Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

6 hours ago, Tutankhamen said:

Imagine Cove will be singing and dancing in that industrial estate they play in.

And your point is caller? 

Now that there is another team in the spfl that has progressed through the current pyramid and a further 6 clubs granted their sfa licence are you ever going to drop your pyramid bashing? 

As I've said on another thread, you continue to use one example to display your obviously flawed narrative (that the pyramid is a non starter and someone, somewhere has sold everyone a dead horse), whilst excluding the actual evidence that is right in front of you should you choose to look at it. 

Here's hoping the west juniors can partake in the coming months/seasons.....id say certain teams, if they are interested in getting to the spfl, would stand a very good chance of getting there and making an impact, just as Edinburgh City have done. 

1 hour ago, G4Mac said:

And your point is caller? 

Now that there is another team in the spfl that has progressed through the current pyramid and a further 6 clubs granted their sfa licence are you ever going to drop your pyramid bashing? 

As I've said on another thread, you continue to use one example to display your obviously flawed narrative (that the pyramid is a non starter and someone, somewhere has sold everyone a dead horse), whilst excluding the actual evidence that is right in front of you should you choose to look at it. 

Here's hoping the west juniors can partake in the coming months/seasons.....id say certain teams, if they are interested in getting to the spfl, would stand a very good chance of getting there and making an impact, just as Edinburgh City have done. 

Spot on G4Mac !

Cove Rangers FC has set an example to all other ambitious non league clubs, by demonstrating what can be achieved,  notwithstanding humble beginnings. According to the club's website, their brief history is as follows :

1922  club formed (almost a century ago)

1922-47 played in the Aberdeen Juvenile League

1947-1985 played in the Aberdeenshire Amateur League

1985-86 played in the North Juniors (for one season only)

1986-2019 played in the Highland League (during which time they had to vacate their ground at Allan Park, as its pitch was too small in size under international regulations)

2018 opened their new Balmoral Stadium

2019  promoted to the SPFL

Whilst not personally a Cove supporter, their promotion has demonstrated that the pyramid is working, and it will "come of age" when West Junior clubs  achieve "feeder league" status.  I fully support and applaud their success. All the best for your SPFL future.

Like most genuine football fans, I am of course, sad to see an historic club like Berwick Rangers lose their SPFL status, as I was when East Stirlingshire FC suffered a similar fate.   However, if the football folk of Berwickshire get behind the club, it will be successful in the Lowland League.  Best wishes for the future !

15 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It's two amateur teams taking on the names as junior clubs.

Linlithgow Rose Juniors = Linlithgow Rose CFC

Bo'ness United Juniors = Linlithgow Thistle

With the real derby almost definitely reinstated on the fixture list again next season this goes from a clever looking ploy to a desperate looking one.

5 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

With the real derby almost definitely reinstated on the fixture list again next season this goes from a clever looking ploy to a desperate looking one.

Since there are some people that believed this was the real Linlithgow and Bo'ness returning with their tails between the legs, i'm sure there will be some fans turning up to games against them thinking the same.

If the real Bo'ness United and Linlithgow Rose had went another season with no derby game this might have had some legs. With them both in a very strong looking EoS premier that looks like an East Superleague should it makes the ERSJFA look like a mickey mouse operation.

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

If the real Bo'ness United and Linlithgow Rose had went another season with no derby game this might have had some legs. With them both in a very strong looking EoS premier that looks like an East Superleague should it makes the ERSJFA look like a mickey mouse operation.

Cmon the Eos Premier is way ahead of drudgery v Stoneyburn and West Calder etc. The only realistic way they'd have gone another year without their derby is if one was in the LL and the other was not, and even then it'd only be a matter of time before the other got there.

8 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Since there are some people that believed this was the real Linlithgow and Bo'ness returning with their tails between the legs, i'm sure there will be some fans turning up to games against them thinking the same.

The unofficial BU twitter posted about a signing for the Junior team. This won't get confusing or anything!

10 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

The unofficial BU twitter posted about a signing for the Junior team. This won't get confusing or anything!

Bo'ness United's twitter is responded to by Linlithgow Thistle who are also Bo'ness United? FFS :lol:

27 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Bo'ness United's twitter is responded to by Linlithgow Thistle who are also Bo'ness United? FFS :lol:

That isn't actually Bo'ness United's twitter either. It's a fan run account. So it's only going to get more confusing once the amateurs rebrand themselves.

