Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

I would also be disappointed if I continued to play in the conference leagues for the past 2 years for a junior club to just jump in at the same level as me. I think kinnoul and glenrothes were very lucky getting in the same leagues as teams who have been members of the EOS for years. if you join the league you start at the bottom

2 hours ago, Jason King said:

I asked that earlier in the season - from memory,

Only Sauchie currently are seen as the same club as they allow transfer of players between the Junior and Senior club, Bert Smith for example could have played for the Juniors last week, be called up by the Seniors this week and then back with the Juniors next week.

Bo'ness and Linlithgow are totally separate clubs BUT it would seem daft to allow them in under their current names.

Would require reinstatement as it would be a transfer. Can assure you they sign players separately and there can be no nebulous moving from one to another without a transfer and reinstatement to Junior.

Edited by cmontheloknow

1 hour ago, Anychance said:

I would also be disappointed if I continued to play in the conference leagues for the past 2 years for a junior club to just jump in at the same level as me. I think kinnoul and glenrothes were very lucky getting in the same leagues as teams who have been members of the EOS for years. if you join the league you start at the bottom

It's the bottom division they play in!

6 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

So I presume Kelty and the other Junior refugees give up their share of this when they switch to senior. Mibees Thornton Hibs are hoping to be one of only five Junior clubs left for a big payday

Not too much to presume - will only go to the clubs in membership. If we're taling about £1000 being a big payday, this level of football is screwed. I would imagine it would just be absorbed into the running costs of most clubs, though I do concede for the clubs ran mainly on expenses only basis it will be welcome.

10 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

So I presume Kelty and the other Junior refugees give up their share of this when they switch to senior. Mibees Thornton Hibs are hoping to be one of only five Junior clubs left for a big payday

This has been the North Region's plan all along. Sit it out, be the only juniors left. Then pocket 4-5 grand each and join up to the pyramid anyway 😁

Genius. Cannae wait to see the committee members at Devornside turning up for their Scottish cup debut in solid gold shoes and diamond encrusted club ties.
Sure they could spare some jewels for the gold plated lavvies we've been warned about.

Remember that the four "suggestions" are just that, some ideas to presumably generate discussion and see if there is any common ground to work on further.

It's not a case of pick an option and the most popular one wins,  leagues might like several of them or none at all, and I guess it's open to feeding back to PWG alternative suggestions as well.

13 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
29 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:
Genius. Cannae wait to see the committee members at Devornside turning up for their Scottish cup debut in solid gold shoes and diamond encrusted club ties.

Sure they could spare some jewels for the gold plated lavvies we've been warned about.

It's Banff. Gold plated hole in the ground.

Looking at the 22 East Juniors which are south of the Tay Bridge line.

IF 16  of these were to make the move to the EoS then the East Juniors would be down to 22 existing clubs   (6 plus 16 from north of the Tay Bridge line) plus any potential newcomers. What happens then?

If I recall correctly there was one proposal which created a new Senior league for north of Tay Bridge clubs. This would have to exclude the 6 from south of the line?? as it would be in HL territory.

What happens to those 6 clubs under these circumstances?

If there was to be a new North of Tay Bridge League i.e. Tayside Senior League then those 16 remaining north of the Tay Bridge line  clubs could do very well indeed out of it. Thinking that (Looking at the Non-League Scotland web site information) a number of them are close to Licencing standard already e.g.

Broughty Athletic, Downfield Juniors, Dundee North End, Kirriemuir Thistle, Arbroath Victoria, Brechin Victoria, Coupar Angus.

They could be guaranteed Scottish FA Cup entry every season plus the annual SFA associate membership fee. Also, those which remain unlicenced would have the chance of Scottish FA Cup entry if they won the league and maybe if there was a Cup for Senior unlicenced clubs as in the south?

Am I right in saying if it went to a vote now regarding the options within junior ranks, the west would outnumber east and north combined? Ie if the juniors are to have a position the west can control the outcome then it goes back to the PWG for discussion and feedback from other parties before a decision is made?