Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

14 minutes ago, Robert James said:

In my opinion, West Region clubs should not allow their entry into the pyramid to be delayed for another season, if the situation regarding the East Juniors is not resolved in time. 

tbh  I dont think a lot of  West Region clubs could now give a monkeys one way or another going by the conversations I've had recently.

Even less so in light of the potential fly in the ointment over licencing.

4 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

west region meeting tonight plus the EOS agm. Maxwell & Petrie are meeting with the EOS after the agm.

Things could hopefully become clearer today.

The EoS AGM is in June, tonight there is a brief EGM solely to admit/reject new applicant clubs.

1 hour ago, santheman said:

tbh  I dont think a lot of  West Region clubs could now give a monkeys one way or another going by the conversations I've had recently.

Juniors clubs have been parochial and often petty, but this pales to insignificance in comparison to the incompetence of the professionals of the football authorities.

Not one of them is worth a wage.

1 hour ago, santheman said:

Well why don't they just back out then. It just all smacks of trying to get back at the clubs that left to better themselves 

Well why don't they just back out then. It just all smacks of trying to get back at the clubs that left to better themselves 

Why would clubs in the west & north want to get back at clubs who left? I can maybe understand the East clubs but they are in the minority.

The SJFA put forward a plan that is something resembling what their clubs wanted, the SFA agreed and the EOS/LL disagreed. It’s not the juniors fault the SFA have (until now at least) backed their plan.

If the SFA had rejected it out of hand as unworkable in the East then the SJFA would have had to come up with other proposals. The ire of the EOS clubs should be with the SFA and some of their own representatives.

3 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Why would clubs in the west & north want to get back at clubs who left? I can maybe understand the East clubs but they are in the minority.

The SJFA put forward a plan that is something resembling what their clubs wanted, the SFA agreed and the EOS/LL disagreed. It’s not the juniors fault the SFA have (until now at least) backed their plan.

If the SFA had rejected it out of hand as unworkable in the East then the SJFA would have had to come up with other proposals. The ire of the EOS clubs should be with the SFA and some of their own representatives.

A blind man could have seen it was unworkable as soon as the quality of the East Region departed. Nothing but bloody-minded pettiness has us here.

4 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

What if the SJFA were offered the chance of West in next season (because nobody objects to that) with work continuing to find agreement in the East, but this was knocked back by SJFA.

What would West clubs do then?

4 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

A blind man could have seen it was unworkable as soon as the quality of the East Region departed. Nothing but bloody-minded pettiness has us here.

And TJ's instance on all-in or nobody in  (but lets pretend the North doesn't exist)

4 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

What if the SJFA were offered the chance of West in next season (because nobody objects to that) with work continuing to find agreement in the East, but this was knocked back by SJFA.

What would West clubs do then?

Discuss it at the AGM (or EGM if one was called) and have a democratic vote on any proposal.

4 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

And TJ's instance on all-in or nobody in  (but lets pretend the North doesn't exist)

It was the clubs that voted it in. If they weren't happy with the proposal at the time they could have tabled amendments and voted on any alternatives put forward (but they didn't ) so they must be happy with the original proposal.