Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Ohh not so sure about that, Maybe we think its because the main show is here because this is the big forum?

I honestly cannot understand why you don't posy on your own thread. I mean cmon it must be needing some interesting input surely?

Do you keep track on where we all are posting day to day?

If I post on EoS more on 1 day does that make it the main event? What about when I’m posting on spfl threads(I’ve posted on all 4 sub-forums recently) if I go onto GN does that make it the big time?

36 minutes ago, Thee Talbot Bing said:

Ohh not so sure about that, Maybe we think its because the main show is here because this is the big forum?

I honestly cannot understand why you don't post on your own thread. I mean cmon it must be needing some interesting input surely?

So far this season , excluding friendlies, I've been to
5 EoS club matches
2 ERSJFA club matches
4 SPFL club matches
1 SPFL Colts match
I think "my own" thread might end up just being me on my own 🙂

So far this season , excluding friendlies, I've been to
5 EoS club matches
2 ERSJFA club matches
4 SPFL club matches
1 SPFL Colts match
I think "my own" thread might end up just being me on my own [emoji846]

Do you keep track on where we all are posting day to day?

If I post on EoS more on 1 day does that make it the main event? What about when I’m posting on spfl threads(I’ve posted on all 4 sub-forums recently) if I go onto GN does that make it the big time?
I'm just laughing out loud thinking of you all checking your previous posts to justify your not in burniemans gang
[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

You are all just the children of the Pied Piper of Burnieland [emoji23]

1 hour ago, Thee Talbot Bing said:

I honestly cannot understand why you don't post on your own thread. I mean cmon it must be needing some interesting input surely?

1 minute ago, Thee Talbot Bing said:

I'm just laughing out loud thinking of you all checking your previous posts to justify your not in burniemans gang
emoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

You are all just the children of the Pied Piper of Burnieland emoji23.png

You’re now just embarrassing yourself, your team and making the junior supporters look shallow again, just like you mates have done before. Please stop....

So far this season I’ve been to 5 ERSJFA games and just spent the last 2 hours tidying their clubhouse... now tell me again that I am on the wrong forum 🙄

1 hour ago, Spyro said:

You’re now just embarrassing yourself, your team and making the junior supporters look shallow again, just like you mates have done before. Please stop....

So far this season I’ve been to 5 ERSJFA games and just spent the last 2 hours tidying their clubhouse... now tell me again that I am on the wrong forum 🙄

He'll probably not understand that there are people who just like football and don't care what "grade" it is. My last 5 competitive games I went to were: junior, senior non-league (Highland League), amateur, SPFL and Scottish Cup (junior v EOS). And guess what? I enjoyed them all.

Think it's basically a roundabout way of saying that there is no need for the SJFA to be involved and each region should be able to do its own thing. From what I remember the SFA initially claimed that they didn't have the resources to adminster the discipline and hence wanted the SJFA to do it, but eventually stated that they would be able to handle the discipline for four 16 club tier six leagues. Not sure that's still a major stumbling block. Think the main problem by far is what happens in the east where the EoS/LL say that they won't accept a second tier six feeder south of the Tay bridge boundary and won't accept teams from north of the Tay boundary in the LL, the SFA say they won't accept the ERSJFA's new north-south split format at tier six, and the SJFA still seem to be insisting that the WRSJFA and ERSJFA have to enter under their auspices at the same time with nothing being done about the Tay boundary.

It is still an issue that needs to be resolved. It shouldn’t be an issue but the EOS/LL have made it one. Can one of the EOS clubs confirm that if they would have vetoed the west coming in (which they said wasn’t an issue) without the discipline being changed?

It is still an issue that needs to be resolved. It shouldn’t be an issue but the EOS/LL have made it one. a)

Can one of the EOS clubs confirm that if they would have vetoed the west coming in (which they said wasn’t an issue) without the discipline being changed? B)

A) ha wtf? EoS/ LL have always been far more open than the other way around.

B) for a functioning Pyramid everything needs to be consistent. You can’t have 1 player being able to play in games when they’d otherwise be suspended if they played for another club. Consistency is a basic requirement.

It is still an issue that needs to be resolved. It shouldn’t be an issue but the EOS/LL have made it one. Can one of the EOS clubs confirm that if they would have vetoed the west coming in (which they said wasn’t an issue) without the discipline being changed?

This had been covered many times. I was at in the EoS meeting, with RP and IM who seemed confused about an "objection to the juniors". It was made clear to them on the night that there was no objection to the juniors, the objection was to an overlapping league in the East, where a feeder league already existed.

The example given was more than sensible. If we are saying that when we onboard different grades to the pyramid that they can run their own over lapping league's, does that mean that when the central amateur league covering the West wants to join they can come in at Tier 6 alongside the West region, then the Caley league at Tier 6 alongside that, or the LEAFA at Tier 6 alongside the EoS and ERSJFA.

The pyramid is regional at the lower levels, if you already have a league representing that region, you join that league. In the case of the West, there's no league currently, so that completes the Tier 6 structure regionally, if the central ams want to join later, they join below that and so on.

A straw poll was taken in the room when one delegate made clear the West was more than welcome to join from this season and the ERSJFA south of tay clubs miss than welcome to join the EoS T7 conferences. It was also pointed out that the ERSJFA already having split North and South made that easier. Not a single dissenting voice, everyone who had their say from the EoS league WANTED the West Juniors in and we're happy for the East teams to join EoS.

