Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Calm down, I’m not apportioning any blame on the east. They have too look after the interests of their clubs. I did at one point blame them but when everything was in the open the SJFA acted poorly.

I am asking the question of the east clubs (which no one has answered) if the west were to have come in this season would they have had to change the fines? If so why was this important to EOS clubs?

All I am looking for is an answer. It’s not about shit stirring or anything of that nature but part of the debate.

Some of the EOS posters need to stop getting so defensive!!!

It is still an issue that needs to be resolved. It shouldn’t be an issue but the EOS/LL have made it one. Can one of the EOS clubs confirm that if they would have vetoed the west coming in (which they said wasn’t an issue) without the discipline being changed?

I think it's reasonably fair for me to read the bold part of the below quote there, the one I was replying to, as apportioning blame to the EoS, at least partly, no? You literally said that its an issue of the EoS and LL making. [emoji4]

The second bold bits in your most recent reply: Perhaps I was a bit wordy (in order to give full detail) and expected you to read between the lines a bit, but you asked if discipline/fines is an issue for clubs in the East. I gave you an overview of what that issue actually is as discussed with RP and IM and what was proposed by the EoS clubs in attendance at the meeting. Given I didn't discuss fines once in that overview, I assumed you'd read between the lines that I was answering your question. It's not a showstopper and has never been raised as such by any of the EoS clubs (to my knowledge). Some the of LL clubs feel more strongly, as you would imagine, and given the EoS and LL league share office bearers there is going to be something of a unified view.

The only mention of discipline at all at the EoS meeting (that I can recall) was around suspensions, because the Juniors followed different rules for suspensions at that time. There was a (legitimate) concern that, for example, a player being sent off in a Junior game the week before a cup tie between a West and East/LL side may not have that player suspended where a team in the East or LL would in the same circumstances, because of the rule differences. That issue was put to bed by RP with the confirmation that the West Region (Juniors in their entirety actually) would follow the JPP for all competitions, including the Junior Cup, so suspension rules would be universal. This appears to be happening now.

I don't even recall fines being mentioned, if it was it was a side issue. As I said, the main issue was the competing league in a region that already has a feeder. TJ made that an issue and made sure it stayed one with the West/East all or nothing.

On the subject of fines, if I were still at a West club, I might be asking why I have to pay out fines when no-one else in the pyramid I am hoping to move to, from the poorest to the richest clubs in the country, has to. I'd be asking what that money funds, how other leagues can operate and offer more to their clubs without that revenue stream and in turn what value I am getting for that outlay. But I'm not, so I'll leave that for you to decide.

Fun fact though, around 5 seasons of no fines in the EoS versus what we used to pay in the Juniors will cover the cost of our new toilet block. [emoji14] We're ~20% of the way there!

9 hours ago, Truthteller said:

Ayrshire junior team 6, east of Scotland "senior club" 1

An elephant is an elephant, it doesn't matter how you dress it up

east coast dreamers  with delusions of grandeur.

I've never heard anyone at Dundonald (or any other EOSFL club for that matter) say they're better than Talbot. I think all EOSFL clubs will realise that Talbot are one of the better non-league clubs in Scotland. If the west come in the pyramid, the whole West premiership will be on the same tier as the EOS Premier anyway, with Talbot likely to quickly go up.

If anything, cup games like this show that a proper pyramid is needed imo. I want all non-league clubs in the same system and I find it a shame that strong junior clubs aren't regularly playing their senior counterparts in the same area.

I've never heard anyone at Dundonald (or any other EOSFL club for that matter) say they're better than Talbot. I think all EOSFL clubs will realise that Talbot are one of the better non-league clubs in Scotland. If the west come in the pyramid, the whole West premiership will be on the same tier as the EOS Premier anyway, with Talbot likely to quickly go up.
If anything, cup games like this show that a proper pyramid is needed imo. I want all non-league clubs in the same system and I find it a shame that strong junior clubs aren't regularly playing their senior counterparts in the same area.
Glad you have that all sorted out Marten.

I didn't know you where decided what the wests level will be.

Good to know mate[emoji106]

Yet another one of Pied Piper XI

35 minutes ago, Thee Talbot Bing said:

Good to know mateemoji106.png

Eerm... it's already widely known that if there is going to be a west league in the pyramid, regardless of whether it's the current junior structure or a new WoSFL, it will be on tier 6. I'm not exactly making any wild assumptions here.

27 minutes ago, Thee Talbot Bing said:

Good to know mateemoji106.png

The SJFA are negotiating to enter the Lowland League play-off, which means they have accepted their place at level 6. Unless you think they should be below that?

58 minutes ago, Thee Talbot Bing said:

It has been well documented and common knowledge for a long time that the top league of the West Region SJFA would come in at tier 6.

