Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

13 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Maybe not at the moment but you've got the begging bowl out for funds for them.

Begging bowl? Our fans are superb when it comes to a fundraising venture regarding the ground. Unfortunately we don't have a sugar daddy.

12 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

No one is suggesting they won't. The next move, in my opinion, will be seated cover for 100 or more but that is a guess at best. Again though, if a club isn't interested don't join. They won't be forced against their will.

Take it your talking about Bonnyrigg.

The problem is not the pyramid idea. It’s the fake pyramid idea i’m against. You win the league at level xyz and you move up to the next level. Jumping through loops and hoops with rule changes along the way doesn’t really cut it. Talbot as an example seem to do okay in the present set up. A run in the big Scottish every season and up there in the Juniors. Supporters paying £6 and £3 for a Junior game or £14 v Elgin City etc who might bring a bus load to Ayrshire on a good day. It’s a no brainier for a lot of Junior teams or more precisely Junior fans. 

Btw ask the SFL2 supporters how they feel about dropping out without a 2 legged playoff with the second game at home to let a Cove or EK into the league. Straight promotion, one up one down and it’s blood and snotters.

1 hour ago, Blackie Gold said:

Begging bowl? Our fans are superb when it comes to a fundraising venture regarding the ground. Unfortunately we don't have a sugar daddy.

Your sugar daddy has been senior football this season. Live TV coverage and a capacity crowd, game at Tynecastle in front of 15k, 5th Round.  You'll have trousered well over £100k.

More than enough to put up some floodlights.

7 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

The problem is not the pyramid idea. It’s the fake pyramid idea i’m against. You win the league at level xyz and you move up to the next level. Jumping through loops and hoops with rule changes along the way doesn’t really cut it. Talbot as an example seem to do okay in the present set up. A run in the big Scottish every season and up there in the Juniors. Supporters paying £6 and £3 for a Junior game or £14 v Elgin City etc who might bring a bus load to Ayrshire on a good day. It’s a no brainier for a lot of Junior teams or more precisely Junior fans. 

Btw ask the SFL2 supporters how they feel about dropping out without a 2 legged playoff with the second game at home to let a Cove or EK into the league. Straight promotion, one up one down and it’s blood and snotters.

Why would Auchinleck put their prices up to £14 if they got to League Two? 

29 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Why would Auchinleck put their prices up to £14 if they got to League Two? 

What’s the standard adult price for a SFL2  game?

Edited, adult price for a home league game this season at Albion Rovers was £13.

Edited by Tutankhamen

6 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

What’s the standard adult price for a SFL2 game?

There is no standard price set by the SPFL for league matches, it is up to the home club to determine admission charges. However League Two clubs charge £12-14.

2 hours ago, G4Mac said:

Again, really? The sfa have pulled the rug out from under everyone's feet.... Not the eos or LL. Talbot would get a licence, they have all that is required. I do love how we like to use one example to justify a narrative that doesn't make sense.... 6 other clubs got a licence. More are likely to in the coming months... Including Bonnyrigg. But again, if your club doesn't believe in the pyramid or doesn't want to partake, don't sign up.... No one is forcing anyone. Stay in a set up where winning the top league takes you no further and progression stops each season.

Strange argument. Where does winning the top league of the pyramid take you to?

The champions league shuggie. But when you are way down the pyramid structure, or not in it at all, surely the aim should be to see how high you can go in that structure? Or do clubs like being the big fish?

In relation to Tutankhamens response regarding a fake pyramid, prices, Elgin on a Tuesday night etc..... This is the same argument against the pyramid you, and tj, have spouted since day one. I dont agree with it, the benefits of the pyramid far outweigh staying junior. But again, clubs don't have to if they don't want to. Frankly it'd be nice to see if Talbot and the likes would progress through the structure and see how high they could go, I feel though that project fear will win over and we won't get to see if they are as good as many think they are, sadly.

Strange argument. Where does winning the top league of the pyramid take you to?

Almost as strange an argument as equating winning the West Region Premiership with the actual premiership?

Answer is the Champions League though.

It's all become a bit tiresome, there are clearly a lot of junior fans and clubs who are not interested in the pyramid and that's absolutely fine, no one is saying it isn't.

No one is trying to force the juniors into the pyramid, if clubs and fans dont want to join, don't, stay in the juniors.