From that point it was over to TJ to drop his ludicrous all (except the North cos that suits) or nothing stance. The SJFA continued to insist no West without East.

As far as I'm concerned the EoS clubs were the ones championing the West Region move. The insistence by the juniors that the West couldn't go without the East is what stopped your club being in the Pyramid this year, not the EoS or LL.

47 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

As far as I'm concerned the EoS clubs were the ones championing the West Region move. The insistence by the juniors that the West couldn't go without the East is what stopped your club being in the Pyramid this year, not the EoS or LL.

As you say, that has been clarified on more than one occasion on here.  So if people want to apportion blame, don't look in the direction of the EoS.

The disciplinary issue was partly addressed by the SFA backtracking somewhat and saying that they could administer the tier 6 league in the West  (no idea about below that).  There are however still some concerns I believe, but nothing that actually would lead to the EoS not wanting the West on board.

Edited by Burnie_man

With the return of certain posters over the last couple of days I take it the other place hasn't been the roaring success they anticipated.

8 hours ago, Truthteller said:

Ayrshire junior team 6, east of Scotland "senior club" 1

An elephant is an elephant, it doesn't matter how you dress it up

east coast dreamers  with delusions of grandeur.

There are 30 or so former Junior clubs who have moved on to better things, that's not delusions of grandeur that's safeguarding the future of your club.

Clubs in the West are sleepwalking into oblivion.

...and as has been mentioned already, Dundonald and their delusions are already guaranteed entry into next seasons Scottish Cup - Auchinleck are not. And yet those beholden to a dying "grade" think its the progressive clubs that have left them behind that are delusional.

A) ha wtf? EoS/ LL have always been far more open than the other way around.

B) for a functioning Pyramid everything needs to be consistent. You can’t have 1 player being able to play in games when they’d otherwise be suspended if they played for another club. Consistency is a basic requirement.

In answer to a) I don’t doubt that. After everything that has come out the SJFA haven’t represented the interests of their clubs in the proper manor.

In answer to b) that’s a red herring. The SJFA clubs are working under the suspension rules as set out by the SFA they are adding additional fines. I can understand the LL west based clubs having an issue with that but why the clubs in the East care I don’t know. All I am asking for is some clarity of the East position. They said they were happy for the West to come in last season but would that have been with the conditions they set out regarding discipline?

Just trying the play devils advocate here. As I have said consistently I want a fully functional pyramid.

This had been covered many times. I was at in the EoS meeting, with RP and IM who seemed confused about an "objection to the juniors". It was made clear to them on the night that there was no objection to the juniors, the objection was to an overlapping league in the East, where a feeder league already existed.

The example given was more than sensible. If we are saying that when we onboard different grades to the pyramid that they can run their own over lapping league's, does that mean that when the central amateur league covering the West wants to join they can come in at Tier 6 alongside the West region, then the Caley league at Tier 6 alongside that, or the LEAFA at Tier 6 alongside the EoS and ERSJFA.

The pyramid is regional at the lower levels, if you already have a league representing that region, you join that league. In the case of the West, there's no league currently, so that completes the Tier 6 structure regionally, if the central ams want to join later, they join below that and so on.

A straw poll was taken in the room when one delegate made clear the West was more than welcome to join from this season and the ERSJFA south of tay clubs miss than welcome to join the EoS T7 conferences. It was also pointed out that the ERSJFA already having split North and South made that easier. Not a single dissenting voice, everyone who had their say from the EoS league WANTED the West Juniors in and we're happy for the East teams to join EoS.

From that point it was over to TJ to drop his ludicrous all (except the North cos that suits) or nothing stance. The SJFA continued to insist no West without East.

Calm down, I’m not apportioning any blame on the east. They have too look after the interests of their clubs. I did at one point blame them but when everything was in the open the SJFA acted poorly.

I am asking the question of the east clubs (which no one has answered) if the west were to have come in this season would they have had to change the fines? If so why was this important to EOS clubs?

All I am looking for is an answer. It’s not about shit stirring or anything of that nature but part of the debate.

Some of the EOS posters need to stop getting so defensive!!!

As you say, that has been clarified on more than one occasion on here.  So if people want to apportion blame, don't look in the direction of the EoS.
The disciplinary issue was partly addressed by the SFA backtracking somewhat and saying that they could administer the tier 6 league in the West  (no idea about below that).  There are however still some concerns I believe, but nothing that actually would lead to the EoS not wanting the West on board.

So the fine issued to clubs were not an issue. Thanks for clarifying. As I said above I am not laying blame at the EOS clubs door. I was asking a genuine question.

As I said some the EOS posters need to stop being so precious in this discussion, not everyone is having a go.

3 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

So the fine issued to clubs were not an issue. Thanks for clarifying. As I said above I am not laying blame at the EOS clubs door. I was asking a genuine question.

As I said some the EOS posters need to stop being so precious in this discussion, not everyone is having a go.

There was absolutely no objections to the West coming on board for this season, none.  There were concerns over discipline and that was partly addressed, but you need to look elsewhere for reasons as to why the West aren't in the Pyramid right now.

Did the SJFA only want the West to come on board along with the ERJFA? if so, that was always a non-starter, and will remain so.