Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

6 hours ago, clash city rocker said:

If that's the case many Irvine Meadow , Beith , Kilwinning etc have not complied. Glenafton's are on same side but about 40 yards apart.

I remember the Junior Cup semi at Vale of Leven 10 years ago - the 4th official (IIRC) spent a half on each side.

On 18/05/2019 at 17:22, Jason King said:

At Pumpherston v Kennoway today and the programme said that Linlithgow, Bo'ness, Syngenta and Dunblane have all applied to join the East Region and will have their applications assessed at the AGM.

Dunblane is a progressive club, and would be an interesting addition to the Juniors or Seniors. However there is nothing on their website which confirms that they have applied to join the Juniors.

Also, does anyone know if the club's ground and facilities meet the required standards  for entry ?

Dunblane is a progressive club, and would be an interesting addition to the Juniors or Seniors. However there is nothing on their website which confirms that they have applied to join the Juniors.
Also, does anyone know if the club's ground and facilities meet the required standards  for entry ?
I think it's a different Dunblane.

Not the "soccer club", who I'm assuming you are referring to, it's the old Thistle who used to be in the fosters central Ams I think.

10 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

I think it's a different Dunblane.

Not the "soccer club", who I'm assuming you are referring to, it's the old Thistle who used to be in the fosters central Ams I think.

Thanks for clarifying that.  Do you know where  "Dunblane Thistle"  used to  play their home games ?

Thanks for clarifying that.  Do you know where  "Dunblane Thistle"  used to  play their home games ?
I don't know where the official base was, but I know they played a good few games out of Stirling Uni.

On 5/18/2019 at 21:13, superbigal said:

Tellyboy (Good player in his day) would have the inside track on Montrose roseleas real future aspirations

I can confirm that Montrose Roselea would have no inclination to join the SHFL at the moment. That is not down to lack of ambition it is more down to resources. In a town of 13,000 people it would be very difficult to support two Senior sides and financially at the moment it would be disaster. Our club runs on a shoestring but does very well all the same punching above ones weight.  Maybe there is something we are missing like additional revenue from the SHFL that we are unaware of but cant see that being available somehow. Yes we have the ground although we dont have first call on it so that could be an additional problem. We moved from the East to North to cut down on travel so the SHFL would put us back to where we were. In saying that we are in favour of the Pyramid system but that doesn't mean we have ambitions to enter it and go to the highest level. Some clubs have their comfortable level and for us at the moment it is Junior or whatever it may be called in the future. I can see how Banks o Dee would be a natural fit however the talk is that they are not keen.

23 minutes ago, tellyboy said:

In saying that we are in favour of the Pyramid system but that doesn't mean we have ambitions to enter it and go to the highest level. Some clubs have their comfortable level and for us at the moment it is Junior or whatever it may be called in the future.

How about if there was a Tayside/North Junior merger to form a feeder below the HL at tier 6?

9 hours ago, gaz5 said:
9 hours ago, Robert James said:

I don't know where the official base was, but I know they played a good few games out of Stirling Uni.

Wallace High sometimes too I think

1 hour ago, Big Davy Boy said:

Woa there fella - far too sensible

It’s a far way from what my perfect scenario would be, but thanks to the SFA doing their usual self-preservation sh!te, it’s as good as we are getting.

This was the ERJFA structure being suggested for the 2019/20 season back in March.  

Screenshot_20190313-075419_Word.jpg

We now have the possibility of 4 new teams:

Linlithgow Rose Juniors
Bo'ness United Juniors
Syngenta Juveniles
Dunblane Soccer Club

This will give a possible structure of:

South Super (10 teams)
North Super (10 teams)

South Premier (10 teams)
North Premier (9 teams)

This in my view represents a very poor structure when compared to the East of Scotland as teams will be continually playing each other in a "Mickey Mouse format" in the small localised divisions.

The structure of the EOSL is as follows and HibeeJibee and the EOSL Committee are to be congratulated in coming up with an innovative and progessive format with a special mention for the two EOS Division 1 conferences that can be likened to the US Soccer Conferences.