This has never been an argument about forcing people to join, the argument has always been around how the juniors join (if that's what they want to do). The answer was never "however the hell we like", as the SJFA painted it.

TBH my view on things has shifted somewhat in the last year. My starting point, having played junior for 10 years, was the hope that the juniors would all move over. Easy in the West and North, joining the EoS and a new Tayside league in the East.

It's become more clear as time has passed that the juniors themselves dont want a mass move over. There are clubs and fans in all regions who just have no interest in it.

That's fine.

New WoSFL for next season, anyone who wants to join can join that or the EoS and everyone who doesn't stays Junior.

Then we can all move on with our lives.

Being pedantic, but it doesn't take them to the Champions League. That's a cup competition it allows them to participate in. They are still in the same league the following year.

Not likely to concern any former junior clubs anyway.

Almost as strange an argument as equating winning the West Region Premiership with the actual premiership? 
Answer is the Champions League though.

It's all become a bit tiresome, there are clearly a lot of junior fans and clubs who are not interested in the pyramid and that's absolutely fine, no one is saying it isn't.

No one is trying to force the juniors into the pyramid, if clubs and fans dont want to join, don't, stay in the juniors.

This has never been an argument about forcing people to join, the argument has always been around how the juniors join (if that's what they want to do). The answer was never "however the hell we like", as the SJFA painted it.

TBH my view on things has shifted somewhat in the last year. My starting point, having played junior for 10 years, was the hope that the juniors would all move over. Easy in the West and North, joining the EoS and a new Tayside league in the East.

It's become more clear as time has passed that the juniors themselves dont want a mass move over. There are clubs and fans in all regions who just have no interest in it.

That's fine.

New WoSFL for next season, anyone who wants to join can join that or the EoS and everyone who doesn't stays Junior.

Then we can all move on with our lives.

I don’t think starting a new league for next season is a good idea. It doesn’t allow clubs to consult with their members and present the for and against arguments. Starting a new WOSFL for next season will end up being rushed and might end up failing and setting the pyramid back (in the west anyway).

What the last year has done is muddy the waters. There are fans at my club who would have supported the idea but after the debacle of this year are now not fussed what happens. I’m sure that will be the same at other clubs.

If I was still involved I would be asking at the SJFA & West Region AGMs what is happening and how likely a solution would be found. At that point clubs can come together and decide the best way forward, which imo is a WOSFL.

I don’t think starting a new league for next season is a good idea. It doesn’t allow clubs to consult with their members and present the for and against arguments. Starting a new WOSFL for next season will end up being rushed and might end up failing and setting the pyramid back (in the west anyway).

What the last year has done is muddy the waters. There are fans at my club who would have supported the idea but after the debacle of this year are now not fussed what happens. I’m sure that will be the same at other clubs.

If I was still involved I would be asking at the SJFA & West Region AGMs what is happening and how likely a solution would be found. At that point clubs can come together and decide the best way forward, which imo is a WOSFL.
Sorry, to clarify, when I say next season I mean 2020/21.

Last season finished for us 6 weeks ago and pre season starts a week on Saturday, so I'm already into 2019/20 as this season in my head and 2020/21 as next season. [emoji846]

Last season finished for us 6 weeks ago and pre season starts a week on Saturday, so I'm already into 2019/20 as this season in my head and 2020/21 as next season. [emoji846]
8th June is helluva early to start pre-season when the competitive games don't start till 27th July. Season 2018-19 doesn't even officially end until 15th June. You're starting pre-season training while some clubs haven't even finished this season !

13 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Last season finished for us 6 weeks ago and pre season starts a week on Saturday, so I'm already into 2019/20 as this season in my head and 2020/21 as next season. emoji846.png

It amazed me last year, but I was surprised again this season when I worked out the difference in the number of games teams were involved in during May/June:

• LL: 10 (all cup or play-off games)
  • EoS: 20 (all but one were cup or play-off games)
  • SoS: 16
  • East Juniors: 85
  • West Juniors: 89 
  • North Juniors: 24 

8th June is helluva early to start pre-season when the competitive games don't start till 27th July. Season 2018-19 doesn't even officially end until 15th June. You're starting pre-season training while some clubs haven't even finished this season !
Bang on.

Mental. Their boys will be pissed off and burnt oot by the time the season starts. 4/5 weeks of pre season and friendlies is plenty.