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

They said in another tweet they'll change their name after the PotY at the end of the month, their own GTF day from the ammies.

2 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

What's happening about Bonnyrigg not getting into the LL. Will Broxburn or Penicuik be handed the position. Seems shite if teams battled it out for a crack at the LL and then get booted in the bawz.

No licence, no promotion to the LL and only champions can be promoted. The three teams battled it out for the EoS championship title, as the winners of that play in the Scottish Cup. 

22 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

They said in another tweet they'll change their name after the PotY at the end of the month, their own GTF day from the ammies.

No licence, no promotion to the LL and only champions can be promoted. The three teams battled it out for the EoS championship title, as the winners of that play in the Scottish Cup. 

I thought all EOS clubs can play in the Scottish?

Sorry If I have missed something here as I'm not up to speed with the EOSL rules. I was under the illusion that all senior clubs were a shoe in for the Scottish Cup. Could somebody enlighten me other than the two arseholes who have previously answered.

Just now, Blackie Gold said:

Sorry If I have missed something here as I'm not up to speed with the EOSL rules. I was under the illusion that all senior clubs were a shoe in for the Scottish Cup. Could somebody enlighten me other than the two arseholes who have previously answered.

You know fine well you need a licence regardless of what senior league you play in. The only arsehole here is you, bored on a Sunday night.

2 minutes ago, gogsy said:

FFS I've been called an arsehole by better people than you thank you very much.  Someone on another thread posted a list of clubs that have qualified for Scottish cup.

Licenced

1.Banks O’Dee (+ North Junior Champs)

2.Burntisland Shipyard

3.Coldstream

4.Girvan

5.Glasgow University

6.Golspie Sutherland

7.Hawick Royal Albert

8.Linlithgow Rose

9.Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale

10.Newton Stewart

11.Preston Athletic

12.St Cuthbert Wanderers

13.Threave Rovers

14.Wigtown & Bladnoch

15.Blackburn United

16.Broxburn Athletic

17.Easthouses Lily

18.Hill of Beath Hawthorn

19.Penicuik Athletic

20.Tynecastle

Unlicenced

1. Bonnyrigg Rose (EoS Champion)

2. Camelon (Shield Winner)

3. Lochee United (East Junior)

4. Auchinleck Talbot (West Junior + Junior Cup)

5. Colville Park or Eastfield (Amateur Cup Winners_

Aye that's the list I put together.  Bonnyrigg's (and Camelon's) failure to get licenced has been softeneed slightly by still qualifying for the Scottish.

43 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

You know fine well you need a licence regardless of what senior league you play in. The only arsehole here is you, bored on a Sunday night.

That's where your wrong I didn't know that. I don't follow senior football and due to us winning our league I was interested to see who we might come up against. Hope your lot are in it and you pull a wee away day at Beechwood it would be nice to meet you in person.

40 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Aye that's the list I put together.  Bonnyrigg's (and Camelon's) failure to get licenced has been softeneed slightly by still qualifying for the Scottish.

Cheers very informative and lets me know who we might face.

On 16/03/2019 at 00:49, Blackie Gold said:

If Bonnyrigg win the EOSL and do not have lights then they should not be granted entry to the LL. Sorry folks we have to move ahead and the club going up should be the club meeting SFA criteria. My club could win the Scottish Cup and West Premier Division but due to not having lights we will be refused entry to the Willy Hill. Swings and Roundabouts

On 16/03/2019 at 01:45, Blackie Gold said:

So I'm lead to believe

On 15/03/2019 at 19:19, Blackie Gold said:

Fundraising for lights at this moment. The rest of the ground is up to license standard. You dont' think were doing this for nothing, if we are forced into the pyramid then we are going to the top and not just the LL. We don't like the idea but unlike many on here who will be forced to watch their team play similar Dog & Dog FC's. If Auchinleck Talbot's in it. Then their going to win it. Have a nice night.

Well a few months back you seemed to understand the concept of needing a Licence, and that Bonnyrigg should be refused......

4 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Well a few months back you seemed to understand the concept of needing a Licence, and that Bonnyrigg should be refused......

Okay I was bored.  Just wanted to stir you from your lair as you have been very quiet since Bonnyrigg got shafted.