D7MqtVRW4AAFlRz.jpg:large

So in contrast a team in the South Super (such as Thornton Hibs) will have league games against 9 different teams whilst a team in EOSL First (such as Glenrothes Juniors) will have league games against 23 different teams.

Which League provides the more attractive proposition for supporters?  The EOSL without a doubt.

However in my view there is no reason why the ERJFA should not use the EOSL format which would see teams in the South Super playing home and away providing 18 fixtures and then getting an additional 10 fixtures by playing the 10 teams in the North Super (using the EOSL format).  This would mean that sides in the the 2 SuperLeague Conferences would each get 28 fixtures playing 19 different teams. A similar format could be used for the Premier League Conferences.

Above all using the EOSL format would I hope bring the two Leagues much closer together which I hope would eventually result in the South Super and the South Premier being subsumed within the EOSL.

Edited by Pyramidic

43 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

The structure of the EOSL is as follows and HibeeJibee and the EOSL Committee are to be congratulated in coming up with an innovative and progessive format with a special mention for the two EOS Division 1 conferences that can be likened to the US Soccer Conferences.

D7MqtVRW4AAFlRz.jpg:large

Very interesting, as extracted from an innovative post from  pyramidic  (above)

Not seen this published on the EoSL website, or anywhere else on P&B !  Apologies if I have missed it.

Very interesting, as extracted from an innovative post from  pyramidic  (above)
 Not seen this published on the EoSL website, or anywhere else on P&B !  Apologies if I have missed it.

That graphic comes from Dunipace Twitter & Facebook, rather than EoS, but it's an accurate representation of the EoS league format. A few clubs have made their own images to cover the official doc.

There's further info re: cup arrangements and dealing with different relegation/promotion scenarios above in the full doc.

All in all, EoS again stepping up. Looks excellent.

This was the ERJFA structure being suggested for the 2019/20 season back in March.  

Screenshot_20190313-075419_Word.jpg.8d68c158ef672906b2bb6f817f7eb8c0.jpg

We now have the possibility of 4 new teams:

Linlithgow Rose Juniors

Bo'ness United Juniors

Syngenta Juveniles

Dunblane Soccer Club

This will give a possible structure of:

South Super (10 teams)

North Super (10 teams)

South Premier (10 teams)

North Premier (9 teams)

This in my view represents a very poor structure when compared to the East of Scotland as teams will be continually playing each other in a "Mickey Mouse format" in the small localised divisions.

D7MqtVRW4AAFlRz.jpg:large&key=e02cdf5504176b0bd4549fb84c1b81243acc829c8d8c5ccb43abedd6ff467671

So in contrast a team in the South Super (such as Thornton Hibs) will have league games against 9 different teams whilst a team in EOSL First (such as Glenrothes Juniors) will have league games against 23 different teams.

Which League provides the more attractive proposition for supporters?  The EOSL without a doubt.

However in my view there is no reason why the ERJFA should not use the EOSL format which would see teams in the South Super playing home and away providing 18 fixtures and then getting an additional 10 fixtures by playing the 10 teams in the North Super (using the EOSL format).  This would mean that sides in the the 2 SuperLeague Conferences would each get 28 fixtures playing 19 different teams. A similar format could be used for the Premier League Conferences.

Above all using the EOSL format would I hope bring the two Leagues much closer together which I hope would eventually result in the South Super and the South Premier being subsumed within the EOSL.

The Mickey Mouse Format is used by the SPFL in the Championship, SPFL1 and SPF2 and has been the format for a few years.However when the junior use this format it seems to be all wrong,what a load of childish nonsense.

26 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

The Mickey Mouse Format is used by the SPFL in the Championship, SPFL1 and SPF2 and has been the format for a few years.However when the junior use this format it seems to be all wrong,what a load of childish nonsense.

Difference being of course is the SPFL format isn't in place because clubs are frightened of travelling the length of their own shadow.