Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

57 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

The Mickey Mouse Format is used by the SPFL in the Championship, SPFL1 and SPF2 and has been the format for a few years.However when the junior use this format it seems to be all wrong,what a load of childish nonsense.

As you are so well informed what format do you propose for the ERJFA? Do you really think that managers in the East Region's new North and South Superleague are going to be happy playing the same old 9 teams when looking over their shoulder they can see that the EOSL are able to format their Division 1 Conferences so that players are competing against 23 different teams.

You appear too eager to criticise without putting forward anything positive and progressive.

Edited by Pyramidic

23 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

As you are so well informed what format do you propose for the ERJFA? Do you really think that managers in the East Region's new North and South Superleague are going to be happy playing the same old 9 teams when looking over their shoulder they can see that the EOSL are able to format their Division 1 Conferences so that players are competing against 23 different teams.

You appear too eager to criticise without putting forward anything positive and progressive.

You do realize it was a lot of the East Region clubs that came up with format? It wasn't forced on them. 

47 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

You do realize it was a lot of the East Region clubs that came up with format? It wasn't forced on them. 

Of course. It is my understanding that the West Lothian and Fife clubs have forced the issue. The Tayside clubs reluctantly accepted the North and South Superleague format in order to prevent another round of defections to the EOSL. Am I wrong?

It is going to be a dreadful competition in my view but with a bit of tweaking as suggested in my previous post it could be strengthened and made much more interesting for Junior supporters.

47 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I dont think the East Region format is any good but then again that EoS interconfence thing is a complete pigsty of an idea. 

Difference being of course is the SPFL format isn't in place because clubs are frightened of travelling the length of their own shadow.

West Lothian to Carnoustie.Forfar Kirriemuir is a wee bit more than the length of a shadow. A strange statement from someone who was encouraging the manager of a West Lothian club recently to join the EOS because of the amount of travelling involved in ERJFA

2 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

West Lothian to Carnoustie.Forfar Kirriemuir is a wee bit more than the length of a shadow. A strange statement from someone who was encouraging the manager of a West Lothian club recently to join the EOS because of the amount of travelling involved in ERJFA

Strange, I wasn't the one moaning about travelling and wanting the league format ripped up because of it, the sensible thing to do if that was the case is join the EoS, where the big Lothians clubs are.

Mind you, the West clubs seems to be able to manage travelling all over their Region, as do EoS clubs, what's wrong in the West Lothian Juniors, paralysed by lack of ambition?

The Mickey Mouse Format is used by the SPFL in the Championship, SPFL1 and SPF2 and has been the format for a few years.However when the junior use this format it seems to be all wrong,what a load of childish nonsense.
Since when did these leagues have geographical splits?

3 minutes ago, TheLad said:
2 hours ago, Vollyman said:

Since when did these leagues have geographical splits?

I think he was meaning more the size of the leagues.

The size of the leagues are only proposed because of the desired geographical split. Out of interest, is it intended that the teams play each other 4 times in East Region next season?

57 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

Of course. It is my understanding that the West Lothian and Fife clubs have forced the issue. The Tayside clubs reluctantly accepted the North and South Superleague format in order to prevent another round of defections to the EOSL. Am I wrong?

It is going to be a dreadful competition in my view but with a bit of tweaking as suggested in my previous post it could be strengthened and made much more interesting for Junior supporters.

The bigger West Lothian clubs will get the stick for it but I don't think the North Premier clubs will mind too much either. It makes little difference to them and is largely positive as it increases their chance of a title, promotion and playing the bigger Tayside teams.

4 hours ago, TheLad said:
4 hours ago, Jason King said:

The size of the leagues are only proposed because of the desired geographical split. Out of interest, is it intended that the teams play each other 4 times in East Region next season?

Was originally proposed but dropped to 3.

Leagues 

North Super

Lochee Utd, Broughty Athletic, Tayport, Forfar WE, Carnoustie, Kirriemuir, Downfield, North End, Luncarty & virtually certain to be Kinnoull

South Super

Whitburn, Thornton,Kennoway, Fauldhouse, Pumpherston, Livingston, Armadale, Bathgate, Lochore & Harthill

12 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

The structure of the EOSL is as follows and HibeeJibee and the EOSL Committee are to be congratulated in coming up with an innovative and progessive format with a special mention for the two EOS Division 1 conferences that can be likened to the US Soccer Conferences.

D7MqtVRW4AAFlRz.jpg:large

When did Hawick Royal Albert become a United?

Was originally proposed but dropped to 3.
Leagues 
North Super
Lochee Utd, Broughty Athletic, Tayport, Forfar WE, Carnoustie, Kirriemuir, Downfield, North End, Luncarty & virtually certain to be Kinnoull
South Super
Whitburn, Thornton,Kennoway, Fauldhouse, Pumpherston, Livingston, Armadale, Bathgate, Lochore & Harthill

Super?! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

These ERJFA leagues look absolutely awful, especially in the south section. Whoever thought that was a good idea that will encourage more fans to come? This will only decrease the interest in East junior football.

As I've said many times, if this gets the mouths of the clubs left in the ersjfa watering and they are happy with it then who are we all to judge. From the outside looking in it doesn't appeal to me, but it maybe works for these clubs. 

What is clear now though is that the ersjfa will not enter the pyramid structure in its current format. I believe that the clubs who want to be in the pyramid should make it known and the eosfl can get the ball rolling. Then those who don't want to be part of the pyramid can stay in the ersjfa and function as they are..... 

No egos, no railroading, no making it work for the sake of it...... One pyramid, one eos league structure, one wos league structure both having a free flow into the LL(no clubs forced against their will) . Let's the sjfa maintain what they are left with and keeps certain clubs/people happy in remaining junior.