Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

13 hours ago, superbigal said:

Was originally proposed but dropped to 3.

Leagues 

North Super

Lochee Utd, Broughty Athletic, Tayport, Forfar WE, Carnoustie, Kirriemuir, Downfield, North End, Luncarty & virtually certain to be Kinnoull

South Super

Whitburn, Thornton,Kennoway, Fauldhouse, Pumpherston, Livingston, Armadale, Bathgate, Lochore & Harthill

South Super looks rather inbred and I for one am not salivating on how it is going to turn out. However if the South Super clubs wish to remain outwith the Pyramid in a "ERJFA bubble" that is their choice which I fully accept and respect.

Edited by Pyramidic

Using the proposed 2019/20 ERJFA North Super template

North Super

Lochee Utd, Broughty Athletic, Tayport, Forfar WE, Carnoustie, Kirriemuir, Downfield, North End, Luncarty & virtually certain to be Kinnoull

for the 2020/21 season I would like to see the following:

NRJFA North Super (formerly NRJFA  Superleague) - 10 teams

Banks o' Dee, Bridge of Don Thistle, Montrose Roselea, Hermes, Culter, Maud Juniors, Nairn St Ninian, Dyce Juniors, Colony Park, Hall Russell United

NRJFA South Super (formerly ERJFA North Super) - 10 teams

Lochee Utd, Broughty Athletic, Tayport, Forfar WE, Carnoustie, Kirriemuir, Downfield, North End, Luncarty, Kinnoull

Champions to play-off.

There would be North Premier (remainder of clubs in North Superleague and Division One)) and South Premier (formerly ERJFA North Premier) below with promotion and relegation link to North and South Super.

That would solve the current Tayside problem.

Edited by Pyramidic

I’m curious to know, last year ~25 clubs left the juniors and joined the SPFL/Scottish Pyramid level 6.

are even more teams doing the same in this close season?

I understand the majority were from the East juniors, what’s happening in the west?

a bbc article I saw last year said 99 of 158 teams voted to join the pyramid, what are the next steps after that vote?

34 minutes ago, SensibleSoccer said:

I’m curious to know, last year ~25 clubs left the juniors and joined the SPFL/Scottish Pyramid level 6.

I understand the majority were from the East juniors, what’s happening in the west?

a bbc article I saw last year said 99 of 158 teams voted to join the pyramid, what are the next steps after that 

Check back the last 500 pages. I'm sure you'll find the answer in there somewhere

55 minutes ago, SensibleSoccer said:

a bbc article I saw last year said 99 of 158 teams voted to join the pyramid, what are the next steps after that vote?

Only Glenrothes are leaving the juniors this time around. The juniors are not entering the pyramid. The junior hierarchy told their west and east region clubs late last year that they were going to get in at tier 6 for 2019-20 as feeders to the LL, but this subsequently turned out not to be the case, because it was not possible to reach agreement over what would happen with the ERSJFA and EoS leagues in the east. The EoS are unwilling to accept another LL feeder in the east and it turns out that they have the ability to block any changes to the playoff into the LL and hence have an effective veto over what happens next. The ERSJFA have also moved away from having a single superleague to having separate north and south divisions despite the SFA telling them that only a single 16 club superleague could be accepted at tier 6. What happens next will be determined in large part by what unfolds at the upcoming WRSJFA and SJFA AGMs.

6 hours ago, G4Mac said:

As I've said many times, if this gets the mouths of the clubs left in the ersjfa watering and they are happy with it then who are we all to judge. From the outside looking in it doesn't appeal to me, but it maybe works for these clubs. 

What is clear now though is that the ersjfa will not enter the pyramid structure in its current format. I believe that the clubs who want to be in the pyramid should make it known and the eosfl can get the ball rolling. Then those who don't want to be part of the pyramid can stay in the ersjfa and function as they are..... 

No egos, no railroading, no making it work for the sake of it...... One pyramid, one eos league structure, one wos league structure both having a free flow into the LL(no clubs forced against their will) . Let's the sjfa maintain what they are left with and keeps certain clubs/people happy in remaining junior. 

How are folks getting on with the floodlights gig?

No requirement to have floodlights for Teir 6 any more than there is a requirement to have them in the juniors, as you well know.

That said, at least if you have them in the EoS you've always been allowed to use them. [emoji85]

37 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

What is your point caller? Whatever it is, it is well and truly lost on me. 

49 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Surprisingly well considering the last minute nature that floodlights were introduced as a requirement. Of the 17 clubs it in particular impacted as they were in the middle of licensing you got the following outcomes:

Succesful applicants:

1. Blacburn United
2. Broxburn Athletic
3. Easthouses Lily MW
4. Hill of Beath Hawthorn
5. Penicuik Athletic
6. Tynecastle

Rejected solely for not having floodlights:

7.  Bonnyrigg Rose (floodlights sourced)
8.  Camelon Juniors (floodlights summer 2020)
9.  Dundonald Bluebell (floodlights being installed)
10. Haddington Athletic
11. St Andrews United (floodlight fundraising)
12. Tranent (floodlight fundraising)

Ongoing applications yet to pass the Licensing Committee for SFA Board approval:

13. Dalkeith Thistle (have floodlights, different work still required)
14. Edinburgh United
15. Jeanfield Swifts (floodlights sourced waiting to be installed)
16. Musselburgh Athletic
17. Newtongrange Star (have floodlights)

25 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Surprisingly well considering the last minute nature that floodlights were introduced as a requirement. Of the 17 clubs it in particular impacted as they were in the middle of licensing you got the following outcomes:

Succesful applicants:

1. Blacburn United
2. Broxburn Athletic
3. Easthouses Lily MW
4. Hill of Beath Hawthorn
5. Penicuik Athletic
6. Tynecastle

Rejected solely for not having floodlights:

7.  Bonnyrigg Rose (floodlights sourced)
8.  Camelon Juniors (floodlights summer 2020)
9.  Dundonald Bluebell (floodlights being installed)
10. Haddington Athletic
11. St Andrews United (floodlight fundraising)
12. Tranent (floodlight fundraising)

Ongoing applications yet to pass the Licensing Committee for SFA Board approval:

13. Dalkeith Thistle (have floodlights, different work still required)
14. Edinburgh United
15. Jeanfield Swifts (floodlights sourced waiting to be installed)
16. Musselburgh Athletic
17. Newtongrange Star (have floodlights)

You left Dunipace out of those who have applied and are waiting on being passed from sfa board to Licensing Committee...... 

6 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

You left Dunipace out of those who have applied and are waiting on being passed from sfa board to Licensing Committee...... 

I never included them because they were applying in 2019 knowing that floodlights would be a requirement. Of the 17 as far as i'm aware the majority applied and were audited in 2018 with the floodlights sprung on them at the last minute.

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I never included them because they were applying in 2019 knowing that floodlights would be a requirement. Of the 17 as far as i'm aware the majority applied and were audited in 2018 with the floodlights sprung on them at the last minute.

Dunipace installed floodlights in 2018  (see photos on Non League Scotland website), so lights shouldn't delay their licensing application..

There may however be other matters which need to be addressed by the club, as part of the licensing process.

Edited by Robert James

These ERJFA leagues look absolutely awful, especially in the south section. Whoever thought that was a good idea that will encourage more fans to come? This will only decrease the interest in East junior football.
Wjy