Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

5 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:
6 hours ago, parsforlife said:

HL has had real difficulty in getting a champion before the play-offs with 18 teams, I doubt the LL would want to be put in that position. Tho with floodlights becoming mandatory there is more scope for midweek games(again tho the HL has these and struggles)

LL teams take part in more cups than HL clubs so 18 clubs playing 34 games is a non-starter.

Number of cups might not be quite the issue. Some HL clubs will play in 4 (Scottish Cup, HL League Cup, Aberdeenshire Cup and Aberdeenshire Shield). Whereas some LL clubs only play in 3 (Scottish Cup, South Challenge Cup, LL League Cup.)

The difference is the South Challenge Cup has 70 teams in it and 7 rounds this year. Whereas the Aberdeenshire Cup and Shield combined has 8 rounds. So if a LL side is also competing in the likes of the East Qualifying Cup that could ramp up the number of games played quite easily.

No, it just means they might have to give up one or two of the cups.

Why should the LL give up a cup competition? I'm intrigued as to why you feel that's the answer.

2 hours ago, Ped said:

What makes me giggle is that there was some that actually believed that was going to happen and that theres some that still believe it will happen 🤣

What makes me giggle is that some fowk on here still believe that outwith some of the West big guns and one or 2 of the  more progressive lower league teams ,  the  officials of the majority of the lower league teams actually give a toss one way or another whether they eventually join a pyramid or not.

That attitude hasn't changed much, If it happens fine (and if rumours on here are true that the WRJFA are going en masse then it just might)  , if it all goes tits up then they're not going to lose any sleep over it and things will carry on as normal and the ones that want to leave and form some kind of WOSL can fire ahead.

Sorry if that upsets some of the advocates for change but thats the reality of the situation

On 1 December 2019 at 16:19, santheman said:

What makes me giggle is that some fowk on here still believe that outwith some of the West big guns and one or 2 of the  more progressive lower league teams ,  the  officials of the majority of the lower league teams actually give a toss one way or another whether they eventually join a pyramid or not.

That attitude hasn't changed much, If it happens fine (and if rumours on here are true that the WRJFA are going en masse then it just might)  , if it all goes tits up then they're not going to lose any sleep over it and things will carry on as normal and the ones that want to leave and form some kind of WOSL can fire ahead.

Sorry if that upsets some of the advocates for change but thats the reality of the situation

Probably about sums it up.

Although the last part about some big clubs leaving would see a few minnows going with them. At least two leagues worth.

Edited by Tutankhamen

Would there be any benefits in the EOSFL (or WRJFA) organising an End of season Invitation Cup competition for those clubs that complete their season early - say by mid April?

1. The competition could be run on a group / knock-out basis in late April and May.
  2. Invitations could be extended to interested clubs in the WRJFA, ERJFA and SOSFL clubs to compete in the competition.
  3. This may help facilitate further integration and harmony within a growing Pyramid family.
  4. It would give WRJFA clubs like Clydebank some very interesting end of season fixtures and a much needed revenue top-up.

Edited by Pyramidic

22 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I'm not sure, I heard it was tonight through a friend of a friend.

The information may not be accurate.

It's supposed to be the 11th, that's what the EoS clubs were advised, unless it has since changed.

13 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

Would there be any benefits in the EOSFL (or WRJFA) organising an End of season Invitation Cup competition for those clubs that complete there season early  say by mid April?

1. The competition could be run on a group / knock-out basis in late April and May.
  2. Invitations could be extended to interested clubs in the WRJFA, ERJFA and SOSFL clubs to compete in the competition.
  3. This may help facilitate further integration and harmony within a growing Pyramid family.
  4. It would give WRJFA clubs like Clydebank some very interesting end of season fixtures and a much needed revenue top-up.

No.

Not thinking purely EOSFL.  If clubs like Clydebank are able complete their fixtures in Mid-March there would be a lot to be gained in an extra end of season competition being arranged.  Next season it could be Blackburn United that completes their fixtures early.

2 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

Not thinking purely EOSFL.  If clubs like Clydebank are able complete their fixtures in Mid-March there would be a lot to be gained in an extra end of season competition being arranged.  Next season it could be Blackburn United that completes their fixtures early.

I'd have no interest in an end of season cup to pad out fixtures frankly.  Why would the EoS organise something to help a west club with fixtures? bizarre.

6 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I'd have no interest in an end of season cup to pad out fixtures frankly.  Why would the EoS organise something to help a west club with fixtures? bizarre.

Because it helps further integration. i cannot recall any objection to Clydebank's desire to join the EOSFL a year or so ago.

With the season starting in July in the eosfl the end of the season is timed just right. It gives players a chance at proper recovery and clubs an ability to do work around their ground. I'm sure most clubs in the eosfl would have no interest in this, the west juniors will still be playing until July most likely.

3 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

Would there be any benefits in the EOSFL (or WRJFA) organising an End of season Invitation Cup competition for those clubs that complete their season early - say by mid April?

I get why your saying this and its a kl idea but personally I do not think so.
Most junior clubs, if I remember correctly are usually playing right to the end of the season, especially in the top division so most likely, well in the WOS leagues are teams from the bottom divisions who possibly finish early.

this type of thing only really works with youth football leagues where a lot of teams finish early, again, usually at the lower level of the league and therefor these teams with month(s) to spare, the league arrange a cup to play in or sometimes a divisional cup.   

I genuinely don't see any benefit in this. if it was trying to spark interest either junior teams or EOS teams could arrange friendlies with teams who were available