Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Just in case you missed it on some of the other 870 + pages. Some of the clubs still in the SJFA would prefer to stay within that Association. It has also been stated that joining the Pyramid will change nothing for the majority of the clubs. Leaving the SJFA to join the EOSL surely throws that statement out the window.
It'd change things for the EOS however. Why should they as the established pathway in the pyramid get shafted by having a league shoehorned in on their doorstep? 30 odd clubs have moved for the reason of the EOS being aformentioned league (of course each club had its own reason for moving). It's grossly unfair that the junior regions get in without a comprimise but an existing pyramid league has to make major concessions.

The other issue is it you'd have two routes to the pyramid in that part of the world. Let's say I'm an ambitious amateur or youth team looking to step up in West Lothian or Fife, where do I go?

12 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

The only people TJ has fooled are fools, but there are enough of them for him to have succeeded admirably. I now feel we should just accept that "Juniors in at Tier Six" is dead, the WOSL is dead, and nothing will change. Which is fine, that's what a great many people want. The only further action I would take would be to end the Scottish Cup places for Junior teams. Why should they take places away from the SFA's own members? Talbot are quite good at playing (admittedly eye-bleeding) football in cup ties, if they want to prove they are "bigger" than all those "diddy" clubs (now where have I heard that before?) in the EOS and the Lowland League, they know what to do, but there is no reason why they should have it handed to them at others' expense.

You're wrong on all counts.

"Juniors in at Tier Six" is very much alive and hopefully will be sorted by next season.

'The WOSL is dead' - The WOSL was never alive. There's a ready made league with it's own feeder system all ready and waiting for the nod. 

No club that has entry to the Scottish Cup, be that Junior or Amateur, do so at the exclusion of an SFA member. They were brought in by the SFA because they seen it as an added attraction for the opening rounds. Kelty v Talbot, live on TV kind of proves that.

Just give the SOSFL & EOSFL an automatic promotion spot for licensed champions.
Some West clubs would move. Clydebank were happy enough joining the EoSFL when they thought they could do a Kelty. This would be no different.
Really?
17414 posts on this subject and that's probably the most ridiculous thing so far.
Let's imagine 6 West Premiership clubs joined the EOSL, how many years would it take for all of them to even get near Tier 6?

37 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

You're wrong on all counts.

"Juniors in at Tier Six" is very much alive and hopefully will be sorted by next season.

'The WOSL is dead' - The WOSL was never alive. There's a ready made league with it's own feeder system all ready and waiting for the nod. 

No club that has entry to the Scottish Cup, be that Junior or Amateur, do so at the exclusion of an SFA member. They were brought in by the SFA because they seen it as an added attraction for the opening rounds. Kelty v Talbot, live on TV kind of proves that.

You told us it was a done deal last season, whilst everyone not upto their necks in TJ's utterings knew otherwise, you said we would have a meltdown when the news broke, but it bit you on the arse. What you say really does not hold much water because we know the source of your information.

As has been said umpteen times, if the SFA/SJFA continue down the road of trying to shoehorn another league in the east into the Pyramid it will end in failure, and also have a very negative effect on the west if they link the two.  Maybe feed that back up the chain, it might sink in eventually.

48 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

It'd change things for the EOS however. Why should they as the established pathway in the pyramid get shafted by having a league shoehorned in on their doorstep? 30 odd clubs have moved for the reason of the EOS being aformentioned league (of course each club had its own reason for moving). It's grossly unfair that the junior regions get in without a comprimise but an existing pyramid league has to make major concessions.

The other issue is it you'd have two routes to the pyramid in that part of the world. Let's say I'm an ambitious amateur or youth team looking to step up in West Lothian or Fife, where do I go?

Bingo.

1 hour ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

Just in case you missed it on some of the other 870 + pages. Some of the clubs still in the SJFA would prefer to stay within that Association. It has also been stated that joining the Pyramid will change nothing for the majority of the clubs. Leaving the SJFA to join the EOSL surely throws that statement out the window.

They remain Junior in that case if they don't want to leave the SJFA.  That is exactly where we are at the moment.  The EoS is open to applications from any club who wishes to join the senior Pyramid, the clubs south of the Tay therefore have a choice if they want it.

28 Junior clubs have done just that over the last two seasons, there is no reason to change that.

No way should the ERJFA be placed beside the EoS,its utter fantasy.

The West set up is already in place they can join anytime.

As for Tayside sides in the LL dont make me laugh!!

Why should the senior game follow the junior game in how it sets out its regions?

The travel issue is now null and void with the AWPR dual carriageway now open around Aberdeen plus the continuing dualling of the A9 and upcoming dualling of the A96.

If Brechin go down to the HL at the end of the season issue settled.

9 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

Really?
17414 posts on this subject and that's probably the most ridiculous thing so far.
Let's imagine 6 West Premiership clubs joined the EOSL, how many years would it take for all of them to even get near Tier 6?