Re: West Juniors at Tier 6. The real question lies with where the South of Scotland League slots in, as none of the clubs in that division seem to be serious about progressing through the ranks and they seem to be poorer than their counterparts in the EOS, will they drop to tier 7, 8 or 9, or hold their current standing.

There's also the issue of LL relegation which seems to be for the moment a bit too restrictive. 1 down seems quite poor, but hopefully with the West Juniors coming on board they could open that up to 2 slots.

Re: West Juniors at Tier 6. The real question lies with where the South of Scotland League slots in, as none of the clubs in that division seem to be serious about progressing through the ranks and they seem to be poorer than their counterparts in the EOS, will they drop to tier 7, 8 or 9, or hold their current standing.

There's also the issue of LL relegation which seems to be for the moment a bit too restrictive. 1 down seems quite poor, but hopefully with the West Juniors coming on board they could open that up to 2 slots.
This is Probably the most highlighted post to date. Once we get past all the self congratulatory stuff by the Pied Piper XI you get common sense

11 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

The SoS will remain tier 6 I expect, they are not going to be forcibly "demoted" down the tiers.  There's a real chance Gretna or Dalbeattie could go down from the LL to the SoS this season, so they will expect a chance to go back up if they win the SoS. That might change in future but the SoS will need to want it.

If and when a west league comes on board, I'd like to think at that point the LL go to two automatic relegation spots. Time will tell on that one.

21 minutes ago, Thee Talbot Bing said:

So tell me how under this common knowledge that nowt has been done yet?

Pied Piper XI (substitute)

Are you new to this debate ? There are at least 50 different threads and hundreds of posts on the subject over the past year which will give you your answer.

To summarise, the SJFA beaks want everyone in at the same time under the SJFA banner. The East of Scotland League object to the East Region juniors coming in at tier 6, as they are the established geographical league at tier 6. They have no objection to the West Region juniors coming in at tier 6 and have publically stated so. However as long as the SJFA's policy remains as "all in at the same time or none in at all", then nothing will happen.

Are you new to this debate ? There are at least 50 different threads and hundreds of posts on the subject over the past year which will give you your answer. To summarise, the SJFA beaks want everyone in at the same time under the SJFA banner. The East of Scotland League object to the East Region juniors coming in at tier 6, as they are the established geographical league at tier 6. They have no objection to the West Region juniors coming in at tier 6 and have publically stated so. However as long as the SJFA's policy remains as "all in at the same time or none in at all", then nothing will happen.

Not really but newbies need to know that the Pied Piper XI ( including yourself) don't really need to be taken seriously and that others can have a difference of opinion without them being jumped upon by you lot lol.  

I'll bear it in mind when your master BM orders my execution of ban [emoji23]

22 minutes ago, Thee Talbot Bing said:

Not really but newbies need to know that the Pied Piper XI ( including yourself) don't really need to be taken seriously and that others can have a difference of opinion without them being jumped upon by you lot lol.  

I'll bear it in mind when your master BM orders my execution of ban emoji23.png

Your patter is rotten by the way.

9 minutes ago, Thee Talbot Bing said:

I'm not here to be liked by you or any of your other Pied Piper XI friends

Evidently. 

Curious you should choose the Pied Piper analogy...the legend has it that 130 children followed him out of Hamelin, into a cave and were never or heard of again. 

If you want to substitute "cave"  for "football forum" and "Hamelin" for "Pie and Bovril" the parallels are remarkable, although I admit it all falls down when the weans show up again a month or two later when it turns out hanging about in a cave with another 129 weans that don't talk to each other is a bit shite.

11 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Evidently. 

Curious you should choose the Pied Piper analogy...the legend has it that 130 children followed him out of Hamelin, into a cave and were never or heard of again. 

If you want to substitute "cave"  for "football forum" and "Hamelin" for "Pie and Bovril" the parallels are remarkable, although I admit it all falls down when the weans show up again a month or two later when it turns out hanging about in a cave with another 129 weans that don't talk to each other is a bit shite.

:lol:

38 minutes ago, Thee Talbot Bing said:

I'm not here to be liked by you or any of your other Pied Piper XI friends

People like you are giving the junior fans a bad name on here, with your trolling and the ridiculous "Pied Piper XI" stuff.

I watch more junior football than senior football. That's not out of principle but simply due to me living in Tayside, meaning there are far more junior than senior clubs close to me. The club in Scottish football that I follow the closest (and have seen the most) is even a junior club, Lochee United. Simply because they are my local club. However, I enjoy all football and I am not obsessed by a "grade". Apparently that automatically makes me the same as Burnieman and plenty of others? 🙄

Guess what, I don't agree with Burnieman or others that you label as part of the "Pied Piper XI" on everything either. Difference is that when we disagree, we have a respectful discussion...