blazers might want the Lowland League to split into two divisions, East and West, but they can't make that happen. It would require agreement from all parties included in promotion and relegation, including the SPFL clubs. Given they didn't want two divisions in the first place, but just one, I suspect they're not going to be agreeing. There is also the issue of club licences, or lack of, for the West Region clubs.

Yip by my reckoning, to enter tier 5 you must be licensed, so that's why I don't see most of the West region teams voting for this one, infact I cant think of any team from West Two or West One or the West championship voting for option Z and not many from the premiership would vote for Option Z

'W - the WRSJFA Premiership ONLY is linked into the Pyramid at Tier 6 (i.e. below the Lowland League and equal in status to the EoSL Premier Division and the SoSL) for season 2020-21. The champions of each, IF LICENSED, qualify to play off for promotion to the LL. The WRSJFA Championship, League One and League Two will effectively be placed at Tiers 7 to 8. The ERSJFA and the NRSJFA remain outside the Pyramid.'  

I cant state as official but I'm 99% certain that Polloks stance would be for W as the same choice of Rossvale, two teams in the top division of the West region.    Sounds a bit dodgy to me

Did any of the West teams been  allowed to put their vote to a proposal of their choice

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Well if i was a person of colour who had been disciplined by any panel this guy sat on i’d be getting my appeal in.

I’ll be saddened if my club aligns with this.

I genuinely thought that was a joke when it was first posted, I thought someone thought ‘whats the most backwards sounding thing anyone could report back from the meeting and say’ in a kind of piss take way. Absolutely astounded.

2 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

I'm talking about 50 years ago. Some older people use this forum. Everyone over 50 is racist. I have never heard anyone in the real world use the substitute word "tiger" - mainly because I never hear anyone using the rhyme now. I have only ever HEARD the one version. I'm not talking about people quoting things on a football forum.

We were saying "catch a tigger by the toe" in Cathcart in the early 80s. I didn't once hear, or even know of, the original version with the racist epithet until I was an adult.

It has been at least 30 years since any version of the word was even remotely acceptable in any context.

There was never a time it wasn't racist. Just people who didn't think it was a big deal.

Are you genuinely trying to justify the remark/phrase/saying? If you are, and it has been said, regardless of the context, it pretty much breaches every equality and diversity policy you could find. Anywhere. In any business. Across the world.

If true, and it was said, it is abhorrent.

Made even worse by the fact that show racism the red card was a topic on the night, by all accounts.