Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

29 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

Got told tonight that the West region have voted for option z as their preferred choice for the pyramid. Also their was some controversy when a racist remark was used to describe the eosl on the way they go about their business.

Was the vote  a consensus  or a narrow majority? Was there further discussion? I.e do clubs who want LL west accept west region at tier 6 as an alternative? It’s difficult to say ‘this is what the west region thinks’ without further info.

As for the racist. 9am resignation is the only sensible thing now.  SFA/SJFA investigation announced before the end of the day.  Unfortunately we know of players saying things in the heat of the moment or fans chanting unsavoury things. But for an official to come out at a public meeting with the (alleged) statement in incredible.

2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Was the vote  a consensus  or a narrow majority? Was there further discussion? I.e do clubs who want LL west accept west region at tier 6 as an alternative? It’s difficult to say ‘this is what the west region thinks’ without further info.

As for the racist. 9am resignation is the only sensible thing now.  SFA/SJFA investigation announced before the end of the day.  Unfortunately we know of players saying things in the heat of the moment or fans chanting unsavoury things. But for an official to come out at a public meeting with the (alleged) statement in incredible.

No sure as I wasn't at the meeting just going what I was told from another teams Secretary.

5 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

A formal 'access to information' request should be tabled, formally requesting that the result for each option, be published by the SJFA/WRJFA.

It is in the SJFA's interest to publish, as there will be leaks and rumours, which won't do much good for the image and future of Scottish football. .   

Have you ever used the rhyme "Eenie, meanie, miney mo...….." as a method of selection when a kid.

If you were of a certain age the "N" word is used in that. It's no longer used but if someone asked me to recite, chances are the word would be out my mouth before thinking about it.

The have used the expression "N**** in the woodpile" as a whole, not four separate words to come under scrutiny. I'm sure someone said it in the House of Commons a few years back.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

Just now, parkcircus said:

Can’t imagine why teams are looking to leave, my clubs committee are disgusted by the comment made tonight.

As well they should be. It has been described they were sitting at the 'top table'. It's not a particularly good look for anyone else sitting up there and not immediately commenting on that being inappropriate and offensive.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

As well they should be. It has been described they were sitting at the 'top table'. It's not a particularly good look for anyone else sitting up there and not immediately commenting on that being inappropriate and offensive.

No apology was offered, in fairness to Matt, Colin and the others they looked as shocked as the rest of us