Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

They wouldnt come in at tier 9. The worst would be tier 8 the bottom tier. They may even if agreed to do it this year be tier 7. So tier 9 is just nonsense and showing what a moron you are. If people actually think like you nothing ever changes. Read the business book who moved the cheese and it plays put this story

"it plays put this story"
Yet, I'm the moron!
[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

30 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Tier 7 entry for ERSJFA (with the north and south superleague divisions as feeders to the EoS premier rather than the LL) and NRSJFA (predicated on application being used until the Highland League reaches 20 teams and splits to provide the north tier 6), but tier 6 entry for the WRSJFA would also make for an interesting if bizarre compromise proposal that keeps the SJFA intact.

It isn't about keeping the SJFA intact. Just how long are you going to keep playing that tune?

Don't think the EoS format for 2020-21 has been determined yet, so it's not clear that the two tier 7 conferences are playing for anything other than promotion to tier 6.
They also have to account for Eyemouth who are in abeyance but the signs so far are positive & they look like returning. Can't see them going one of 12 & one of 13 if Eyemouth were to return & no one else joined whether from ERJFA or elsewhere

22 hours ago, Dev said:

Uncle Bob, clubs don't need to be licenced to join Senior leagues so there's no real obstacle for any clubs, Juniors or otherwise, joining next season.

Clubs which choose to pursue Licencing can do so at their own pace after making the decision to move. 

Also, non-licenced clubs in the SoS and the EoS still have a way to quality for the Scottish FA Cup through their own Cups for non-licenced teams, so that mitigates the loss of the chance to gain entry by winning a Junior top division or winning the SJFA Cup. 

I doubt that it will be just existing Juniors which are considering a move up to the Senior leagues.

Thanks for your reply. Yes I am well aware of the SFA licensing laws.

This was not the reason for my post.  If leading junior clubs are serious about joining the pyramid next season, I would suggest that those which are interested, will  start making steps towards it.  Cumnock and Petershill have already shown their ambition, having applied for a licence.  To me, this suggests that these 2 clubs are serious about joining the pyramid, as it would be pointless to apply for one (at this stage) whilst they are not  'currently'playing in the pyramid',  as current SFA licensing rules therefore prevent them from joining. Otherwise, why waste the licensing fee, and the required effort to meet the SFA requirements, at this time.

However,  my post was attended to seek any news about other West Juniors (who are preparing to join the pyramid in 2020/21) who may be making early preparations now. This is especially important if the leading West juniors want to be able to compete for promotion to the Lowland League, asap after joining tier 6. For example, the stage 1 redevelopment of Clydebank/Holm Park, has included the installation of floodlights, whereas it could have been deferred to phase 2  of the development.

Hence I quoted the junior clubs named by Ginaro, and added a couple of other leading clubs.............in the hope that there may be some updates regarding their progress, in anticipation of their pyramid entry next season.  But will it happen ?

"Uncle Bob"  (north Highlands troll)

9 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

And there you have it.

It's all about destroying the SJFA.

Thank you for the confirmation.

The SJFA have given up running the disclipinary for Tier 6 leagues in the pyramid. So that would be the West Premiership, North Super League and combined East Super League which would represent over 40 clubs.

Junior Cup would also be impacted by the need to fit around the commitments of the senior calendar.

The SJFA doesn't matter as they've already shown by making those concesions. It's the clubs that matter and the clubs would continue.

18 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

I'm of the opinion that you can't have a mandate if the original purpose of it has changed (all three regions in), therefore it should have been discussed at AGM and a fresh approach agreed, which clearly didn't happen.

However, the SJFA/TJ can go to the membership at any time and ask that they agree that the WRJFA can enter next season whilst discussions continue re ERJFA and NRJFA to find long term solutions.

He can do that today, ahead of any future PWG meeting.   I doubt he will, and I suspect we know why.

Earlier this year, Maxwell & Petrie held a very important meeting with all the EoSL clubs. Why can't a similar meeting be held between IM & RP, TJ, and all the West clubs. If nothing else, this meeting would be very informative  for all of those in attendance.  

3 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:
42 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:
They aren't playing for nothing still promotion to premier 

How many places is that for? Please, only asking because I don't know.

3 with a potential 4th spot.

2x Champions of each Conference automatically promoted. 1x Playoff spot between the Conference Runners Up.

The fourth spot would depend on LL promotion/relegation playing out and would mean both runners up promoted without the need for a playoff.

10 minutes ago, Ped said:

Tell me why any existing teams in the pyramid should step aside or drop down a tier to accommodate any new teams 🤔

They don't have to, if the existing leagues are simply slotted in alongside them whether that be at tier 6 or 7 as the case may be and the LL adds an extra relegation spot.

Isn’t that basically what some sjfa and some deluded posters are asking with east juniors getting slotted in alongside an already established EOS league they will be the new teams to pyramid in that area should surely be slotted in underneath the already established league 

And there you have it.It's all about destroying the SJFA.
Thank you for the confirmation.

The aim isn’t to save the structure of the SJFA, the aim is to bring all those football clubs who wish to be in the Pyramid together into that Pyramid, your earlier suggestion was a good one which I agreed with but your obsession with ‘saving’ the SJFA is what will prevent it ever happening. Once in the Pyramid the Clubs are all Senior anyway. I have no wish to destroy the SJFA, only to see the game grow and progress properly. You incorrectly ascribe something to me to suit your own agenda.