Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

They won't like it when someone summarises the EoS meeting and what Mr Petrie told the 80 or so people in the room.

Heads gone incoming I reckon.....

From over in the EOS forum. I can't wait for this whole saga to get made into a film.

24 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

As far as the West management know there will be 4 leagues in at tier 6 including esjfa.

The East Region Juniors proposal has two divisions at the same level next year, I think. Will the have to change back to a single super league?

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

The East Region Juniors proposal has two divisions at the same level next year, I think. Will the have to change back to a single super league?

The West management are a bit unsure what was going to happen in the East but expect it to be 1 super league only I think only the East can answer that question.

3 minutes ago, Fife Journeyman said:

Dont tell Fauldhouseemoji85.png

As I said the West management are probably in the dark as much as everyone else what's going on as they said tonight they expect there will be only one super league in the east. One big mess in my opinion

You can have as many top leagues as you want. The EOS had 3 this season.  As long as you end up with 1 overall champion.
That's not what the EoS was told tonight, or what the SJFA have apparently already been told (which is likely why the WRSJFA mentioned it tonight at their meeting).

Top league's only at Teir 6 from next season forward.

One of many interesting discussion points.

13 minutes ago, superbigal said:

You can have as many top leagues as you want. The EOS had 3 this season.  As long as you end up with 1 overall champion.

Just means you need to finish the league season a week or two earlier so it's sorted for the LL play-off. Or if you know there's not going to be a champion who was licenced by 31st March then you can run past the deadline.

Edited by Ginaro

Although not at the meeting, I’m led to believe that no date was given for a decision on licensing of those clubs waiting. I’m also told that it was announced that the Juniors were not joining tier 6.

It was indeed, on both counts, by RP

There's a new back of a fag packet plan, which was different to the one discussed at the PWG apparently. He stated on at least half a dozen occasions that this plan meant "the juniors will not be at Teir 6 next season". He was questioned on it and confirmed.

tl;dr no change for next season.

No, it doesn't unfortunately. 

It's pretty much as you were with the Juniors having a year to conform to the rules and regulations of the pyramid (including discipline which is to be administered by the SFA, not the SJFA) for all competitions, including the Junior Cup. Presumably at that point we have this same sorry debate again.

Reference was made to the LL being asked to amend the playoff rules before 31/12/19 to make provision for the possibility of 2, 3 or 4 teams entering the LL playoff, but the feedback was that, as per Whitehill relegation and that proposed mid season rule change, you can't change the rules mid season. You finish with the rules you start with.

So next season, for all intents and purposes, it's as you were if RP is to be believed it would seem.

He did also confirm later that the SJFA had been told that the East Region would not be accepted at Teir 6 ever with a split league. Had to be one superleague in the East, not two. Apparently they were told that a while ago.