Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Noncense.
Pretty sure the LL is advertising at the moment and Banks O Dee now fulfill the LL  Licensing criteria and SFA criteria of ROD says its okay.
Even you cannot deny what Rod said :angel

They really should apply just for a larf

Lol poor old Rod, I dont think he actually knows what the HL/LL line actually is.

9 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
19 minutes ago, superbigal said:
Noncense.
Pretty sure the LL is advertising at the moment and Banks O Dee now fulfill the LL  Licensing criteria and SFA criteria of ROD says its okay.
Even you cannot deny what Rod said :angel

They really should apply just for a larf

Lol poor old Rod, I dont think he actually knows what the HL/LL line actually is.

Also there may not be a LL place to fill if Berwick Rangers are relegated and Bonnyrigg are denied promotion.

14 minutes ago, honestman54 said:

Also there may not be a LL place to fill if Berwick Rangers are relegated and Bonnyrigg are denied promotion.

No mate Berwick have selected the Highland League

7 minutes ago, superbigal said:

No mate Berwick have selected the Highland League

What nonesense.  Apart from the distance, the fact that the HL are not taken any more clubs,  Berwick dont have to make that choice as yet.

6 minutes ago, honestman54 said:

What nonesense.  Apart from the distance, the fact that the HL are not taken any more clubs,  Berwick dont have to make that choice as yet.

image.jpeg.782d18be1daba8162ef43a911a5138b2.jpegimage.jpeg.a0c6b8fa8bda935898df5f59faaa1159.jpeg

Edited by superbigal

There was talk on Saturday if Berwick got relegated, they were going to join the English Pyramid tier 6?? . Not sure if ang truth in that.
If they were to go south the highest league they could enter at would be step 4 or 5 of NLS aka tier 9 or 10 so I don't see it happening.

There was talk on Saturday if Berwick got relegated, they were going to join the English Pyramid tier 6?? . Not sure if ang truth in that.

Talk, but it’s seems to generally be pure mindless speculation. They seem to be acting as if they expect to be playing LL next season if they lose. Generally I think they view themselves in a Scottish context and the thought of moving FA’s is rather extreme for them.

17 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Talk, but it’s seems to generally be pure mindless speculation. They seem to be acting as if they expect to be playing LL next season if they lose. Generally I think they view themselves in a Scottish context and the thought of moving FA’s is rather extreme for them.

Their geographically appropriate Level 7 league (the Northern Premier) would involve much more travelling than they would expect in the Lowland League, as it includes clubs all the way down to North Norfolk. The only "local" league that might involve less travelling than the Lowland League would be the Northern League (its top tier is at Level 9 on the English pyramid, 4 levels below the "Conference"). 

54 minutes ago, pumphy_man said:

whoever was saying that clearly at the wind up.

Berwick would have to join Northern League Division One I suspect and they see themselves as a club who've always been in the Scottish system, and have no intention of changing that.

The idea that they would just walk into National League North is just laughable. I think they'd find that league very tough, too, and would likely come bottom.

There is simply no good reason not to adopt a pyramid system that includes all teams, right down to the amateurs.  "The fans don't want it" or "the clubs don't want it" are not valid excuses if the fans or clubs don't have good reasons.  I haven't seen any good reasons.  Scotland is the only country in Europe without such a system, not because of "tradition", but because of obstinacy and refusal to change - just for the sake of it.  Most, if not all, clubs, would be better off, would have to travel the same or less than now, and would know their place within a national system.  They'd also be playing a set of teams very close to what they are already playing.

Edited by mcruic

26 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

why the rolling eyes? There's more chance of Belgium leaving the EU than there is of Berwick playing at Level 6 in England next season.

If it does happen, Montrose should definitely play their home games next year in the sea.

4 hours ago, mcruic said:

There is simply no good reason not to adopt a pyramid system that includes all teams, right down to the amateurs.  "The fans don't want it" or "the clubs don't want it" are not valid excuses if the fans or clubs don't have good reasons.  I haven't seen any good reasons.  Scotland is the only country in Europe without such a system, not because of "tradition", but because of obstinacy and refusal to change - just for the sake of it.  Most, if not all, clubs, would be better off, would have to travel the same or less than now, and would know their place within a national system.  They'd also be playing a set of teams very close to what they are already playing.

As much as I am pro-pyramid, the bit in bold is nowhere near the truth.