The point is the West clubs would opt to join the SOSFL. So tier 6 right away. 

16 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

A mass application to the SoSFL by WRJFA clubs in a similar way to what happened in the east is the most straightforward way to deal with this. The league already exists in the pyramid structure and it avoids any new associations being formed. I still think it's inequitable for there to be a SoSFL and a WoSFL at tier 6. One league coving the whole region makes more sense. I suspect SoSFL would not be as open to this as EoSFL were, mind.

I can see the West clubs enjoying their travels for season after season whilst their crowds diminish. If 6 clubs joined and if one of them gained promotion each year and managed to stay clear of relegation it would take 6 seasons of travelling into D&G to play in front of 2 men and a dog.
And there was me thinking your previous post was ridiculous.

You told us it was a done deal last season, whilst everyone not upto their necks in TJ's utterings knew otherwise, you said we would have a meltdown when the news broke, but it bit you on the arse. What you say really does not hold much water because we know the source of your information.
As has been said umpteen times, if the SFA/SJFA continue down the road of trying to shoehorn another league in the east into the Pyramid it will end in failure, and also have a very negative effect on the west if they link the two.  Maybe feed that back up the chain, it might sink in eventually.

That old chestnut again.
Ok, I got it wrong.
There, I said it, does that make you happy.

I have no 'source' other than my own viewpoint, unlike your hangers-on, that believe that the gospel according to Burnie is the only way.

The EOSL is still fearful of allowing any of the Juniors access to the Pyramid and that includes the West despite their seemingly welcoming platitudes to the contrary.
They lived in the shadows of the SJFA for decades and now that they're in a position of power they want the SJFA to suffer.
If that is not the case, then why don't we get the WRSJFA in for next season and continue to look for a solution for the rest.

The only and simple solution is if the juniors want to move en mass then the do so by accepting whatever conditions the established associations decide regardless of travel, geography or tier if that’s not acceptable then they stay junior and outside the pyramid and lose the perks of big Scottish entry etc 

as for the wosfl being dead it’s never been alive and won’t be until someone steps up to administer it but i feel it won’t be long before someone does and that should worry those in juniors more because then they won’t be automatically certs to be accepted into it 

4 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

I can see the West clubs enjoying their travels for season after season whilst their crowds diminish. If 6 clubs joined and if one of them gained promotion each year and managed to stay clear of relegation it would take 6 seasons of travelling into D&G to play in front of 2 men and a dog.

Of the 6 how many do you think would believe they would get promoted in the first season? Most, all? Otherwise why move.

Certainly none would think they'd be there for all 6 years. 

And if you can actually get 6 clubs to move. That takes the SOSFL to 22 so you'd probably see divisions after the first year.

17 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

Thing is, it wouldn't just be six clubs who would join the SOS. As we saw in the east, once you get a few clubs moving over the dominoes begin to fall as clubs want to remain with their rivals and avoid being left in a weaker league.

If six clubs - e.g. Auchinleck, Cumnock, Clydebank, Kilwinning, Petershill, Rutherglen, who either have or are getting floodlights and are close to a licence - joined the SOS, it would cause other clubs to follow. Glenafton would surely move since their two closest clubs have left, and then there's also ambitious clubs like Darvel who would try and steal a march on others.

Edited by Ginaro

That old chestnut again.
Ok, I got it wrong.

I have no 'source' other than my own viewpoint, unlike your hangers-on, that believe that the gospel according to Burnie is the only way.

The EOSL is still fearful of allowing any of the Juniors access to the Pyramid and that includes the West despite their seemingly welcoming platitudes to the contrary.
They lived in the shadows of the SJFA for decades and now that they're in a position of power they want the SJFA to suffer.
If that is not the case, then why don't we get the WRSJFA in for next season and continue to look for a solution for the rest.
Yes its purely the fault of the big bad seniors the juniors aren't in at tier 6. Lets just ignore the valid concerns & objections they had to the awful proposal....

2 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

That old chestnut again.
Ok, I got it wrong.

Hangers on? I think everyone on here who isn't listening to TJ, make up their own minds. If you're paying attention we don't all agree on the best way to resolve this.  What you post is more than a mere "viewpoint" given you claimed inside info to send us into "meltdown" last season.

The EoS isn't "fearful" of anything, they are open to admitting more Junior clubs at any time.  If they were fearful, then they wouldn't have opened up last season to the extent it was an effective "takeover", the 11 existing members suddenly became 39 and many suffered on the pitch because of it. That's not being fearful.

As has been said umpteen times, having two tier 6 leagues covering the exact same area is idiotic. I can't believe anyone thinks it's actually a workable solution, unless they are trying to preserve their job.

As for your last sentence, that is exactly what they said should happen, the WRJFA should have been in this season.  It didn't happen, and that has nothing to do with the EoS.