Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Anyone happen to know if the SFA bothered to say anything at the West meeting?
With a couple of days gone, it doesn't sound like anything important was said.

Junior meetings typically seem to have less info put into to public domain than EoS/LL ones, which might give gist of things, never do any of these meetings put a lot of detail into public domain.(the EoS meeting maxwell attended is probably the most public things got, which by all accounts had ALOT of emotion involved)

If as I expect this was a feeler exercise by the SFA into how the west junior clubs were feeling then I’d doubt they’ll be too much info put out.

It is possible that the SFA board are planning on attending more organisational meetings since the EoS meeting proved ‘enlightening’ rather than this being a west specific exercise .

24 minutes ago, Kennie said:

My invite must have got lost in the post.

West Region management committee met on Tuesday 8th October, West Region General meeting is not until Thursday 31st October.

There's been nothing in between.

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory Kennie

Inaminate Carbon Rod has seemed to have his finger on the pulse where Clydebank are concerned in the past, so what to make of this? Windup or the cat's out the bag now on a breakaway movement by some west region clubs that the SFA bigwigs are taking seriously enough to meet?

Miscommunication from my source in Hampden. Believe the sjfa meeting was attended by some from the sfa not the west region meeting. Dont believe anything was agreed however.

On 19/10/2019 at 13:33, LongTimeLurker said:

Inaminate Carbon Rod has seemed to have his finger on the pulse where Clydebank are concerned in the past, so what to make of this? Windup or the cat's out the bag now on a breakaway movement by some west region clubs that the SFA bigwigs are taking seriously enough to meet?

Have I missed a recent post from ICR regarding Clydebank ?

Recently the Bankies seem to be as silent as the rest of the West Juniors.

Have I missed a recent post from ICR regarding Clydebank ?
Recently the Bankies seem to be as silent as the rest of the West Juniors.

It was on another thread, I got my west regions and sjfa mixed up. Thus my post above. Yes quiet on the pyramid at our end, hopefully not for long, clocks ticking for the sjfa to get it resolved.

• 1 month later...
On 20/10/2019 at 23:50, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

It was on another thread, I got my west regions and sjfa mixed up. Thus my post above. Yes quiet on the pyramid at our end, hopefully not for long, clocks ticking for the sjfa to get it resolved.

Should be resolved in another 3 or 4 seasons.  Eventually, no panic.  

Meanwhile, Bonnyrigg / East Kilbride / BSC / Edinburgh City and Broxburn are all safely in to R4 of the Scottish Cup, and Penicuik enjoyed their run which ended in a superb day out in Glasgow. 

Surely to goodness everyone can see it now(?)  

7 hours ago, Che Dail said:

Should be resolved in another 3 or 4 seasons.  Eventually, no panic.  

Meanwhile, Bonnyrigg / East Kilbride / BSC / Edinburgh City and Broxburn are all safely in to R4 of the Scottish Cup, and Penicuik enjoyed their run which ended in a superb day out in Glasgow. 

Surely to goodness everyone can see it now(?)  

Yes clubs are seeing it. They've seen it for a while now. Losing money just from being licenced and from automatic entry into the Scottish Cup has made club treasurers sit up and now they're making it difficult for cautious committees to just sit back and go with the flow rather than looking at the realistic costs of going for a licence, or even just joining the Pyramid. There's bound to be an Alex Jack equivalent for non-licenced clubs too so some clubs will have a chance of Scottish FA Cup entry without being licenced. They'll probably have more of a chance of winning that than winning the Junior Cup or Regional League! 

Edited by Dev

48 minutes ago, Dev said:

Yes clubs are seeing it. They've seen it for a while now. Losing money just from licenced and from automatic entry into the Scottish Cup has mad club treasurers sit up and now they're making it difficult for cautious committees to just sit back and go with the flow rather than looking at the realistic costs of going for a licence, or even just joining the Pyramid. There's bound to be an Alex Jack equivalent for non-licenced clubs too so some clubs will have a chance of Scottish FA Cup entry without being licenced. They'll probably have more of a chance of winning that than winning the Junior Cup or Regional League! 

The fact that Broxburn and Penicuik - not the biggest clubs in the East by any means - have amassed over £60k in prize money between them so far alone, plus all the added benefits inc four figure home crowds, unheard of media exposure, matches at Premiership and Championship clubs etc has to have people sit up and take notice.  If they can do that, then others can.  Speaking solely of the East, the likes of Whitburn, Armadale, Bathgate and Fauldhouse have the potential to do what Broxburn  & Penicuik have done, even Tayport if they recapture their former glory.

Followers of these clubs can no longer just sit back and say "but we're a Junior club and always will be". Times have changed dramatically.