Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Kinnoull away fae the Juniors and joining the revolution [emoji4]

I was suprised they never moved when Jeanfield did. Good luck to ehm. Sad to see Eyemouth taking a year out but hopefully they can bounce back.

So I'm assuming that Cruden Bay are back in the Junior Cup this year and that Coupar Angus are suspended. 

With Kinnoull and Glenrothes away to EOS that suggests the Junior Cup entrants are down to 127 clubs. So there will only need to be a Round One this year if there are at least 2 new clubs admitted to the East Region (or indeed North or West).

8 hours ago, ShrimpLok said:

So I'm assuming that Cruden Bay are back in the Junior Cup this year and that Coupar Angus are suspended. 

With Kinnoull and Glenrothes away to EOS that suggests the Junior Cup entrants are down to 127 clubs. So there will only need to be a Round One this year if there are at least 2 new clubs admitted to the East Region (or indeed North or West).

IS that including Linlithgow Rose and Bo'ness United return well coverband.

1 hour ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

IS that including Linlithgow Rose and Bo'ness United return well coverband.

127 is excluding any Linlithgow / Boness junior sides (or Syngenta / Dunblane /Breadalbane). 

So basically to need the same number of rounds as this year's Junior Cup at least 2 of those 5 will need to be accepted by the ERJFA. 

3 minutes ago, ShrimpLok said:

127 is excluding any Linlithgow / Boness junior sides (or Syngenta / Dunblane /Breadalbane). 

So basically to need the same number of rounds as this year's Junior Cup at least 2 of those 5 will need to be accepted by the ERJFA. 

the Linlithgow and boness sides are pretty certain. Syngenta i would think unlikely the other two never heard anymore about them

48 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

the Linlithgow and boness sides are pretty certain. Syngenta i would think unlikely the other two never heard anymore about them

Breadalbane is something I've really only seen here and early you would of thought they would be included in the proposed regional split graphic. But that only included 2 unnamed south teams.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Breadalbane is something I've really only seen here and early you would of thought they would be included in the proposed regional split graphic. But that only included 2 unnamed south teams.

which was boness and linlithgow

54 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

With Kinnoull leaving, I wonder if it makes it a little more likely that status quo on league structure for next season will be the result at AGM.

Think that's a stretch. What does it change other than having an 8 team rather than a 9 team north first division? If anything, it's probably easier to schedule the north divisions now.

Just now, LongTimeLurker said:

Think that's a stretch. What does it change other than having an 8 team rather than a 9 team north first division? If anything, it's probably easier to schedule the north divisions now.

Well if you believe what a few posters have said that Tayside clubs aren't really in favour of the restructure and it's being driven by Lothians clubs, this may just push them towards keeping what they have.  An 8 team division isn't a very attractive proposition.

24 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Well if you believe what a few posters have said that Tayside clubs aren't really in favour of the restructure and it's being driven by Lothians clubs, this may just push them towards keeping what they have.  An 8 team division isn't a very attractive proposition.

But it's a Tayside team (ok, in LL territory, but still) who moved, so it will be 1 vote less for "Tayside".

But it's a Tayside team (ok, in LL territory, but still) who moved, so it will be 1 vote less for "Tayside".
Depends whether a vote falls on territorial lines. Maybe some West Lothian clubs don't want a very local league either.

Kinnoul statement:

Kinnoull FC - Club Statement

We are pleased to announce that after the East of Scotland football associations AGM last night, our application to join their league has been accepted, subject to ground checks.

At Kinnoull we have always looked to push our club forward and believed that with the infrastructure and people we have in place being under the auspices of such a well run, trusted and respected organisation as the East of Scotland FA would support our club to grow in the manner we all feel it deserves.

With circumstances presenting themselves that allowed us to make the move sooner we were quite ready to take advantage. We are delight to have this great opportunity for our players and have complete confidence in their ability to perform at this level.

All at Tulloch Park are looking forward to the new season and hope to see supporters old and new getting behind the club as we make our way in our new league.